Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Going to KCIR (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18657)

qtrmile2 10-17-2007 04:18 AM

Going to KCIR

Heading out for Kansas City International Raceway this Friday 10/19.
Running in S/ST Division 5 open. Were also gunna run some pro bracket at night. I think this is the last event this year so I'm ready. I think Jerry Haus is having his first annual shootout that week end too. Then we go back to KCIR Nov 3. Tostoracing rents the track for the day for everybody to make time runs. It's called Midwest Shootout. If anybody is in the area come up to our trailer and say HI :wink:
Also Nov. 3 you can come and watch at KCIR. Spectators get in FREE.

chevguy65 10-17-2007 05:41 AM

Sounds cool!

Keep us posted on how things go.

I wish I was close enough, I would love to make some passes with the Tosto family!

spib 10-18-2007 04:53 AM

vince have fun and win!!!!!!! 8)

zipper06 10-18-2007 07:20 PM

Re: Going to KCIR

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
Heading out for Kansas City International Raceway this Friday 10/19.
Running in S/ST Division 5 open. Were also gunna run some pro bracket at night. I think this is the last event this year so I'm ready. I think Jerry Haus is having his first annual shootout that week end too. Then we go back to KCIR Nov 3. Tostoracing rents the track for the day for everybody to make time runs. It's called Midwest Shootout. If anybody is in the area come up to our trailer and say HI :wink:
Also Nov. 3 you can come and watch at KCIR. Spectators get in FREE.

Hey Vince?

How far are you from Memphis? they got a $25,000.00 race this weekend $5,000.00 friday, sat. $10,000.00 and $10,000.00 sunday. Why not put your efforts to money instead of points.

Just a ?

Zip.

bowtie4542001 10-18-2007 10:33 PM

Have fun out there Vince and bring back some pics and videos.

Chris

qtrmile2 10-19-2007 07:47 AM

Just about ready to pull out.
Hey Zip were about 7 hrs from Memphis. We went to Super Chevy there.
Nice track. You know I raced super pro pretty much all my racing days. But I always ran a stick and no delay box. Delay box is one thing but then they started having buy backs not once but three times. Then they have you can buy different color chips on a mega buck race. You know what, I got tired of all the whinners and complainers. Plus it's tough without a box. I did pretty good but it's hard to beat cross over boxes. Then everybody went to Dragsters. About then me and the boys just go from track to track and have fun.

I thought I'd try the 10.90 class for awhile. I kinda like it for now. But I love running heads up. I know it's still bracket racing. Anyway I like the no electronics classes now so that's what we try to do now. They let S/ST have delay boxes. You can win a little money in NHRA races but I refuse to put those stickers on my car. I only run the decals I have to.
Time to go bang some gears. :)
Thanks guys and I'll let you know how we do.

bjuice 10-19-2007 08:01 AM

Good luck and GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU on a safe pass and return.

Brian

spib 10-19-2007 08:02 AM

go have fun vince and good luck!!!!!

zipper06 10-19-2007 08:07 AM

yep Vince,
i know what you mean about the buy backs, i don't like that myself. My Malibu is a registered NHRA S/ST car, and i do have a delay box but rarely use it. i do use the trans brake though. When i lived out west i went to all the regionals and the local nationals, but haven't done that over here.

Zip.