Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   So far this year (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33414)

TheRabbit 04-26-2013 03:16 PM

So far this year

HAS SUCKED!
Seriously, this year started off by wrecking my truck (I posted some pics of it when it happened), terrible sinus infection that took 3 months to get rid of, have been trying for almost 3 months to get a tag for the new truck I bout and back to the sinus infection thing. I go in Monday to have sinus surgery ( both sides) and my tonsils taken out. Yee haw, can't wait :cry: . 45 years old and tonsils being taken out ain't no fun I'm sure.
There is a hole in my right tonsil and the doc says only thing to do is take them out.

I have multiple problems in my right sinus and the Doc has been trying to convince me for 10+ years to have it done and I wouldn't. An x ray and CT scan a few weeks ago showed a cyst in there and it has to be taken out soon.
To top it off I am starting to get a sinus infection so I don't know if that will have any effect on the surgery Monday.

I could have bought a LOT of racing parts for what I've paid in medical bills this year. Anyway, enough of my whining, hope you guys are having a better year than me!

PS. please don't tell me how bad the surgery is gonna be. I don't want to know any more about it than I already do! :wink:

Scooterz 04-26-2013 03:59 PM

Man Wabb!!! rough times. It has to be done; you have to do this. I had to have nose surgery & it all worked out (broke it). No horror stories, just uncomfortable for a week. You are tough & this will pass. Main thing: TAKE CARE of it now & invest in feeling better later. You are still young. I will pray you go through this gracefully. I worry about my nose in my boxing class all the time; but so far no damage (fingers crossed).

Eat ice cream & watch movies for awhile... do what they tell you & don't buck it. You are going to feel wayyy better when this is over. Keep us posted on the progress. Scooter

Harbone 04-26-2013 05:04 PM

All I can remember from getting my tonsils out was lots of ice cream but that was 42 years ago! Stay strong brother and we are here for you :D

BEAST477 04-26-2013 06:33 PM

It'll be worth it Rabbit. Had my tonsils taken out when I was 4 yrs old. Was sick all the time, now hardly ever. Had 2 nose surguries for deveated septum. Went well just not sure it helped my breathing issues though.

TheYellaBrick 04-27-2013 08:00 AM

Had my 'T's' removed between Germany and Vietnam. I take more 'sleepy time' than most, so woke up just as they were 'removing' them. Felt like they had 'em in a pair of Vise Grips and just RIPPING them out ! :shock: :shock:

Swiley383 04-27-2013 03:47 PM

Medical bills SUCK! Health problems put a hold on my racing last year got them all under control now. The bills are still coming in my health insurance has a big deductable. This is holding up my racing know since I need to pull my motor down. The end result is worth it I feel better than I have in years.

bjuice 04-27-2013 03:50 PM

Started not to post cause I can't lie but wanted ya to know we rootin for ya . I had it done at 21 and it hurt like Hell. Sorry rabbit. You will pull thru better pain meds out there today. Lol.

TheRabbit 04-27-2013 06:39 PM

Thanks guys. It's just one of those things you have to deal with.

BJ, they don't do all that packing anymore. I know it's gonna be a little irritating :wink:, but at least I don't have to deal with the packing like they use to stick in there. Doc said on a scale of 1 to 10 my surgery is a 3. Not that I believe him though.

DD thanks for that thought of the vice grips yanking out my tonsils. lol
When I looked up the address they gave me for the surgery center it's a suite and a Holiday Inn Express. They told me they except CASH only paid in advance!
I shouldn't be worried should I?

I'll let y'all know how it goes once I wake up from all the good meds I have! lol

Swiley383 04-27-2013 07:29 PM

I would not worry the doc will clean his hands with moonshine before the surgery. Just ask for a couple shoots for yourself.

MEMRACING62 04-28-2013 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Thanks guys. It's just one of those things you have to deal with.

BJ, they don't do all that packing anymore. I know it's gonna be a little irritating :wink:, but at least I don't have to deal with the packing like they use to stick in there. Doc said on a scale of 1 to 10 my surgery is a 3. Not that I believe him though.

DD thanks for that thought of the vice grips yanking out my tonsils. lol
When I looked up the address they gave me for the surgery center it's a suite and a Holiday Inn Express. They told me they except CASH only paid in advance!
I shouldn't be worried should I?

I'll let y'all know how it goes once I wake up from all the good meds I have! lol

Not a thing to worry about...but....I bet WALMART would do it even cheaper!!........All kidding aside...get well soon , Hope the rest of the year goes better. :wink: