Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   the best pinks show ever (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18530)

bjuice 11-01-2007 12:32 PM

let me tell you some real life #s' here...NO SLIDE OR CONVERSION CHARTS....charts are good but only give's you an idea.....

i had a 71 camaro that ran 10.01/10.06 at 134mpg in the 1/4.....it would run on the money 6.28/6.30's in the 1/8 at 112mph...
this is pure fact..no slide charts or conversion tables.....

probly could dig up some old ET Slips and scan them and prove it if someone doesn't believe what i am saying.....
i still have some old NMCA time slips where we ran the 1/8 but if you wanted to go on thru the 1/4 they would give you the time slip that contained both E/T'S MPH 60FT 330 ETC for the 1/8 and 1/4

So a 10.0 car will run 6.20 range in 1/8 no dout...i would venture out to say a strong 10.50/10.60 car will still land in the high 6 second 1/8 mile range...

no opinion here..but fact.

Brian

SpacionS 11-01-2007 01:57 PM

Trevin Lindsay vs. Jamie Miller episode. Trevin being the underdog was noted with sayings like "you got a million dollar car and I have a piece of junk" "let em hang" and "I'm fix'n to drive around him like he's tied to a stump". I laughed my ass off every time I catch the rerun. :lol:

aaaaaaaaaaaaa 11-01-2007 02:10 PM

dude was playin him the whole time

Tod74 11-01-2007 03:13 PM

alwaysconsistent = trolling

just my opinion.

Tod74 11-01-2007 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by qtrmile2

Originally Posted by alwaysconsistent
10s and slower is slow.... them cars dont even run in the 6's in the 8th...

Who's cars are you talking about not running in the 6's????????????????????
I hope your not talking about our cars. Cause if you are you don't know nothing about me or my cars.

What kind of racing do your boys do? Don't say drag racing..lol..I mean what class they run in and all that.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa 11-01-2007 03:46 PM

super pro bracket, quick 16, and every1 has proved my point that they only have raced fast cars a couple times and the rest have been street cars.....and then on ALL OUT they say they want every1 close timed so they will have good races but then they say "were gonna run a couple of slower cars to put some underdogs in there".....this just shows that they dont know what the heck theyre doin most of the time....i used to watch the show religiously and now i hardly watch it all bcuz they never run fast cars.....

qtrmile2 11-01-2007 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tod74

Originally Posted by qtrmile2

10s and slower is slow.... them cars dont even run in the 6's in the 8th...

Who's cars are you talking about not running in the 6's????????????????????
I hope your not talking about our cars. Cause if you are you don't know nothing about me or my cars.

What kind of racing do your boys do? Don't say drag racing..lol..I mean what class they run in and all that.

Tod74
We race in super pro, pro, NHRA S/ST, stock eliminator and a stick shift class at our local track. We also bracket race in Super Chevy events.
We've been known to bring the cars out on the street a time or two.
We also go to cruises at our local burger stands. Gunna try to hit alot of the NHRA events in 2008.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa 11-01-2007 05:49 PM

and if a car runs a 10 in the 1/4 and in the 6's in the 8th then thats an 8th mile car so it shouldnt be on pinks neway

Tod74 11-02-2007 01:41 AM

and if a car runs a 10 in the 1/4 and in the 6's in the 8th then thats an 8th mile car so it shouldnt be on pinks neway

You are absolutely correct. I aint watching it ever again until they get some real cars!! ..Why not have Jeg Coughlin and Warren Johnson race their cars on there? Those are real cars!! :roll:

chevguy65 11-02-2007 04:00 AM

You are absolutely correct. I aint watching it ever again until they get some real cars!! ..Why not have Jeg Coughlin and Warren Johnson race their cars on there? Those are real cars!! :roll:

LOL...maybe John Force and Kenny Bernstein...LOL

Lose the race, lose your ride

spib 11-02-2007 04:18 AM

Man , I must have a nothing race car, I run so far in the low 13's, so when I go into the 12's that wont be good, and when I get enough money and motor to go into the 11's I still will be slow and nothing, and if my dream happens and I run in the 10's that woundnt be a real race car. Is this guy a rich spoiled lil bitch or what? thank god most drag racers dont act and think like this guy, there is always one!!!!!!!

Tod74 11-02-2007 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by chevguy65

LOL...maybe John Force and Kenny Bernstein...LOL

Lose the race, lose your ride

John Force " Yeah Rich..we'll go heads up but you gota give us 20 minutes to rebuild the motor.." :lol:

Tod74 11-02-2007 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by spib
Man , I must have a nothing race car, I run so far in the low 13's, so when I go into the 12's that wont be good, and when I get enough money and motor to go into the 11's I still will be slow and nothing, and if my dream happens and I run in the 10's that woundnt be a real race car. Is this guy a rich spoiled lil bitch or what? thank god most drag racers dont act and think like this guy, there is always one!!!!!!!

Dude..I have looked at your pics you have posted of your truck in progress and I wouldn't call that a nothing race car. It is a cool ride . And it don't take a rocket scientist to go 5.20's in a 1300-1500 lb dragster. Much more difficult to get a 3000 lb plus production body type car into the 9's or 10's especially if it aint back halved and has 10.5 " tires.

qtrmile2 11-02-2007 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by spib

Mark you have a cool S10. Plus guess where I started back in the 70's.
I ran 13's in a 67 Gold Camaro with 30,000 miles on it. Some of us are not rich and spend mega bucks to go fast. That takes all the fun and accomplishment out of it. Also the pride you have in what you race. You did it yourself. I could buy a light weight car or rail and go faster but we like doing it with 3400lb stick cars and NO NOS on ALL MOTOR. When we do bracket race we don't use any delay boxes. It makes you feel better when you go rounds against the delay boxes and cross over boxes that take all the fun out of it. We don't win as much money as they do but it's more fun. Just my opnion and what we like to do.

Anymore it doesn't matter how fast you go in bracket racing. So do what you want with your cars as long as your having fun because I don't know to many people getting rich doing what we do.

spib 11-02-2007 05:00 AM

exactly vince, that was my point, this guy comes on here saying stupid things abought pinks, yes the show has had some crapy times but also some good shows and what the post was abought, your boys that was a awsome show, The best!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaa 11-02-2007 08:43 PM

that show with the firebird and camaro was 1 of the few that was actually interesting.....the good ones are few and far between....

spib 11-03-2007 04:51 AM

just sent the guy a pm, sorry for my actions, two wrongs dont make a right , I would like to say sorry for saying what I said, I was mad at some of the things you were saying, and lashed out at you, two wrongs dont make a right, I'm sorry, this is a fun place to be, and I love drag racing and hot rods, fighting is not fun anyway thats that!!!!! mark

aaaaaaaaaaaaa 11-03-2007 10:13 AM

its cool, it gotta outta hand....i was just voicing my opinion bout pinks and then it was like royal rumble...lol.......like i said i used to watch pinks religiously but havin the same style cars everyweek makes me change the channel, they need different types of cars to get new people interested......i used to like pinks alot is the reason i get so worked up when the topic comes up.....

azdracer 11-05-2007 11:33 PM

Pinks all out in Tucson at SIR

Pinks is coming to Southwestern International Raceway on Nov. 16th and 17th. Can't wait to catch this race in person. They are limiting the entries to 12.9 and faster and no open wheel cars,so here is a chance for every door car racer who b****** about racing dragsters to run against each other. On Nov 18th they are going to run a big buck bracket race so I will go run that race and see if i can pick up at least one race this year. All you folks headed for Vegas over Thanksgiving should come run this deal it will give you a few bucks for the tables. I will be working tech on Friday and Sat. so come by and say Hi!

John

pbg1941 11-08-2007 06:24 PM

I will be there in my white 71 RS Camaro with Motion gold stripe running mid 10's! Hope this will get me in the show! This is my 50th anniversary of winning my first drag race at an old air strip in SE Arizona in 1957! And we used a flagman back then! Hope I still know how to react to the wave of an arm! It will be interesting to say the least! Look for Priceless One Again Camaro to be there fighting for a position! :lol: :D :!: 8)