Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   the best pinks show ever (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18530)

spib 10-04-2007 06:04 AM

the best pinks show ever

saw vince boys on pinks last night, that is in my mind, the best show they have ever done, and vince, you were shown a lot, I paid attension. I would like to see them do it again and winner, races dad all for cash, that would be a cool show!!!!!! yes it was a rerun but I liked it!!!

qtrmile2 10-04-2007 09:42 AM

Thanks Mark
Me and the boys sure do appreciaste that. With the help of people here on RJ and many other friends our episode was voted #1 for the last 3 years.
I know people may be getting tired of hearing about it but for us it was a pleasure and priveledge to do and I'm very proud of the way the boys handled themselves on TV. Were just ordinary people that got lucky to be on a TV show. We just love to shift gears and race.
Thanks again :D

bjuice 10-04-2007 01:15 PM

Question is ?...Does the ole man still have enough in him to get by his younger son's..particualry the one in the 4th generation camaro...lol.

Just kidding Vince

Brian

cepx111 10-04-2007 10:32 PM

Cool, didnt realize we had celebs here in the forum, that was my favorite episode too. Just now realized it was ya'll.
So did he really surrender his car to his brother?
I'm thinking it's all in the family anyway....lol
Cp

qtrmile2 10-05-2007 05:23 AM

Brian I think I might have a couple of passes left in me but I'll have to borrow your Corvette to get around the boys. :lol:

CP,
Todd's car did not meet the reserve so he was able to keep the car.
So it was a win win for us.

daddylynch 10-06-2007 11:15 AM

I think you need radios from P2WAY so ole Dad can talk a little smack to the boys after he gets done woopin' them on the track !! :wink: lol

Blue68Camaro 10-06-2007 02:39 PM

How can anybody say that was the best episode ever?

This one is definitly the best :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mQmvECRyqUY

gearhead37683 10-06-2007 04:10 PM

i think that was a good race,but i dont think it was fair that nobody lost anything,where as the other pinks episodes someone always loses their car. because you had to know that the cars wouldnt meet their high reserve on ebay, just my .02 but you got to love those gear jammers

lotsof454sss 10-06-2007 05:35 PM

Vince I never get tired of it and by the way I think YA"LL were invited back by popular demand is that correct??....Just must have been 02 cents of all the other folks that watched the show..Keep it going fellows...I know how it is as I already got one jealous of my truck being bought by one of the popular tv shows...but thats ok, as I will keep everyone informed as to when it will be on...

burgessdg 10-06-2007 11:36 PM

Pinks

I also thought that was the best Pinks. I was disappointed however, that the brother that won didn't give the other brother his car back. That would have made it a classic!!!

Just my opinion, Dan

Blue68Camaro 10-07-2007 09:41 AM

Re: Pinks

Originally Posted by burgessdg
I also thought that was the best Pinks. I was disappointed however, that the brother that won didn't give the other brother his car back. That would have made it a classic!!!

Just my opinion, Dan

What are you talking about? That show was NEVER about a brother taking the others car. It was about an auction that inevitibly led to the brother keping his car anyway. The winning brother didnt have anything to do with it as far as my understanding is.

I do think that they should come back now with Vince racing Tim. But not with any lame Ebay auction. Maybe with a donation to the others faveorite charity or something. They should have to lose something i think.

mytmouz 10-07-2007 04:42 PM

I think it was the best one, simply because there was no b#tching and moaning, just 5 good passes. And if the car had met reserve, it would have been gone...

spib 10-07-2007 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by tporter
I think it was the best one, simply because there was no b#tching and moaning, just 5 good passes. And if the car had met reserve, it would have been gone...

yes sir, I will 2nd that!!!!!

qtrmile2 10-08-2007 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by spib

Thanks guys,
As I said before on this forum we negotiated the ebay thing before the the show was taped. That was our deal or we would NOT have been on the show. You had to be there and experience the emotion of your two sons racing each other. We wanted to give the viewers 5 all out passes. I think our show changed the way they did PINKS in the future. Rich Christenson always says. I award the car to the winner. What they do with it is up to them. Our show was a ONE TIME deal and will never be repeated. I think me running Tim is a great idea but Idon't think it will happen. Better yet I could run my brother but I will promise you this were not giving up our cars for any show. ALOT of people didn't give up there cars and if they did they didn't have much money in them. It is what it is. An Entertainment show and I think it' cool to see a drag racing show on TV for the little guys.

As far as Charities I give to them all the time. For that episode.
I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING.

bjuice 10-08-2007 04:24 AM

i agree Vince !

Blue68Camaro 10-08-2007 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by qtrmile2

As far as Charities I give to them all the time. For that episode.
I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING.

Your right, on that show i wouldnt change anything, but if it was you and Tim, the charity thing might be a nice way around all the ebay crap or giving cars up ect.

chevguy65 10-08-2007 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by spib

X3

Besides that, a better class of people you would not find, or be hard pressed anyway.

Best episode and best folks to participate!!!!
Now to get them and all of us to a pinks all out....maybe sponsered by RJ???? :P :P :P

qtrmile2 10-09-2007 04:09 AM

Now your talking Carl. Let's all get together and run at an all out. :D
That would be awesome. Let's pick a state and meet. That will make everbody get there cars ready faster. So what's everybody think :idea:
If we have enough interest I'll call Rich to find out the schedule for 2008.
I don't know if it would ever happen but that would be cool to meet everybody and all get together somewhere.
ROAD TRIP 8)

Racefab57 10-09-2007 07:09 PM

qtrmile2, I WOULD DO IT INA HEARTBEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET US KNOW!! David.

Blue68Camaro 10-09-2007 08:06 PM

I know they can come to the raceways here in Seattle :) :) Although my little car wouldnt stand a chance.

woodsman 10-09-2007 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
Now your talking Carl. Let's all get together and run at an all out. :D
That would be awesome. Let's pick a state and meet. That will make everbody get there cars ready faster. So what's everybody think :idea:
If we have enough interest I'll call Rich to find out the schedule for 2008.
I don't know if it would ever happen but that would be cool to meet everybody and all get together somewhere.
ROAD TRIP 8)

I am all for this let us know when and where and I will do my dead level best to make it. And no car is to little.

qtrmile2 10-10-2007 04:32 AM

Like I said I'll call Rich and see if I can get a 2008 schedule. I'm assuming they are still going to do all out shows for 2008. I know he said a couple of months ago they were working on new shows.
When I find out we can post a poll to see who would like to go and also to pick a state everyone would like to go to.
Some tracks can't have an all out because of the betting of money which some states consider gambling. Bad thing is that nobody is guaranteed a spot in the show. I still think it would be cool to get everybody together.
I'll check it out and let you know.

thetanman101 10-21-2007 06:34 AM

I hear they'll be running an all out at a track local to me at the end of March of next year. It'll be at Red River Raceway in Shreveport La. See their website at Redriverraceway.net if interested. I believe the details are still being ironed out.

-Tanner

aaaaaaaaaaaaa 10-28-2007 04:08 PM

they need faster cars on that show.....my grandma has a faster car than the ones they let race....lol

chevguy65 10-28-2007 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by alwaysconsistent
they need faster cars on that show.....my grandma has a faster car than the ones they let race....lol

And how fast is your car?

Guess not everyone can drive a sub 9 second car :shock:

Also, please refrain from making cheap shot assessments of others cars or how fast your grandma drives.
Thanks

ash 10-28-2007 05:09 PM

I'll second that, Carl. Running 11's in my car is enough for me. Other-wise, I'll just wet myself :lol: As a matter of fact, I'll line up in staging with you, Carl. :D

chevguy65 10-28-2007 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by ash
I'll second that, Carl. Running 11's in my car is enough for me. Other-wise, I'll just wet myself :lol: As a matter of fact, I'll line up in staging with you, Carl. :D

Sweet bro, I would get all nervous beside you.
Your Camaro frightens me 8)

ash 10-28-2007 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by chevguy65

Originally Posted by ash

Sweet bro, I would get all nervous beside you.
Your Camaro frightens me 8)

Yeah,....me too. :oops: On second thought, I'll just bring my white,convertable,soupped-up Geo. :wink:

aaaaaaaaaaaaa 10-29-2007 09:28 PM

my dragster runs 5.20 in the 8th mile and would run 7.90 or so in the 1/4 and to put cars runnin 10's on the show every week is ridiculous. I would like to see real race cars on there once and a while. I wanna see some wheelie starts and some action.

Tod74 10-30-2007 08:12 AM

I like the kings of new york episode..mustang with SBC vs BBC Camaro

bjuice 10-30-2007 11:49 AM

there is a whole lot more jollies in a 9.0 street trim door slammer than a 8.0 rail.....least from my experience it is...

i say keep pinks at the street trim level..small tire 3k lbs and start doing it like the old days...body weight per cubic inches....if they do not index these boys like they do it could get crazy as CRAZY CAN GET...and turn into the fastest car shootout...and what you got there is a backhalf car with a pro-mod motor 10.5 outlaw car...its not realistic to why pinks was born. ( let me tell you nothing wrong with a 10.5 shoot out either) BUT YOU just can't compare a camel to a donkey..it will never mix..lol

pinks came from long time ago street races that took places on backroads late at night or early mornings...with some crazy a$$ person willing to stand in the middle of two cars racing by flagging them off.....mostly cash at stake but there were some guys back then that ran title for title ( pinks)

if you want a fastest car shoot out..you sure as hell aint gonna get no-one standing 20 ft in front of them hand flagging......

let me tell you there ain't nothing slack about Tim and Todd Tosto street trim rides running lower to mid 9 second 1/4 miles passes..small tires 3k lbs and shifting gears...as a mater of fact you could just see one of those cars sitting beside you at a red light......DO YOU FEEL LUCKY !!!...

Morale here is don't think a true street trim,3klb ,gear jamming, small tire car is easy to get down the track at 9.0 seconds.....don't beleive me then try it.....i have done it with an automatic..would have to eat some wheaties to do it with true stick...

my 2 cents.

Brian

chevguy65 10-30-2007 02:50 PM

Brian,

I agree.
Pinks is set up for street type cars as in old school street racing.

I for one do not remember any rails or funny cars out cruising on a Friday or Saturday night and then going to an abandoned road to race.

I say if you want to see those cars tune into NHRA Today and get your fill, I happen to watch both.

I have seen a 1700hp vette and a 1500 hp nova on the show, but neither could run all out because of a poorly prepped track.
Both cars were street legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And your right about the cars the Tosto family have. All are fast as hell, are driveable on the street and would out run most rails in a bracket race.

Oh and a 5.20 1/8th is about an 8.10-8.15 in the 1/4 not 7's.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa 10-30-2007 05:30 PM

i didnt say they need dragsters on the show....bcuz they dont....i said faster cars that run like a real street car would that aint stock with an air cleaner...pinks was created to show fast cars and ive seen plenty of 8 second street cars and if you look at where he stands then you will see he's been standin in front of the tree so they can line up right so he would be out of danger......im not saying slow cars shouldn race, im just sayin not every week, the same slow cars everytime is boorrrring

chevguy65 10-30-2007 05:42 PM

alwaysconsistent,

I deleted your last post.
There is no room here for that kind of attitude.

You can have your opinion but keep it to pm's if all your going to do is slam folks and be negative!

aaaaaaaaaaaaa 10-31-2007 09:32 PM

another thing that ruins that show is when RICH says if yall dont agree to a race then ill award the win to the other person or that he will take both cars....that just takes the fun out of the show and makes me turn the channel.....im surprised somebody hasnt slapped the taste out his mouth when he says somethin dumb like that

rabiddawg 10-31-2007 10:49 PM

I havent seen a new show in months?
just repeats too.
though they just did a pinks show up here at lebanon valley dragway 2 weeks ago.

Tod74 11-01-2007 05:05 AM

. I wanna see some wheelie starts and some action.

YOU DON'T SEE BETTER WHEELSTANDS than the show Tosto brothers put on. :? There have been quite a few small tire cars that caried the front tires ..the Mustang with the 406 that ran the big block camaro and then there was another show with 2 fox bodied mustangs...granted there have been some 12 second cars but to say all the cars are slow is just silly in my opinion.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa 11-01-2007 10:24 AM

mid 10s and slower is slow.... them cars dont even run in the 6's in the 8th...

fastbowtie 11-01-2007 11:16 AM

Ive driven all types of rides from dragsters that ran in the 7s to my tow vehicle that ran in the teens Altereds & gassers included .
There has been dragsters on Pinks all out but not the Original Pinks Reason being Its A show for street cars or as close to it .
A FED is a fun & sometime Scary ride and so are some of the short or Altered Wheel base cars Ive ran .But my favorite is A door car even if it was running 7s in the 1/8 to drive it to the track and line up agianst a RED cut A 006 light collect the win light & turn the AIr Conditioning back on on the return road Is A blast . Im not knocking REDs in no way shape or form To me they are just Point & squirt and sometimes even boring .In A door car or other rides weather it is a 12sec ride to A 8sec ride in the 1/4 takes some finesse & the Sphincter factor is Way up there .
So it doesnt really matter How fast you go as long as you enjoy it .
The Totso,s episode was really awesome & I would have loved to have been behind the wheel of either of the brothers rides .
GREAT JOB GUYS

So Please stop trying to hyjack this thread Start A new one Im sure everyone will post on it .
JM2cents

qtrmile2 11-01-2007 11:55 AM

10s and slower is slow.... them cars dont even run in the 6's in the 8th...

Who's cars are you talking about not running in the 6's????????????????????
I hope your not talking about our cars. Cause if you are you don't know nothing about me or my cars.