Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carburetion, Induction, Nitrous (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pro systems alcohol carburetors (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18904)

Superpro399z 11-14-2007 07:34 PM

Pro systems alcohol carburetors

Has anyone out there used a Pro systems alky carburetor? If so what is your opinion on these carbs? Thanks Mike

jmarksdragster 11-15-2007 06:58 AM

I have no info on them, but be carefull of who you buy carbs from. Buy from a name company, BLP, Quick Fuel, Barry Grant.... You will not save anything buying cheap in this area.

Racefab57 11-15-2007 01:04 PM

as i understand prosystems builds very nice carbs, he's doing 1 for me and has done them for others on this forum!!!!David.

coreyh 11-15-2007 08:33 PM

I have a gas ProSystems and it was a bolt on and race deal. One of the best carb guys out their. We ordered one in for one of our customers that runs Wissota Late Model. That was an alcohol carb and same deal bolt on adjust float level and race. He sends along a wet flow sheet and complete specs on it along with a lean and rich specs for your adjustment knowledge. Talk to Patrick he will set you up, you won't be disappointed. Plus he is alot cheaper than some of the others out their. Note that for the last 2 years both winning engines at the Engine Builders Challenge had ProSystems carbs.

hammertime 11-16-2007 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by jmarksdragster
I have no info on them, but be carefull of who you buy carbs from. Buy from a name company, BLP, Quick Fuel, Barry Grant.... You will not save anything buying cheap in this area.

Pro system shouldnt even be put in the same class and quick fuel and barry grant IMO them 2 carb shops are junk

Pro system builds a good GAS carb

www.apdracing.com for alky or gas

davis419b 11-16-2007 06:07 AM

X2......Barely Grant in my opinion is the worst carb on the market!!!

curtisreed 11-16-2007 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by davis419b
X2......Barely Grant in my opinion is the worst carb on the market!!!

Why do you say that?

Curtis

sg1586 11-20-2007 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by hammertime

Pro system shouldnt even be put in the same class and quick fuel and barry grant IMO them 2 carb shops are junk

I have had both of those carbs and still have one of them and they were the best carbs I have ever had for gas.........Maybe there was a problem with one of them that you could not get right :shock:

I have had good luck with Quick fuel gas carbs and always were good enough to spend time with me on the phone to try to help with a problem..

hammertime 11-20-2007 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by sg1586

Originally Posted by hammertime

I have had both of those carbs and still have one of them and they were the best carbs I have ever had for gas.........Maybe there was a problem with one of them that you could not get right :shock:

I have had good luck with Quick fuel gas carbs and always were good enough to spend time with me on the phone to try to help with a problem..

I didnt have terrible luck with barry grant or quick fuel but putting a pro systems or apd carb on is worth a lot of et/hp in most cases.

rabiddawg 11-22-2007 04:49 PM

look into AED carbs I see alot of them on alcohol cars in the pits.
thats the reason why I bought an AED carb for my car.
No one had anything bad to say about them.
http://www.aedperformance.com/index.htm