Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tire ?????? (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29299)

Big409 11-28-2010 10:23 AM

Tire ??????

I put tubes in my 32x14.5x15 slicks. I see after putting air in both tires in the same spot right across from the valve stem on the back of tire there is a little dip in it. Also on the top part about 1 to 2 in in the 14.5 part. Is thes normal? Oh yea if I roll it I can also see it go in a little it is not a bolage. The guy did balance them.

zipper06 11-28-2010 03:38 PM

As mentioned on Toyo's website those tires are not designed to run tubes, in fact they have small ribs all around the inside side walls. another thing is that most people that i know when they run tubes they put a generous helping of baby powder inside the tire so the tubes when inflated can slip inside the tire, this also helps keep them from pulling off the valve stem when they wrinkle on the starting line.

JMO

Zip.

Big409 11-29-2010 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by zipper06
As mentioned on Toyo's website those tires are not designed to run tubes, in fact they have small ribs all around the inside side walls. another thing is that most people that i know when they run tubes they put a generous helping of baby powder inside the tire so the tubes when inflated can slip inside the tire, this also helps keep them from pulling off the valve stem when they wrinkle on the starting line.

JMO

Zip.

I took them out you were right . Do I need to balance them? Thanks for your help with out Dad It's hard not knowing what to do.

zipper06 11-29-2010 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Big409

JMO

Zip.

I took them out you were right . Do I need to balance them? Thanks for your help with out Dad It's hard not knowing what to do.

Absolutely balance them, if you can get them spin balanced do it, otherwise they can be bubble balanced.

Zip.

Big409 11-29-2010 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Big409

JMO

Zip.

Absolutely balance them, if you can get them spin balanced do it, otherwise they can be bubble balanced.

Zip.

Ok Thank you P.S. New tubes for sale just paid $150 for them. Dam !!!