Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   LOST HOME DUE TO FIRE (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23433)

Superpro399z 03-12-2009 12:56 PM

LOST HOME DUE TO FIRE

WE LOST OUR HOME MARCH IST DUE TO ELECTRICAL FIRE IN PANEL BOX, GOT OUT WITH THE CLOTHES ON OUR BACK, MY DOG AND CAT AND LUCKILY I HAD TIME TO GET MY RACE CAR OUT THAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON ALL WINTER. I HAD JUST STARTED HER UP A COUPLE OF DAYS PRIOR AND SHE WAS OUT OF GAS SO PUT 5 GALLONS IN SO WHEN THE FIRE WAS GOING SHE STARTED UP ON THE FIRST HIT, I THINK THAT WAS AN OMEN, LOST A BUNCH OF TOOLS, BRAND NEW COAN TRANNY THAT I FOUND BUT THE FRONT BELL HOUSING IS BROKE THE CONVERTER,A COMPLETE TOILET SYSTEM THE CAR IS A FIBERGLASS THIRD GEN CAMARO TUBE CHASSIS CAR I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON FOR TWO YEARS. I LOST 4 WHEELER MY GENERATOR AND EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE WAS BURNED OR HAD WATER DAMAGE. THE MAIN THING IS WE ARE OK JUST TRAUMAITIZED! I'M STILL HOPING TO GET OUT THIS YEAR BUT WILL SEE! THANKS MIKE RIEFLE :D

TopspeedLowet 03-12-2009 01:07 PM

Real car guy

I am sorry about your family's gigantic misfortune. I am glad you have your pets, great attitude and hopefully good insurance. Sounds like you were lucky to get anything from the house at all. Holly smokes, you saved the car! You are a true car guy Mister Riefle.

BEAST477 03-12-2009 01:30 PM

Glad everyone got out OK including the car. Hopefully you have good insurance that will take care of everything you can think of. Start writing anything down you can think of. Any pictures, reciepts, owners manuals if you can salvage from the aftermath. Compile a list and replacement cost of everything you can. Then be ready for what they say it's worth. I know this doesn't help but i just started a home inventory business just for things like this or robbery. I come to a clients home and document everything for them. Serial numbers model numbers take pictures and a DVD that they can put in a safety deposit box just for situations just like this. Sorry to hear and good luck. Sorry so long.

signsbyesa 03-12-2009 01:35 PM

hey mike very sorry about the house and all but thk god for no
lifes being lost including the pets, godspeed to you my brother,
i hope yur insurance kicks in, there was a man in the news and
his apartment burned, all lost, he had no rental insurance, only
the clothes on his back and his wife and 2 kids, but he man was
smiling cheek to cheek and when interviewed he said, "im just
gratfule we all survived and all can get replaced", granted he
did not have all the racing goodies you did, but man it is great
when the real important things in life are appreciated, godspeed :wink:

THERATTLER 03-12-2009 01:44 PM

Being a retired fireman , I know what you are going through..I used to see it on a regular basis and it is terrible to lose everything in just a few miniutes..I hope all the best for you and yours..you will come back stronger than before,,,just watch,,,,Paul & Judy

Scooterz 03-12-2009 01:57 PM

Hey I am real sorry that happend. Sure glad to hear you & your family are alive though. That is pretty cool you got the race car to fire up so quick... not all of us could have done the same when when a race car is always in repair or racked. must be a hard thing to go through, but stick together & keep the faith. God Bless, Scooter

Superpro399z 03-12-2009 04:30 PM

HYOUSE FIRE

THANKS EVERYBODY, YES I DO FEEL BAD ABOUT OUR LOSSES BUT I AM SO GRATEFULL WE ALL GOT OUT UNSCAVED AND I WILL NEVER TAKE THE VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENTS FOR GRANTED AGAIN THEY WHERE JUST GREAT AND EVERYBODY HAS BEEN SO HELPFULL. AS FOR MY INSURANCE COMPANY THEY HAVE ALSO BEEN GREAT THEY HAVE PUT US UP IN MOTEL AND ANYBODY WHO HAS HAD TO LOOK AT THE HOUSE FROM THEM HAS ALREADY BEEN OUT. GET THIS I HAVE HAD THE SAME CAR INSURANCE WITH THEM FOR TWENTY FIVE YEARS BUT HAD JUST SWITCHED ARE HOMEOWNERS 3 WEEKS AGO AND AFTER THEY DETERMINED THERE WAS NO HANKY PANKY WITH THE CAUSE OF THE FIRE THEY HAVE STEPPED UP. I AM A TRUE BELIEVER IN FATE AND THIS JUST CONFIRMS IT. THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY MIKE

curtisreed 03-12-2009 05:56 PM

I am truly thankful to God that you and yours came out of this ok. Other than the loss of property. I once had a newly built house we were 2 weeks from moving in burn to the ground because of an electrical fire. Again glad you all are ok.

Curtis

wrightway 03-12-2009 08:13 PM

I went through a garage fire in 2005 almost got the house to
Luckily car was in the trailer and at the in-laws for the winter
Good to hear no one was hurt

dparker 03-12-2009 08:20 PM

There is nothing I can say that will change what happened, but I will pray that God blesses you and your family from here on out.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!! Your in our prayers.......