Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Possibly a bit overpriced? (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29066)

hollowayshotrods 10-19-2010 06:50 PM

Possibly a bit overpriced?

WOW :!: :shock: :shock:

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/2014564901.html

MEMRACING62 10-19-2010 07:05 PM

Hmmm....dont know...I paid $400 for the grill emblem for my 71 GMC Sprint.....best deal I could get some went for $700....if ya need it ya pay :cry:

bjuice 10-21-2010 07:51 PM

the steering wheel came off rare piece..thats for sure...but can't say what the parts for these go for.

dragonmaster093 10-21-2010 07:57 PM

you could probibly get one from aftermarket for like 2200-2400 less just not a original but to mee its way over priced

bjuice 10-21-2010 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
you could probibly get one from aftermarket for like 2200-2400 less just not a original but to mee its way over priced

if you don't have an all orginal 1966 shelby GT with a missing steering wheel I would say its over priced.....lol

point i am making is give us Facts why you come to the conclusion this original part (steering wheel) is over priced....also before you start making your point aftermarket parts do not come into play when your restoring with orginal parts

dragonmaster093 10-21-2010 08:26 PM

i was just giving my opinion is all plus
http://www.carrollshelbyenginecompan...cat=271&page=1
seeen shelby wheels on line from 275 repo to 3500 but this one is from carroll shelbys site

Scotty2 10-22-2010 03:35 AM

it's the old story....want to play got to pay :P

hollowayshotrods 10-22-2010 04:07 AM

I am sorry I didn't do any research before I started this thread!
The FACT is, I was just trying to make some conversation among friends, it seems to have upset some folks..........sorry about that. I have no idea if it is overpriced, and really don't give a crap if it is or isn't.
JUST TRYING TO MAKE CONVERSATION WITH FRIENDS IS ALL I WANTED TO DO!!
DRAGON, thanks for adding the Shelby site info, that should clear some things up.

BTW, did anyone notice I started the thread as a QUESTION, not a statement?

Originally Posted by bjuice

if you don't have an all orginal 1966 shelby GT with a missing steering wheel I would say its over priced.....lol

point i am making is give us Facts why you come to the conclusion this original part (steering wheel) is over priced....also before you start making your point aftermarket parts do not come into play when your restoring with orginal parts

bjuice 10-22-2010 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
I am sorry I didn't do any research before I started this thread!
The FACT is, I was just trying to make some conversation among friends, it seems to have upset some folks..........sorry about that. I have no idea if it is overpriced, and really don't give a crap if it is or isn't.
JUST TRYING TO MAKE CONVERSATION WITH FRIENDS IS ALL I WANTED TO DO!!
DRAGON, thanks for adding the Shelby site info, that should clear some things up.

BTW, did anyone notice I started the thread as a QUESTION, not a statement?

Originally Posted by bjuice

whoooooo Rudy...ain't nobody upset here.....can I not make a statement on a thread ?...i'm i not your friend ?

if you think i should not be able to post my opinion on a thread or ask someone some facts or for their opinions let me know why.

also why did you change your original post ? I didn't think we would have to stamp your post as we do many who change up in Mid- Flight...
so no-one can see if you were asking a statment or Question cause you Changed it....Why ?

but if thats how you want mine and your on-line releationship thats fine..I can treat you the same as i do other people that come in here that have tried to jingle my balls over the years...... so i have no problems with This..

just didn't expect it would come down to you Rudy....oh well so be it....ok ball in your court.

MEMRACING62 10-22-2010 04:26 AM

I work the swap meets with a friend that does a lot of selling, he is into 30's & 40's fords, it amaze's me sometimes what some parts will bring & what some dont. repops are the last resort if you are doing a true resto. when I was chasing down that stupid grill emblem I was like a kid on christmas morning waiting for the ups truck!! :lol: Its hard to find a part to a car that they made 4100 of. :wink: