Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   An American ship captain was freed unharmed (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23814)

bigray 04-12-2009 11:15 AM

An American ship captain was freed unharmed

MOMBASA, Kenya – An American ship captain was freed unharmed Sunday in a swift firefight that killed three of the four Somali pirates who had been holding him for days in a lifeboat off the coast of Africa, U.S. officials said.

Capt. Richard Phillips' crew, who said they escaped after he offered himself to the pirates as a hostage, erupted in cheers abroad their ship docked in Mombasa, Kenya, waving an American flag and firing a flare in celebration.

kod99 04-12-2009 03:37 PM

I really didn't think the hostage taking would last very long once the US Navy got involved. And it didn't. Kudos to the US Navy!

mopar1968 04-12-2009 05:41 PM

It lasted longer than it should have :evil: :evil: bUT I AM GLAD HE IS OK :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

zipper06 04-12-2009 11:17 PM

[quote="mopar1968"]It lasted longer than it should have :evil: :evil: bUT I AM GLAD HE IS OK :!:

X2,
the chicken sh*t Navy, should have been close enough to have shot all the pirates the first time he went overboard, or atleast they should have been in a position to take them out if he did try to excape.

Please don't don't get me wrong, i'm glad he's safe also, but we are thinking on a different wave band than these criminals/pirates and we need to get tougher, and take them out at the drop of a hat, that they will understand, hell go on shore and that out the whole compound that they live in. They need a wake up call.

JMO

Zip.

markthespark 04-13-2009 05:17 PM

I agree. The sharp shooters that took them out, should of done that days ago. Now that the Navy got involved, there Government is afraid of retaliation from the Pitrates. I agree with zipper06 and send some rockets towards shore where they are hidding and take them out. Who ever is left will think twice about taking another ship.

Scooterz 04-14-2009 09:50 AM

Yep, seems silly when we have the most advanced military & snipers in the world. We have naval ships, plenty of tools for the job, & then the opposition is a few bullies in a dingy??? Come on... I am glad he is ok too. If I were the hostage, I would be wondering why I had to float around in a dingy for almost a week before something was truley done though. Too many politics invloved I guess.

TheYellaBrick 04-14-2009 11:44 AM

Dead in the water, inexperienced teenaged 'pirates', Navy Seals who could scuba under that boat and drill a series of small holes to 'sink it'....even in shark infested water we have electronics that would keep the sharks at a distance until the operation was finished ....

TEDKORPI 04-28-2009 05:20 AM

Lawers

Today on the news the cook has filed a law suit against the ships owners saying they should have been better protected. How about those lawers that are holding this country hostage? :evil: