Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DAN ZAPICO in St Cloud, FL (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33549)

hozona 06-15-2013 10:38 AM

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DAN ZAPICO in St Cloud, FL

Told me car was rust free....LIE Bubbles under paint at right rear roof line and rockers.
Told me glass and rubber were good...LIE Crack in pass side door glass, delaminating from age on all glass, crack in windshield. The rubber is hard and rotten, and the flippers above the doors are JUNK!
The wiring was a rats nest under the dash and an extra thermostat switch was wired into the circuit because the one on the vintage air controller was bad.
The chrome on window frames and rear view mirror mount as well as the glove box door and speaker cover were all pitted. I GOT SCREWED!
His reply when I called him to tell him he was a liar and cheat, "Sell it then"
This person is SO DISHONEST he needs someone to do the same to him!

gmanxss 06-15-2013 11:14 AM

DID YOU BUY THIS CAR SIGHT UNSEEN? IF SO YOU ARE VERY TRUSTING.

jwhalen 06-17-2013 11:02 AM

Agree if you bought without looking at it in person, your fault too

hozona 06-18-2013 05:16 PM

I agree, dummy me...

hozona 02-23-2014 06:54 PM

Update... on what Dan Zapico cost me on an "even trade&

Well it's February 2014 and here's what I had to spend just to bring the car up to the level I was told it was last year.
Glass and weatherstrip $1200
Interior $3000
Rust repair of floor pans $600
Fabrication of missing window frame parts and seat mounts including drilling and tapping of broken seat bolt (Safety issue) New front seat hold down replacing the one that was plumbers strap (again a safety issue) New rear corner window piece that holds frame together was missing $100
New chrome replacing the pitted glove box, speaker cover and ashtray, and instrument bezel. Also window frames, and garnish moldings. $2200
Assorted paint and parts...$300
New wiring harness $250
New Vintage air ( both the controls and the compressor were bad) $1200
Ever driven a car in Arizona with no AC? It sucks!
So the total $8850 for a car that was represented by Dan Zapico as a rust free, good glass and rubber, ready to drive car. As I stated before Dan Zapico is a liar and cheat!!!

bigray 02-23-2014 08:09 PM

humm, just got back from flying to florida. from oklahoma to look at a car. And it was junk,,, plane ticket round trip 627.23 i will not buy sight unseen,,

Harbone 02-24-2014 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by bigray
humm, just got back from flying to florida. from oklahoma to look at a car. And it was junk,,, plane ticket round trip 627.23 i will not buy sight unseen,,

exactly!

I have spent lots of my hard earned cash to go see cars in person only to go back home empty handed. Good thing is the wife and I usually make the best of these road trips and turn them into some quality time spent together.

ajk 02-24-2014 01:51 PM

What if the car is good but you have bad eyes?... :shock: :shock:

Harbone 02-24-2014 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by ajk
What if the car is good but you have bad eyes?... :shock: :shock:

Make sure to bring the guide dog :!: :lol:

MrMuncie 11-14-2015 04:46 AM

Dan Got me years ago when I traded him my 1948 Anglia (Gold Rush) for a 1941 Willys Pickup (Thumper), the motor was junk, 2 different heads on it with the wrong size valves installed, what a joke. Then He traded the Anglia to a guy in California and never sent him the title, buyer beware!