Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   poor response from sellers (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31340)

wfrocket 12-03-2011 02:01 PM

poor response from sellers

Does anyone know of another site other than rj to buy race parts. Im done with this one I have inquired many times on a serious basis to purchase parts with cash on hand I dont inquire if I dont want to buy. People place ads never return anything that might take them a couple of minutes to reply back, if you dont live down the street from them and cant pic it up then you have just wasted alot of time. I just answered an add regarding a doug nash clutchless 5 speed with the intentions to send money instantly along with a couple of questions, but guess what a two word answer not even addressing what I asked. He in Maryland an me in so cal I figured Id do the foot work to arrange shipping cost and location of shipper. Offered to pay for his time, still no answer. This seems to me as a place to bragg about your hot rod and show pics of your family picnic. I need a site where the seller is willing to sell and pay attention to his item for sale. this not the first time happening. no one wants to be serious about their part for sale. I own a race shop/speed shop in ca. Have recommended rj to cutomer base. but feedback forces me to no longer do so. Sorry rj people if you dont want to tend to your sale items dont waste everybodys time. Back to Ebay!

wazup 12-03-2011 03:33 PM

I have had the same thing happen to me many times also so i will call to only get thier voice mail and leive mesg with no response. I had one guy that i was trying to buy some parts from and was posted trade or cash just let me know and leive mesg with what you have so i did and he told me to get a hobbie. I am not a cheap ass in no means so i took it personally and told him to go ---- himself. I have had other times where i was told it was sold to find out they really didnt want to sell. I think there are some that likes to see how many people will respond just to get a kick or what ever. I say if you dont want to sell, trade or what ever then dont post them.

482 12-03-2011 05:01 PM

Kinda makes ya wonder, If they are too busy to SELL something they have advertised, How busy will they be when it is time to SHIP it ?

eddie1963 12-08-2011 06:20 PM

did you atleast get a price? before they didnt respond?

was a price listed? look in the' general discussion ' section and see what a response we have about the NO PRICE ads !! just look and read!! no price no response NO SALE is it too hard to reply or price something you listed to sell? isnt this what this web site is for? the membership is low priced [ if you arent to cheap to buy it ] , the set up is very nice and always improving. its easy to list easy to sell if you have your sh_t together and have a little lady luck.. but some make it difficult. list an ad then not check it, dont put a price but list it for sale . or > the list goes on..... i realize all things dont sell, times are bad, money is tight. but we should put forth some effort if we are serious? just my opinion i dont know didley crap but have made honor payment when i sold something, kept my membership active, and enjoy the site. dont give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everybody isnt bad , sorry for your bad luck, you will hit the jackpot and redeem yourself!!! happy holidays!!!! keep in mind its their loss and there are more parts out there . the thrill of the chase !!! eye of the tiger !!!! maybe leave a message ' sorry they lost the sale from you' :arrow: but you found what you needed!!

outlaw256 12-11-2011 03:35 AM

guys i love rj. but after trying to deal with a few with adds on here i was done with the classifieds. 2 yrs ago i drove all the way to ohio from alabama pullin a trailer with one of my choppers on it. was gonna trade for a monte carlo ss that was suppose to be built to the hilt. and was suppose to have a good paint job and a great interior. not that way when im got there. bad paint hell i pushed my finger plum thru the rear quater panel above the whaeel! interior was faded and ripped. and it had a 305 not a 350. i brought #s with me to check. after driving all that way i wanted to shoot this sob. but my son thank god, talked some sence into me because that was just what i intended to do. we told him that i was crippled up from a bike wreck and it was hard for me to travel and to make damn sure what he has was what he said. i brought my bike back home!!!! if they arent on the forum regular i aint messin with them. i will still use hamb classifieds.never had any kinda problem with them boys.

eddie1963 12-11-2011 03:58 AM

what a shame some people mess it up for so many others

what a shame some people mess it up for so many others. dont give up many of the same people search and use both sites

ImBack 12-11-2011 06:21 PM

X1000000000000000000000000,Ask a guy today for any pics he had of rear end and suspension he might have and said nope dont have any! If these people dont want to sell their cars why are they on here!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was a $12000 roller not a bicycle LOL

eddie1963 12-15-2011 12:02 PM

what a loss

what a loss what a shame what an _____________ cal it what you want? thats why i seldom open an ad with no price or something that looks weird and odd. i counted the other day out of 20 listings 7 had no prices and 5 were so far out there it was funny. so i count 8 out of 20 was readable ads? one was > only call if serious , why else would we call??? oh yea to get the PRICE ! how can we be serious with no price to look at or no pictures to go on? i made this up !! LOL > :idea: selling my 57 chevy nomad like new condition drive anywhere :shock: corvette engine :wink: , 4 bolt main 8) , drive home ,posi,new paint and interior needs TLC. hasnt been on the road in 25 years, fuel tank leaks. serious buyers only LEAVE OFFER AND ILL REPLY , pictures for serious buyers only. . NO TIRE KICKERS !!! :lol:

bjuice 12-22-2011 05:24 PM

Re: poor response from sellers

Originally Posted by wfrocket
Does anyone know of another site other than rj to buy race parts. Im done with this one I have inquired many times on a serious basis to purchase parts with cash on hand I dont inquire if I dont want to buy. People place ads never return anything that might take them a couple of minutes to reply back, if you dont live down the street from them and cant pic it up then you have just wasted alot of time. I just answered an add regarding a doug nash clutchless 5 speed with the intentions to send money instantly along with a couple of questions, but guess what a two word answer not even addressing what I asked. He in Maryland an me in so cal I figured Id do the foot work to arrange shipping cost and location of shipper. Offered to pay for his time, still no answer. This seems to me as a place to bragg about your hot rod and show pics of your family picnic. I need a site where the seller is willing to sell and pay attention to his item for sale. this not the first time happening. no one wants to be serious about their part for sale. I own a race shop/speed shop in ca. Have recommended rj to cutomer base. but feedback forces me to no longer do so. Sorry rj people if you dont want to tend to your sale items dont waste everybodys time. Back to Ebay!

Man I have Read your Post several times the last few weeks and again tonight and I just can't help but think RJ site is getting a little bad rap for how some individuals have handled their Ads . I'm sorry this has happened to you but lets be real here do you not think this could happen to you else where ?..How can the site be at fault for a person not posting Ads or returning phone calls etc...I dont get it ?

I been on this site going over 9 Years and have went thru the same stuff everyone has went thru with tire kickers etc...but I have also sold some stuff and bought some stuff.....

Yes I post Prices and Pay honor Payments etc...in other words I walk the walk not just talk....just saying...
Good luck in the future but don't blame the site for some lame a$$ actions...they are everywhere believe that.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Rotating-A...entz-Carr.html

Scooterz 12-23-2011 01:49 PM

Juice is right. It is a lack of understanding how the classified handled... which is buyer & seller responsibility... not RJ's.

I mean, that is like getting mad a Goggle for something you don't like in the internet... or getting upset at your cable TV provider for something said on a TV show you don't like.... come on.