Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tire, Wheel, Brake (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   which line lock will hold back big tire chassis car? (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22191)

russ67chevelle 11-05-2008 04:10 PM

which line lock will hold back big tire chassis car?

i have short skinnies up front and 33 in et streets with a big cam.essentially i cant hold back car in box and heard from a friend localy that he heard the hurst line lock is best.what do you big tire chassis guys use? thanks in advance! russell

fla1976 11-05-2008 04:45 PM

Line lock

I would think that any line lock would work. Once the front wheels are locked, if the line lock holds you should be able to do your burn out. You may have some air in the line and that will mess up the hold from the line lock. I would bleed the brakes and try again.

ashtrak 11-06-2008 02:13 AM

Hurst roll control

john858 11-06-2008 05:20 AM

hurst is the one to use imo,john

Tod74 11-06-2008 07:31 AM

It's just a solenoid...I doubt any 1 is better than another.

ARUSSELL 11-06-2008 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tod74
It's just a solenoid...I doubt any 1 is better than another.

x2

dak697 11-06-2008 10:31 AM

it may be that you do not have the line pressure high enough.. If you are sure you have no air in the lines... try pumping the brakes several times...then with your foot still on the brake pedal activate the line lock.. then push down on the brake and deactivate and activate the line lock again...you should then have lots of pressure on the front brakes.. Remember that when you get on the gas don't be shy..Get the car "up" on the tire

Good luck

W31350 11-07-2008 05:29 AM

line pressure and brakes are whats holding the car. Like the post above states "pump the brakes several times then hold the pedal down and set the lock"
Make sure the rear tires are wet also.

oldandtired 04-15-2009 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by dak697
it may be that you do not have the line pressure high enough.. If you are sure you have no air in the lines... try pumping the brakes several times...then with your foot still on the brake pedal activate the line lock.. then push down on the brake and deactivate and activate the line lock again...you should then have lots of pressure on the front brakes.. Remember that when you get on the gas don't be shy..Get the car "up" on the tire

Good luck

Agree with dak697 Make sure you have full pressure and get the car up on the tire fast. I've seen people skid the locked front tires by easing down on the burnout. Hit it hard!! BTW - Any name brand lock should do.

radicalz 04-15-2009 09:28 PM

it is possible that the solenoid might be bad...especially if the car has sat for a while...or over the winter...brake fluid is hydroscopic...meaning it absorbs water...try flushing the brake system with new fluid and just cleaning the solenoid with brake clean...