Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   A Baltimore, Maryland High Roller's False Promise (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29538)

weatherman 01-04-2011 05:54 PM

A Baltimore, Maryland High Roller's False Promise

I just wanted to pass along some information that could prevent some frustration for all you race car sellers out there. I placed an ad to sell my ride and received a phone call from an individual that resides in Baltimore, Maryland. I returned his phone call and discussed the car in more detail. We then began to communicate via email and agreed upon a price and I followed up with a phone call to get the verbal agreement that he would make the purchase. Funny though, each time I would call him I would have to refresh his memory about who I was, what car I had, how fast it was, and what was under the hood; this happened many times. He never made an effort to call me after first contact, I always did. Anyway, we finally settled on a price and he said that he would send a cashier's check and that I should make arrangements to ensure that someone remained home to collect the check. Optimistic to hand the money to my wife, we canceled a couple of road trips during the Christmas holiday break so that the check would not be missed, and after I called him and he reassured me the check was in the mail, I took the car off of RacingJunk. Once the deal was struck he became very difficult to contact by phone or email. After 5 business days I began to worry for his money since he had everything to lose. I began calling him from other phone numbers with different area codes and I had no problem talking to him. Each time he reassured me that the money was already in the mail. I thought since the eastern seaboard experienced a 20" snow event the mail might be running behind so I would give him more time. Each day I would email him to let him know that the check had not arrived via email and leave a message on his cell phone. Finally after the 5th (10th total) business day I placed my car back in RacingJunk for sale again. I then emailed him and let him know that this was the final email he would receive until the check arrived so that I would not continue bothering him since he did not seem to be worried at all that his money was somewhere. I then followed up with a phone call (roughly an hour later) to leave him a message to the tune of the same thing, except that he answered this time. I told him that his check had not arrived and then he immediately let me know that he noticed my car was back in RacingJunk for sell. I said yes that it was my wife's idea and his instant reply was, "Okay, you listen to her then. Bye!" I did not attempt to call him back.
Let's go over few things that could have prevented this disappointment. First, usually the buyer should be the aggressive person in the party, not the seller. If I wanted to buy a race car I really wanted I would be calling all the time. Second, the things this guy told me and how he told me should have raised a red flag (and it did but I ignored them). Every time I called he acted as though he never met me and had no idea what I calling about. His typing skills were exponentially sub-par and they were all in CAPS. Third, hypocritically speaking as a highly religious man that he claimed to be, he kept saying the N-word anytime he thought someone was knocking his intelligence. I should have questioned his way of speaking at that point but couldn't chance losing the money by my hand. Fourth, he never contacted me within RacingJunk.com so that kept him under the radar until now, and how did he know within a short period of time that I put my car back in RacingJunk? He must surf the website and calls people for kicks. The way he responded, then hung up reinforced to me that there was no check in the mail. I finally paid for a background check to see if this guy was for real or an alias. According to the state of Maryland, this guy has been in court multiple times and fraud was mentioned under several charges.

Here he is: Jesse McClain Jr.; cell # 443-467-5451; Email: [email protected]

Avoid this guy if he calls you.

Harbone 01-05-2011 10:02 AM

Never remove a listing till a check is in hand. Thank goodness the only thing you lost was just time!
I think the couple of times you called him and had to refresh his memory would have popped up some red flags.

wvhippie 01-05-2011 01:03 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Same guy has contacted me about my 57.

weatherman 01-07-2011 06:20 AM

The Baltimore Shopper

Yeah, I figured he was out window shopping. This guy makes tire kickers welcome. Blatant promises that he is buying, over and over. Good luck tracking his IP address since he uses the Baltimore library as an internet source. He has a floating IP address because of that. I hope he gets word that his past time is now uncovered.

Ask him if he ever bought that tube chassis 69 camaro from Texas if you hear from him.

Glad to know I am I doing a little good from my experience. From now on, the car is on the market until all funds have transferred and are clear.

barneyrubble 01-20-2011 05:18 PM

another one

called me yesterday, i asked him about this notice and he said "never could get a price". I told me his bank name and contact person and the payment was being made today. Called the bank and contact person and they said its "false information". I kind off want to tell him I received the money, that should screw with his head. His email was "swear to god Ill pay you today, god bless"

Ill chalk it up to entertainment.

Harbone 01-21-2011 04:39 AM

I would tell him its all good and let him travel to you to get the car, when he gets there just say "sorry", a time or two of having that happen, costing him time, money, fuel, etc. and I bet he quits dicking with people :!:

em5427 04-04-2011 06:07 AM

jesse mcclain

This guy contacted me about my camaro ,said he would send money and after check cleared he would send more money to ship the car to him since he couldnt come down to get it.
Anyone who is going to make a substancial purchase on a race car and not come down and look at it and go to the track and actualy see the car run is either stupid or a fraud.He made it a practice of using the Lords name and all caps in his e-mails.
I told him fine when you send the check send me a copy of your drivers license and a bank statment . I dont know what this guy gets out of this but I got on google and pulled up his home,it is a low rent housing project.
So far no check.guess he changed his mind

Sean1664 09-11-2011 08:24 AM

no shit he has a check on its way for mine 69 camaro

i had a feeling it was bs thats why i came on the forum and searched his name.same thing ends everything with god bless and what threw me was the hi roller would say i will go check out your email at the libary.said he was a contractor.yeah a hi roller bying a complete racing operation and doesnt have internet.not sure why he bothers wasting peoples time as my shit wasnt about to leave my proerty till the check cleared.also beware because he asked if the car was in the trailer and when i said no its safe in my garage he sounded let down.

STREETMETAL 09-11-2011 09:21 AM

Re: no s he has a check on its way for mine 69 camaro

Originally Posted by Sean1664
i had a feeling it was bs thats why i came on the forum and searched his name.same thing ends everything with god bless and what threw me was the hi roller would say i will go check out your email at the libary.said he was a contractor.yeah a hi roller bying a complete racing operation and doesnt have internet.not sure why he bothers wasting peoples time as my s wasnt about to leave my proerty till the check cleared.also beware because he asked if the car was in the trailer and when i said no its safe in my garage he sounded let down.

Sean,

Paul is on his way to take a look,

the best way for a large transaction is either cash or wire transfer. kind of not easy to carry cash, so Wire Transfers can be done in a few hours, can be verified by your bank that the money is in the account...safe for both parties....takes a few hours but cant bounce like a check can
Rob

ttoracing 12-31-2011 07:29 AM

This guy is currently "sending a check" for a motorhome from me. I'm glad I found this information...I'm not sure why he does this?

badd57 12-31-2011 06:51 PM

marland man

he screwed with me to by my dragster, had me had find a person to haul it back to him lost my deposit of $200. said he was a preacher yaa right dont wast yor time.

nopro 01-02-2012 02:17 PM

Re: marland man

Originally Posted by badd57
he screwed with me to by my dragster, had me had find a person to haul it back to him lost my deposit of $200. said he was a preacher yaa right dont wast yor time.

WHAT ? can't make any sense out of your post

badd57 01-05-2012 09:58 AM

just don't deal with him.

nitrofuel1471 04-15-2012 07:53 AM

jesse mcclain

I am sitting here with a bounced $55k dollar check he sent he also sent a faxed contract he calls and calls with his constant praise Jesus and God bless you! ! Its unbelievable!! He told us he's afraid to travel but how the hell are you gonna go racing if you can't travel?? I googled him got his address and everything and told him I'm handing the check over to the Maryland police! ! He's a sick SOB claiming he got 12 million in an inheritance BS!! avoid this Guy he is completely full of it!! This has been going on for two years now my husband and I just write him for fun telling him Go doesn't love liars and scanners its kind of a fun way to upset him but I would love to just go to his house And kick his butt but he's not worth the gas and tolls!!!

nitrofuel1471 04-15-2012 10:38 AM

Jesse's abode

you can look up on google !!

Harbone 04-15-2012 02:08 PM

Re: jesse mcclain

Originally Posted by nitrofuel1471
I am sitting here with a bounced $55k dollar check he sent he also sent a faxed contract he calls and calls with his constant praise Jesus and God bless you! ! Its unbelievable!! He told us he's afraid to travel but how the hell are you gonna go racing if you can't travel?? I googled him got his address and everything and told him I'm handing the check over to the Maryland police! ! He's a sick SOB claiming he got 12 million in an inheritance BS!! avoid this Guy he is completely full of it!! This has been going on for two years now my husband and I just write him for fun telling him Go doesn't love liars and scanners its kind of a fun way to upset him but I would love to just go to his house And kick his butt but he's not worth the gas and tolls!!!

not worth the gas or tolls?!?!?!?! :shock:

whats $55K worth :?:

zipper06 04-15-2012 07:19 PM

Re: jesse mcclain

Originally Posted by harbone66

Originally Posted by nitrofuel1471

not worth the gas or tolls?!?!?!?! :shock:

whats $55K worth :?:

Nothing, but if was a ligitimate check draw on a bank account that's open or closed. I'm assuming he didn't send the item that the check was for. But if the check was drawn on a ligit account and it bounced not cancelled, it has room to turn it over to the state attny general for bad checkss.

JMO

Zip.

nitrofuel1471 04-15-2012 11:01 PM

$55k Check

Ofcourse I didnt give over the car I told him the car don't budge for 30 days after check clears and surprise not only did it NOT clear the bank it was drawn from told me to call the cops .......HIS BANK told ME to call the cops !! HAHAHAHAHA

montana 06-08-2012 03:19 PM

It seems our buddy Jesse is at it again. I received a call from him today telling me he will buy my car and he is sending money. Fortunately one of the members clued me in on this guy before he actually called me. What are the chances, other that he likes 69 camaro's.
Updated phone number and email for this guy:

Jesse Mclain
240-319-9196
[email protected]

vettenuts 10-08-2012 11:46 AM

Well Jesse called my last night gonna buy my racing rig for 45k without asking more than 2 questions about the rig. Red flag for me so he claims he is wiring the money tomorrow with out any question to bill of sale etc. so I did a search here and found this thread. I knew from the first sentence out of his mouth something was not right. Oh he also said there was a Monte Carlo drag car that he was buying for 55k that was on the way for the rig delivery. He said I will just include the 55k with your wire and you can pick up the car for me.....lol!

vettenuts 10-09-2012 11:40 AM

Well here is Jesse's latest reply this morning:

OK VERY VERY SORRY FOR DELAY I GAVE BANK OK TO SEND THE $44.000 SHE WILL CALL YOU OK I HAD TO HELP MY 72 YEAR OOLD MOM THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU AND FAMILY PLEASE SEND COMPLETE NAME AND ADRESS WHERE TRUCK IS LOACTED

I also gave him a link to this thread where he can read it and hopefully see the light so to speak and seek some type help. He is interfering with large purchase items and is only hurting the sellers.

Jesse you need some help brother, do your self a favor and seek it!

fastguy1 10-22-2012 12:13 PM

Jesse

Jesse called me about a year ago about my Vette, was going to send a check just wanted some more pictures. Thought it was strange when he said he would give me two grand more than what iI said I would take. Told him I couldn't take a check, he would have to wire trnsfer the money. he said he would go there the next day. Didn't hear form him for a couple days so I called him. He asked what car it was which i thought was strange.He said his bank told him not a good idea, but he still wanted the car. I did the spokeo.com thing and found his address and a picture of his house. Good phone number so i called. He lives with his mother, she answered and said he was at work. Supposedly a contractor. I started getting a lot of spam shortly after sending him the pics, so maybe he is just gathering email address to sell to spammers.

Scooterz 10-23-2012 10:19 AM

Incredible. What a wack-o!!!

mnm 05-30-2015 02:05 PM

Jesse is at it again. Beware!

GreggU 10-10-2016 08:37 AM

Jesse McClain contacted me yesterday. Wanted to buy my 65 dart drag car. Types like an 8 year old, ends everything with god bless. Said he can send me a bank check.wanted me to ship the car and would pay for everything. Wanted my full name and address. I asked for his phone number so that I could call him in the morning with a shipping quote and there was a long pause before his next email and he replied with " I am a deaf mute"so no phone number. Glad I found this post. Everything was going to easy. He sounds way to eager and hardly asks anything about the car. GOD BLESS!

GreggU 10-10-2016 08:52 AM

Just sent him a link to this thread and told him to go F himself. This was his reply. Lol......
KEEP YOU CAR OK THOSE PEOPLE ARE SCAMERS THING IAM SOME STUIP BLACK MAN OK IAM A MILLIONIRA OK THEY WAITWIRE TRANFERR AND DONT EVER OWN WHAT THEY ARE LISTING OK ANTHONY BROWN IS MY COUSIN OK TOP FUEL RACER READ ABOUT HIM

Harbone 10-10-2016 11:41 AM

Millionaire that needs some schooling, does he mean Antron Brown??

Soldierboy0098 06-01-2018 08:09 PM

This guy Jesse just contacted me about my pro mod, thanks for posting the heads up. same email but 443-839-9585 number. "PLEASE SEND VIDIO I HAVE CASH" lol. Video link was in the ad.

mdimech 08-12-2018 12:20 PM

I just got an e-mail from him for my OutLaw 10.5. Thanks for the post and warning.

jakt427 04-12-2019 11:47 AM

Thanks, you just saved me some time and aggravation, Jesse/Alan Mclean, [email protected] is at it again called wanting to purchase my car turnkey without asking how much...tried calling to discuss transaction, always unavailable. Good thing I always check the scammer section before going to far with people.

Sent him a message back on my computer, this is this scammers response:
THEY HAVE JUNK ON RACING JUNK OK IAM A BILLION AIR SEND ME YOUR FAX NUMBER ILL SEND A BANK STATMENT OK JUNK IS JUNK GOOD LUCK SELLING YOUR CAR
On Friday, April 12, 2019, 3:57:54 PM EDT, Jack Tarner :
nice try, Seems you are Famous in the Scammers section at RJ ! guessing you are going by another name as well so you can keep an eye on your work.just remember someone will not be so nice and will do a deep dive into who you are and make you a visit... if you aren't already in the pen !
On Friday, April 12, 2019, 12:58:59 PM CDT, Jack Tarner

darrset 05-16-2021 04:34 AM

Still At It

He just contacted me about a Rollback Bed I have for sale on Craigslist. Wanted my phone # and types message in all caps. Ends with God Bless. I figured he was a nut job by the way he contacted me. Don't waste your time. He claims to live in Essex, MD 05/16/2021

darrset 05-16-2021 04:35 AM

Still At It

He just contacted me about a Rollback Bed I have for sale on Craigslist. Wanted my phone # and types message in all caps. Ends with God Bless. I figured he was a nut job by the way he contacted me. Don't waste your time. He claims to live in Essex, MD