Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Forum (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34354)

PJ 03-14-2014 10:33 AM

New Forum

Just wanted to touch base with everyone and apologize for some of the tech issues we had this morning in regards to the Forum log in process. We hope this is a better system that will make more and more people use this portion of the site.

Hope everyone is doing well.

TheYellaBrick 03-17-2014 08:46 AM

One item I've run into is the 'Last Post by'. I set it to 'last' open up a thread, go back to the main section, and have to reset my preference. My initial preference is not taking.

TheRabbit 03-17-2014 03:08 PM

So far this is terrible. I can't log in from my computer, but can on my phone.
My password wouldn't work on either, but finally did get it to work on my phone.
I'm sure it'll get sorted out soon.

Mopar sent me a mssg through the classified section and said he can't get on the forum either.

mytmouz 03-17-2014 08:42 PM

If you are going through a bookmarked page that was used before the board upgrade, it will give you the banned message or more likely, a message that says the board is currently unavailable.Tell Mopar to click on the underlined Forum Home Page and it should let him access the forum. If you click on the one below below if that says Racing junk Forum Index, it just takes you back to that page...

TheRabbit 03-18-2014 06:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I've been on LOTS of different forums and this is by far the worst I have ever seen. Anybody figured out how to post pictures yet?

TheRabbit 03-18-2014 06:53 AM

To post a picture you have to go to the bottom of the page and click on " Go Advanced".
Seems like the auto save feature on this site is horrible to deal with. If you need to move your cursor back to edit something it takes forever. I'll see if I can figure out how to turn mine off in my settings.

PJ 03-18-2014 08:41 AM

This is great feedback, please keep it coming. I'm having our team look into each one. Thanks -

Swiley383 03-18-2014 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think i figured out the pictures. Anybody try to post an ad yet? Just wondering how that is working or was that affected by the changes?

shawnp 03-19-2014 05:00 AM

This is going to take some getting used to. The ads look like responses being posted by RJ if you are browsing not logged in. It's a bit brighter and bolder than the old forum. I am on the fence with the upgrade right now.

SuperComp1R 03-19-2014 06:37 AM

well i really do not like it, sometimes change is good.......othertimes not so much.

curtisreed 03-19-2014 10:27 AM

I have a couple items that are annoying. When I go to forum actions, then general settings there is a pop up ad obscuring part of my options. Once there the only way I see to go back to the forum is by clicking the forum button at the top of the page, it then opens a new tab. I'm giving things a chance, not in love with the way it all works so far, but I don't like change so I will reserve the right to throw a fit about it later. LOL

Curtis

SuperComp1R 03-19-2014 02:37 PM

change

Originally Posted by badfordfreak (Post 269020)
well i really do not like it, sometimes change is good.......othertimes not so much.

Well now for sure this sucks. Now there is pop up advertising in the forum section, Rabbit said it best, its the worst I have seen.

TheRabbit 03-19-2014 03:03 PM

I've tried several times to add my avatar and haven't been able to get it to load.
I'll keep on till I figure it out.

RJ can you send a mass email out to the forum users and tell them the old link doesn't work? Most of us have the forum saved as a "favorite" on our computers and that link no longer works.

Thanks

TheRabbit 03-19-2014 03:04 PM

I don't have any pop ups. You guys can change that in your computers.

mytmouz 03-19-2014 08:28 PM

On the old board, I would just hit the forum link at the top of the page when I was browsing. Now when you do that t opens it up in another window. I would like to see that changed back...

mytmouz 03-19-2014 08:29 PM

And still can't log in on my phone. When I hit the log in option, it takes me to the main page, and I am logged in there (the ads section) I tried to log out and log back in, but it only logs me in to the main page, not the forum...

oldblu65 03-19-2014 09:49 PM

Arrived and thought I'd got off at the wrong bus stop ? Was this forum change a planned event or.... ? So far , I prefer the old forum but I likely will adjust quickly . I had no problem with logging in and that is often a prime problem when forums are switched to a new format . Hopefully everything will continue to operate as intended ! Good luck !

mytmouz 03-19-2014 10:11 PM

Not just you Rabbit on the avatar. I have my avatar that is just under the max allowed in both dimensions but when I save the changes after uploading, it will give an error message that upload failed...

And I tried to quote you and then post what I wrote above with it, but it wouldn't let me. Said I need at least ten characters to be able to post. So that needs tweeking as well admins...

Harbone 03-20-2014 04:26 AM

Well at least I can finally get in to edit my profile!
I setup up my avatar but do not see it or anybody else's?

TheRabbit 03-20-2014 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by mytmouz (Post 269031)
Not just you Rabbit on the avatar. I have my avatar that is just under the max allowed in both dimensions but when I save the changes after uploading, it will give an error message that upload failed...

And I tried to quote you and then post what I wrote above with it, but it wouldn't let me. Said I need at least ten characters to be able to post. So that needs tweeking as well admins...

Same thing for my avatar.

As far as the quote I had that same thing the other day and I forget how it happened.
This type of forum works different than any other I've been on
It's gonna take all of us to figure this thing out.
Keep posting stuff as y'all figure it out. Lol

I still can't log in on my home computer. When I enter my info it acts like it logged me in but it doesn't.

I hope we don't loose some guys, especially the core group with this new forum.

Swiley383 03-20-2014 10:39 AM

I have not found where to load the avatar. I guess i have over looked it somewhere but i am not real good at this.

curtisreed 03-20-2014 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Swiley383 (Post 269034)
I have not found where to load the avatar. I guess i have over looked it somewhere but i am not real good at this.

At the top of the page look for Forum Actions. It will drop down 3 options. Go to edit profile. On the left side you will see the option to Edit Profile Picture.

Swiley383 03-20-2014 04:08 PM

Thank you I will load one shortly

curtisreed 03-20-2014 06:35 PM

Bear in mind, I didn't say it would work just said where it was. LOL I haven't been able to get one to work yet.

Curtis

Swiley383 03-24-2014 12:04 PM

Dose anybody see how to send a pm or did I miss it somewhere?

Harbone 03-24-2014 12:31 PM

Swiley if you see a the persons name in a thread you can just click on their name and send a message or the black menu bar at the top of the page has a "private messages" tab to the left

Swiley383 03-24-2014 04:03 PM

I see it now it was not showing up earlier.
Thanks

SuperComp1R 03-25-2014 06:51 AM

WEll I have to say that my thoughts are that they took a great forum site and turned it into the worst one I have seen or been on.

IBAdrian 03-25-2014 02:45 PM

I have turned on Avatars for everyone. You can upload them here: http://www.racingjunk.com/forums/pro...?do=editavatar

Let me know if you have any issues with it.

mytmouz 03-25-2014 10:06 PM

OK guys. After trying to upload a new avatar, i finally unchecked the do not use avatar icon on the page link provided and my old avatar appeared...

curtisreed 03-26-2014 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by IBAdrian (Post 269069)
I have turned on Avatars for everyone. You can upload them here: http://www.racingjunk.com/forums/pro...?do=editavatar

Let me know if you have any issues with it.

Thanks for this link. I'm an idiot. I saw the edit profile pic and didn't even notice the avatar option. Was trying to put it in the wrong place. Sorry Swiley383 for the wrong info.

csx8506 03-26-2014 05:25 AM

I agree 100% with BadFordFreak!!!!!!!!!!! It's like Obamacare, it needs repealing.

Harbone 03-26-2014 07:28 AM

I am just happy to have my avatar back!!! :)

I like the new setup just takes some getting used to. There are a ton more things to do and options to choose when posting a thread.

What I would like to see is the ability to post up a video from youtube, all the othet forums I hang out on have that ability. When you post it is similiar to images but it uses [youtube]"youtube weblink"[/youtube] as the html. Just a suggestion to make the forum more interesting and fun.

IBAdrian 03-26-2014 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by curtisreed (Post 269073)
Thanks for this link. I'm an idiot. I saw the edit profile pic and didn't even notice the avatar option. Was trying to put it in the wrong place. Sorry Swiley383 for the wrong info.

It was our fault actually, for some reason we missed the option to enable Avatars.

Originally Posted by Harbone (Post 269076)
I am just happy to have my avatar back!!! :)

I like the new setup just takes some getting used to. There are a ton more things to do and options to choose when posting a thread.

What I would like to see is the ability to post up a video from youtube, all the othet forums I hang out on have that ability. When you post it is similiar to images but it uses [youtube]"youtube weblink"[/youtube] as the html. Just a suggestion to make the forum more interesting and fun.

I've enabled Video tags.
These can either be used by typing in
Code:

[ VIDEO ] [ / VIDEO ]
(ignore spaces)
around the video link. Or by using the button in the advanced editor - see screenshot:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17[/ATTACH]

I'd welcome any more feedback as to how we can make the forum better, we will try our best to implement it. I understand that its a big change, we did a big upgrade to the forum software, so that it can do a lot more and tried to make the look and feel closer to the actual classified site.

Harbone 03-26-2014 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by IBAdrian (Post 269078)
It was our fault actually, for some reason we missed the option to enable Avatars.

I've enabled Video tags.
These can either be used by typing in
Code:

[ VIDEO ] [ / VIDEO ]
(ignore spaces)
around the video link. Or by using the button in the advanced editor - see screenshot:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17[/ATTACH]

I'd welcome any more feedback as to how we can make the forum better, we will try our best to implement it. I understand that its a big change, we did a big upgrade to the forum software, so that it can do a lot more and tried to make the look and feel closer to the actual classified site.

That is AWESOME!!

I invite you to take a second to introduce yourself everyone on the forum when you have time. This isnt the biggest forum out there but we have a pretty tight group of guys that have been on here many years. A few of them are a little old and crusty so they may need a extra helping hand dealing with the new setup...

IBAdrian 03-26-2014 12:30 PM

Thanks Chris, I found the thread to do that :)

jtortorete 04-02-2014 02:51 PM

Working for me. I am sure as i go i will run into something.

"don't worry be happy"

ajk 04-12-2014 09:50 AM

OK, the new stadium is built, how do you fill it now? I am not a tech guy and never had a problem with the old setup. What ever the reason for the upgrade is I don't know, or need to know, just seems to me that 12 guys now have a new site, how can we improve the numbers that use it? Love the new audio pop up ads!

fla1976 04-26-2014 07:57 PM

Am I here?

MEMRACING62 04-27-2014 07:22 PM

Yup....your here