Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Beware of T&L engines (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22268)

crossbreed 11-16-2008 04:20 AM

Beware of T&L engines

It took a long time to get the motor 2 months then it took 4 more month and 40 phone calls to get the flex plate. then the car only made it 50miles before it poped a headgasket it was never run hot or sprayed they told me I had to pull out the motor for free and send it to them at a cost of 150.00 for me to pay. and if I took in down it would void the warr. now I own a shop and this motor was got for a cust. of mine they told me it would take 5 weeks to get the motor back. so I was thinking some thing did not add up. so I tore it down my self to see what happend. and what I found was shocking. but before I tell you what I found. this is what I ordered a 347 all forged after market block and heads. set up for NOS.
now this is what I found the headgasket poped because the right head was only torked to 35 lb. left side to 80 lb. the cam in it was turned on a 108 center not a 112 center like I ordered. and it has a stock block.
so I called them and told them they needed to make it right and they told me that is your baby now. and hung up the phone.
so if I was you I would not buy one of these engines.

sorry for the rant but just want to worn you hard working people like me so they don't get scamed like me. thanks for your time

mopar1968 11-16-2008 08:19 AM

:x Thanks for letting folks on here know about this.

Tod74 11-16-2008 08:53 AM

It might be my baby...but it would be their lawsuit.

seriously. Waranty or not, the factory block wasn't what you paid for so I would not let it go.

dparker 11-16-2008 09:42 AM

Whats their full business name and address?

topsportsman1 11-16-2008 10:41 AM

http://www.tandlengines.com/

Looks like another one bit by the ebay engine builders

You pay for what you get,its just that simple

Your not the 1st one to come here and complain about T&L and probaly won't be the last.

People need to do their internet searches and ask questions about reputable engine builders 1st before you part with your hard earned money,then come and complain

But thats human nature to buy cheap knock offs and find out its not really what you thought you purchased,
In this world there is ALOT of bait and switch going on,get every thing in writing,such as contracts and datelines of the build.

crossbreed 11-16-2008 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
http://www.tandlengines.com/

Looks like another one bit by the ebay engine builders

You pay for what you get,its just that simple

Your not the 1st one to come here and complain about T&L and probaly won't be the last.

People need to do their internet searches and ask questions about reputable engine builders 1st before you part with your hard earned money,then come and complain

But thats human nature to buy cheap knock offs and find out its not really what you thought you purchased,
In this world there is ALOT of bait and switch going on,get every thing in writing,such as contracts and datelines of the build.

I under staind what you are saying but if 9,000 is cheap for a sbf then I'm a broke man. and I just posted it here so others don't make the same choices I did, and for the fact they have there banner on this site.
as far as the other man and the hole don't let it go. It's not going anywhere but to court.

jayss10 11-18-2008 06:36 AM

as usaul a racingjunk crewman steps in to say ,you should have looked better ,if racingjunk knows theres a problem why are they a banner add on here then........maybe just maybe some people feel that this site wouldnt let someone run adds knowing that they are a problem,as i see it this use to be a site for the small guy,ooh but now ,seems it is for the big guys or who ever pays to get banner adds ......good luck even being a site in 2 years this hole is going down and going down fast........mark my words ........everyone on heres knows it has changed ,and sees there are less and lesss private adds any more .......us private guys were where it started....thats my 2 cents worth...i know you will have a comeback like ,we still are for the reg. guy, but please, all us small guys know better.....

novabbc 11-18-2008 07:08 PM

Jay,I am with you there!

jdracecars 11-18-2008 07:16 PM

Amen to that post jayss10!!

I hear ya screaming for justice jayss10 and know how it feels to get even madder when the R.J. crew steps in and adds salt to the wound!! I've been hammering them about this guy in South Jersey for years now but he's still on here advertising. We even posted a newspaper article where he was caught red handed stealing and convicted but guess whose still posting on here??

I completely understand your frustration!! :roll:

crossbreed 11-19-2008 03:45 AM

it's just sad how a place indorses a con artist!