Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carburetion, Induction, Nitrous (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pro Systems ..E.T'S (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21705)

dynaguy03 08-27-2008 05:31 AM

Pro Systems ..E.T'S

Well im going from an out of the box 850 demon... so im hoping for a good decrease in my E.T.'S this 850 mighty demon annular on this new 388 sbc motor has been a tuning nightmare chasing jet, always fuel behind new power valves, and not very responsive and i hope this Pro systems Carb can get me closer... im 2-3 tenths off of where i should be.

thanks
Keith

ARUSSELL 08-27-2008 06:28 AM

If you want that Barry Grant to perform take it compleatly apart and clean it. By making everything out of billet a lot of shavings are produced. They do not clean it out very well, or debur. I used to work in a speed shop and rebuild every NEW carb that came in before we sold them. Great carbs once every passage is clear.

dynaguy03 08-27-2008 06:55 AM

demon

i have had shavings in the metering block .The metering block machineing is poor... the milled areas finish is very rough , sharp edges., and its throttle response is poor.
Shame that quaility control is so poor for a 550.00 carb.

ARUSSELL 08-27-2008 08:27 AM

I could not agree more.

tcarda 08-27-2008 01:10 PM

I ran my 468 BBC on the dyno with a 1000 Drag Race Demon and then we bolted on a 1000 Holley HP and pulled the engine again. The Holley made 3-4 more hp across the curve but lost 5-6 torque across the curve compared to the Demon. My brother in laws 461 BBC dynoed his with his 850 demon and then he bolted on the 1000 Holley HP. The Holley made 4-5 more on the toque and 11 hp more than his Demon. I hope your Pro Systems carb works out for you.

jobawa 10-01-2008 07:39 PM

Dynaguy, did you ever try that Pro Systems carb?

hammertime 10-02-2008 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by jobawa
Dynaguy, did you ever try that Pro Systems carb?

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7607

cuda66 10-27-2008 05:56 AM

850 Mighty Demon on a 388 motor????
What were you thinking?
Who recommended that?
Annular boosters?? Is this a 4000# Truck?
I'll bet you had a tuning nightmare!

I run a 375" motor with a Race Demon RS set up at about 720 CFM and when Bo Laws Flowed it, it made 817 HP on a 540" motor but of course dropped off at 6700 RPM as it just wasn't a big enough lung for the big inch motor.

850 need a 450" motor or bigger.

Bo installed a pair of their super trick metering block and it picked up 14 HP over the out of the box, properly tuned set-up.

$550.00 is dirt cheap for what you get, you can call Brazwell or BLP and maybe get a better carb but be prepared to spend double or more for 10-20 HP.

Read this book www.4secondsflat.com/Demon_Tuning_Guide.html

You'll see why a 850 is too big for a 388 motor and learn how to tune it when the carb is right for the application.

undertaker598 01-09-2009 07:47 PM

I HAVE FIVE PRO SYSTEMS CARBS AND THEY ARE THE BEST. I'VE TRIED THE REST, BUT I STUCK WITH THE BEST. PRO SYSTEMS ROCKS!!!
THE UNDERTAKER

TopspeedLowet 01-10-2009 08:46 AM

There is not any magic in any ones carb no matter who makes it. Just clever marketing and nice looking coatings to appeal to the un informed customer. The result of a carb change with out any tuning is usually an indicator or how poorly or how well your previous carb tune and booster signal curve were to your combination. Holley hp carbs have no advantage built in to them over the earlier models. If you use a carb supplier that has carbs on the shelf for your application you probably have just been had by marketing. Competition Fuel systems in Tucson AZ is the most informative and non market driven carb builder I have ever had the pleasure to do business with. If you look at this site and read the article the brains of the carb this may give alot of light on a subject the many debate who is better than who. There is no short cut on the shelf for a well prepped carb for any one combination, just some that are better than what you might be use to. Just wanted to give alot of food for thought. I am a paying customer to Norm at CFS. and I only give this info to help a racer with some honest carb advice. If it seems to good to be true it almost always must be BS