Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Vent (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Plan! (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33334)

TheYellaBrick 03-30-2013 11:10 AM

The Plan!

Robin Williams, wearing a shirt that says 'I love New York ' in Arabic.

You gotta love Robin Williams........Even if he's nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to argue with this logic!)

'I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan.'

1) 'The US, UK , CANADA and AUSTRALIA will apologize to the world for our 'interference' in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those 'good 'ole' boys', we will never 'interfere' again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting withGermany , South Korea , the Middle East, and the Philippines . They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are from. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign 'students' over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't att end classes, they get a 'D' and it's back home baby.

6) The US, UK , CANADA and AUSTRALIA will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not 'interfere..' They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army.. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us 'Ugly Americans' any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE. Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?
The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' '

roadkill2 03-31-2013 08:12 AM

Most of that wouldn't/doesn't work . .

On (1) If we followed that one, we'd either be speaking German, Japanese or Russian today. It wasn't really interference, but self defense, simply because in the world, even in 1917 or 1938, when one country or dictator robs from another, it tends to upset the economy of the world in negative ways.

And because of technology today, it only happens faster . .

(2) Can't do that either. It sounds good, but having military stationed here and there serves the country in several ways, first being security. If sh*t happens in your neighbor's yard everythings fine till it get's into your yard, then you've got a lot more problems, because now it's your stuff getting screwed up and it's a lot harder to get 'em out. And we have treaties that we have to observe for obvious and economic reasons (See Above)

(3, 4, 5) Certainly need to rewrite the rules, but you just can't "Close the gates in and out" . . But, I do favor enforcing the laws we have in place now until they change them. But I also can't see the Politicians using our immigration policy(s) for political ends, which is what they're doing now, on both sides of the aisle. That's Bullsh*t, plain and simple!

(6) Screw Canada, UK, and Australia. They're part of the "World Market" and constitute competitive technologies and societies. They are part of the consortium that keeps world energy prices where they are. The UK and Austrailia are "Consumers" in the greatest sense of the word and even with the North Sea Operations, the UK will never be self supporting. Nor will Australia. Canada wants the Keystone pipeline for one big reason. They can load their oil on boats! And when you load your Oil or refined products (Non-Taxed, thank you) on boats you sure as hell aren't going to go down the coast to Corpus Christi and unload it now, are you? Hell no, it's going to China, Europe, or points East! If they were worried about selling it to us they'd have stopped once they got to Oklahoma . . they don't want to . . .

(7) Not a chance. Ben Bernanke, Obama and his Secretary of treasury took care of that with QE I, II, III, and IV . . They have devalued the dollar so badly that you'll never, ever see $50 dollar oil again, let alone $10. And should we actually be able to do that, China would step up with a $11 dollar bid . .

(8) If you can pull that one off in a country full of Bleeding Hearts and "Do Gooders", Rot's O' Ruck . . Heh, heh . . .

(9) Don't ship them anywhere, just call the exterminators, and when the building has no life in it, tear it down and sell the property to Trump and let him build a Hotel. No use spending more money on the 47%!

(10) Don't need no stinkin' Charm School. If you wish to come here, or ask me to come to your country to spend my money, treat me like either a neighbor or a customer. If you can't do that, take your language, your culture and customs and your uneducated kids back to where you came from! And don't count on me coming to your country to spend my precious dollars . . .

There is no such thing as world peace and unless we kill off all the human race there never will be . . Even then, it will still be Dog eat Dog, just as it has been for several (14 I think) billion years!

outlaw256 04-02-2013 06:33 AM

sgo against you on # 7 but yes i can work. we get our reserves back up and tell the other free countrys to go along or lose our support .then we tell all the oil producing countys this is what we wiill pay and not a penny more.and dont let their oil leave their country.by any means.but before any thing else we must have a super strong military to back up our message.yes i can see it workin.

roadkill2 04-02-2013 08:35 AM

Well, oil has become the new international "Dollar", so to speak.

And as long as the current technologies exist and require oil as it's basic component as well as the major provider of transport energy, it will be the "benchmark" for whatever "Dollar" is used internationally.

And because the rest of the world is in worse shape economically than we are, the US Dollar is stronger and worth more than any of the rest.

But . . as Bernanke and Obozo continue to print money (Quantative Easing or QE), our dollar becomes weaker, and the prices of oil and it's products will increase expotentially. It's just that as we devalue our money, it takes more of it to buy the same amount than it did yesterday . .

Mathematically, the only way oil will ever be worth $10 or even $50 a barrel would be for the whole world's economy to collapse and we all start over again . .

Or we all quit using oil and there is no more demand for it . .

And a note on Canada. In this morning's Bloomberg News, Canada is proposing to build two new pipelines to get their oil to both the Pacific and Atlantic coasts . . again, once they can get it on boats, the price will go up in the US . .

TheYellaBrick 04-02-2013 12:55 PM

Then we tariff the hell out of anything that leaves the South 48 that got to the docks THROUGH the South 48 !

roadkill2 04-02-2013 02:24 PM

Heh, heh, it's already a done deal. The refineries that the Canadian Tar Sands Oil will go through will be a "Tax Free Zone" . .

We didn't even get kissed!