Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis and Suspension (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Set Up Just For The Street (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19770)

Grimace 02-06-2008 09:40 PM

Set Up Just For The Street

Okay i know im wrong for asking this but i know im not the only one that does it! I do alot of street racing does anyone have any experence in making a notchback mustang hook in the street? Its on asphalt! Or any advice on what to do to get it to. Its a stock suspension car now.
Thanks in advance

signsbyesa 02-07-2008 05:58 AM

no street racing for me, i use a spool and it is too dangerous to
get control on a street, they make D.O.T. slicks that grab pretty
good, but street racing is asking for trouble, here in tx, they take
your car away, put you in jail for a while, fine you, and take
your license away for 5 yrs, if you kill someone, you live
in jail and when you come out (if you come out) you don't drive
anymore :cry:

Grimace 02-07-2008 06:31 AM

Yea i know bad hobby! I say it over and over ago im done with runnin on the street but i always go back to it. Its like my cigarette! I use a spool & a set of MT Drag Radials. What would i do to make it hook if it was a track car i dont wanna do anything crazy because i still want to be able to cruise in it. Any ideas?

topsportsman1 02-07-2008 10:22 AM

Re: Set Up Just For The Street

Originally Posted by Grimace
Okay i know im wrong for asking this but i know im not the only one that does it! I do alot of street racing does anyone have any experence in making a notchback mustang hook in the street? Its on asphalt! Or any advice on what to do to get it to. Its a stock suspension car now.
Thanks in advance

You have come to the wrong site to get information on this.We don't promote these type of races here at Racing Junk.

Its just to dangerous and risky for the racers and spectators.Take it to the track and race your buddys,same deal but alot more better controlled safety enviroment

Besides that street racing is ilegal,please don't confuse street racing with drag racing

signsbyesa 02-07-2008 10:48 AM

good answer tops, look at that car that was doing as exhibition
burn out on the street which was closed down for burn outs and
the car went out of control and killed a spectator, and this was
a policed event, tops is right, take it to the strip, on test night
10 bucks will let you go down the track til you blow :?

Grimace 02-07-2008 12:16 PM

You guys are right! I need to cut it out my girlfriend has been tell me the same thing! Im goin to wait til the track opens to get the thrill. NOW THAT I HEAR IT FROM FELLOW CAR GUYS I QUIT THE STREETS! What can i do to get it to hook better at the track?

topsportsman1 02-07-2008 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Grimace
You guys are right! I need to cut it out my girlfriend has been tell me the same thing! Im goin to wait til the track opens to get the thrill. NOW THAT I HEAR IT FROM FELLOW CAR GUYS I QUIT THE STREETS! What can i do to get it to hook better at the track?

Glad we could make a difference in someone's life here,and get them off the streets :P

Only thing I can tell you is there is a sticky in the chassis forum that might help your questions.
Read here.
http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2363

Tod74 02-07-2008 01:04 PM

take two of the plug wires off...I bet it will hook then. :D

v8Fiero 02-07-2008 01:06 PM

I think youll be pleasently surprised when you take it to a well prepped track the first time, it should be so sticky that itll take your shoes off your feet if you try walking down the first 20' of the race track. Hell, I could spin em in my fiero on the street for a month (not racing) before I took it to the track and blew up my tranny launching at 2k rpm. Good Luck! tell us how you do!

if thats not good enough... relocate the battery, ladder bars or 4-link, stickier tires, 90/10 shocks in front, any weight reduction that you can do, etc.

Grimace 02-07-2008 06:15 PM

i have been running it at the track for awhile its a streetcar but it sees the track just as much as the street. im goin to look into a set of 90/10 shocks