Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Deceitful seller in Goodyear Az................ (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19952)

nucnova 02-24-2008 10:43 AM

Deceitful seller in Goodyear Az................

Ron 612 had a 67 Camaro posted for sale . The pictures in the add showed the car to be in one piece and in good condition . When we arived to look at the car it was in a million peices and half of the parts were for sale in other adds . The car was not at all what the pictures and decription said it to be . We then noticed a 1964 El Camino which has been listed on Racing Junk many times in the garage . We inquired about it and started to make a deal . We left without the car but we had all intentions of returning and buying it . Later that night Ron called and said that he was really interested in trading the El Camino for a 67 Chevelle drag radial car that we had and he wanted us to bring it over Sunday . We did and were stroked once again by this " seller " . The whole ordeal was a total waste of our time . All he was looking for was a car show and to kick some tires so buyer beware !

Ron612 02-24-2008 12:16 PM

SPOILED CRY BABY in Arizona

As you recall in my ad, the 67 Camaro you are referring to was a DISASSEMBLED PROJECT CAR and was being prepared for paint and TLC. The pictures in the ad was only a picture of what it LOOKED like BEFORE it was DISASSEMBLED . When we spoke on the phone prior to you coming over, I specifically told you that the car was disassembled and I didn't have current pictures.
When you saw the Camaro, you and your friend thought the Camaro was too much of a project and set your sites on the El Camino instead. I gave you a price on the El Camino (CASH) and you came back with a rude offer and even asked if I was willing to trade. Although my ad says "NO TRADE', you you described your 67 Chevelle as a 'clean' car like the El Camino which made me think it might be a good deal. When you brought your car over, it was in NOT in the condition that you described, and therefore, I declined your offer/trade.
I was NOT looking for a "car show". I'm just looking to sell my cars at a fair price.

nucnova 02-24-2008 12:44 PM

Once again , nothing but lies . The Camaro is not even a good " project " car at best . We never made you a " rude " offer , we LIKED the El Camino ,we told you that the pictures did it no justice and that it was a sweet peice , that's why we had your $14,000.00 in our pocket to buy the El Camino( the " rude " price ) and the trailer in tow . YOUR the one that called us back , YOUR the one that was interested in the Chevelle . Your right , the Chevelle is not perfect but we never said it was , You on the other hand waste peoples time ( we are not the first one's , we talked to many in the local area ) by leading them on and getting them out to look at your junk . Why else do you think that it stay's for sale for so long and you have to pull it off and on sites like this . It's a good thing that you make all of your sales on the internet , that way people don't know what they are getting untill it arrives and it's too late . I'm just glad that we only drove 35 miles instead of something like 1000 miles just to be disapointed .

Ron612 02-24-2008 02:14 PM

Thank you for the compliment on my car!