Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fighting Back At Scammers (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27534)

topsportsman1 03-04-2010 08:21 PM

Fighting Back At Scammers

Report them to the FBI,give all the info you can so the FBI can check these low lifes out.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

www.ripoffreport.com

rosameelpito 02-02-2011 06:28 AM

HI, CHECK OUT MY AD ABOUT MARK HEULSKAMP--THANKS

mrmopar622 12-02-2012 01:48 PM

Could one of those sites be used to report a engine builder Naylor Racing engines(new engine) that you order a engine from on-line and pay him the $$$ for a engine that he says and put's on the invoice & bill that says 1100+ hp and the best it will make on the dyno is 947 hp?I have all the paper work. He is the one on here that sells 565,582 and 600 cu in 1,000+ hp engines. I paid extra $$$ & had a 632 cu in engine built so I am sure if it will not even make a 1,000 hp a smaller 600 cu in engine won't. I am also sure he is not only scamming a lot of other people on this site but costing the other honest engine builders work. Thanks

proactionheads 12-05-2012 04:57 PM

TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD YOU CANT PLEASE EVERY ONE,WELL NO ONE CAN PLEASE MRMOPAR.NAYLOR TRIED TO HELP HIM BY DOING FREE HEAD WORK FOR HIM BECAUSE HE COULD NOT AFFORD GOOD CNC HEADS FOR A 632. HE GOT A 632 WITH DART 400M HEADS AND A DART TUNNEL RAM FOR $11500.00 THATS A DEAL! HE WOULD NOT LET THEM FINISH THE HEADS, HE MADE THE CHOICE FOR THEM TO FINISH THE ENGINE THAT WAY AND THEY COULD NOT DYNO ENGINE. ALL HIS PULLYS, BRACKETS ECT WERE ALL MOPAR! THEY HAVE BEEN THERE FOR 23 YEARS AND BUILDS PRO-MOD 4.00 OR BETTER ENGINES TO STREET,STRIP ENGINES ,GREAT MACHINE SHOP. THE 1ST BAD POST ON HERE FROM ONE BAD APPLE,YOU CAN LOOK AT THE GOOD POST ON HERE AND SEE THERE GOOD TO DEAL WITH AND MAKE GOOD POWER!!

Harbone 12-05-2012 05:54 PM

you guys should really vent someplace else, this was supposed to be an informative thread, hence the sticky, not someplace to come and bitch about something.

aggravation 02-26-2013 05:02 AM

Just speaking my peace, just purchased a mag vertex fromJEFF TOball, it was supposed to be a talldeck with ajustable collar, opened box and it is low deck no collar any body got an idea , I have never screwed anybody like this , any body that knows this clown BEWARE.

Boricua1 07-21-2013 04:49 AM

I was scam by Jrblazer. I am very upset becase Jrblazer sold me a 1939 chevy. He told me that the car was rust free, that it didn't have any rust out panels. Based on his staments I made him a bid on the car. If he would have been honest an told me that the front drivers and passenger side floor pans were rusted out there is no way that I would have paid this much. The drivers side pan is completely rusted out. We must keep our eyes wide open when we buy from people like jrblazer. His real name is Paul Nicholson he is out of Texas, Lexington Texas. Make sure that he doesn't take your money. [/b]

cowolfeman 07-25-2013 05:49 AM

viking chassis scam

BUYER BEWARE VIKING CHASSIS ARE A BUNCH OF SCAMMERS THEY HAVE STOLEN MONEY FROM MANY RACERS AND NEVER BUILT THEIR CARS!!! I'M POSTING THIS IN HOPES THAT IT WILL KEEP OTHER RACERS FROM FALLING VICTOM TO JOSH NOLFF / VIKING CHASSIS
JIM W

kbclamper 02-20-2014 03:57 PM

scammer

daniel540 just ripped me off for a set of heads that were suppose to be fresh out of the machine shop. took them to my machine shop, 10 bent valves 3 scored guides, 1 bad exhaust seat, deck had been fire slotted and badly repaired with a mig and the valve springs were shot. the estimate was 1700 to fix everything, more than the original cost of the heads.
his name is daniel bishop dont buy anything from him

deucehibo 02-27-2015 06:12 AM

Racing Junk NEEDS a feed back system...I am having an issue right now with a seller that keeps deleying shipping on an item that they received the payment on over week ago....wont respond...to the best of my knowledge it is still not shipped....

deucehibo 02-27-2015 03:30 PM

If you send a US postal service MO...You are just asking to be screwed...I don't like Pay Pal...BUT if you send a USPS money order you have NO recourse...if you get no part!!!I will NEVER send one again...

BigBlockMark 02-27-2015 03:46 PM

Its called mail fraud. Go to Post Master with your half of the money order and ask them to file fraud suit on that address. Its a federal offense so they should act on it. I had one get lost and they gave me my money back. Has it been cashed? If so, it is also robbery.

deucehibo 02-27-2015 03:59 PM

I do not know if its been cashed but will check next week....Thanks for the info...was trying to give this person a chance to send item...if not I will do everything I can to expose him...name add numbers and etc....Just have a real bad feeling...we don't treat people this way in my part of the country...

BigBlockMark 02-27-2015 05:58 PM

Get to the Post Office ASAP and have it researched. They will not refund cash for 60 days after date of purchase in case it is just lost. But they may do something different if you think it is fraud.

deucehibo 03-01-2015 04:28 AM

Seller still wont respond to calls or text. I checked the USPS fraud info on the net, you can file a scam/mail fraud there...I think I have all of the info that is required...isn't the web wonderful...you can find out everything about anyone...am waiting until Mon. and will move after that....I know the seller still had not shipped the item as of Sat.AM

deucehibo 03-03-2015 04:43 PM

Am filing a mail fraud report...am done

deucehibo 03-03-2015 05:39 PM

This persons add num. is 182366294...BBC 540 race engine parts ....think twice before sending POSTAL MO!!!HAVE all documentation if anyone wants it...wont answer calls or text..had money sent to his sisters address...whats that tell you...only knew that fact after I had sent money order...

deucehibo 03-04-2015 01:50 PM

Contacted the Dawson county PA DA today..as well as the PA attorney general...was VERY pleased with their response...I thought they might just blow this issue off...however they said an agent would be assigned and they would get back to me soon...seems they take activity of this nature serious.. I have still not heard a word from the seller...

deucehibo 03-20-2015 05:39 AM

I must report that gladly I received the intake....3 weeks after the Money Order was sent...I have no idea what happen...This person may not have set out to scam people..he may just have been caught up in some issues...however he could have communicated what was going on and saved both of us a lot of trouble...

wmagas 11-11-2015 11:00 AM

Been a regular visitor to RJ for quite some time. I'm trying to buy a 871 blower set up from add # 182578135.....He has been extremely hard to communicate with in all forms (text, email, phone calls). He keeps saying that he is going to call and he never does. I've had dialog with him again this morning via text message and again he says hes going to call but I have not heard from him.
Is there a chance you can look into this guy and see if he is a scammer?

Best Regards
Bill Magas

Bun123 11-18-2015 06:22 PM

I have an ad listed on rj and received 3 responses from text numbers offering to pay more than the asking price if I would consider the item sold, asked for no pictures or details of the sale item and basically used the same verbiage .then adds a sad story about a family member sending me a check although i stated in the ad payment of uses money order only. Said they would pick the item up but lived in south Dakota . I live in alabama..sad you can't list an item to sell any longer and only get legitimate folks wanting to buy rather than scammers

hendo7 11-19-2016 03:09 PM

beware of [email protected] 305 900 2621

marinesracing 11-29-2016 08:29 AM

Playing with scammer right now

I have been playing a scammer along for a week, recieved his check, which is fraudulent, I have his name, email, phone number,copies of all the text messages. He is pressuring me now. I have called the credit union the fake check is from, they are starting something on their end and I'm closing it today with the contact of the FBI. Here is the info on him that he used with racing junk.
PATRICK HOWARD
EMAIL, [email protected]
PHONE NUMBER, 646-583-4146
Could you get the info to the proper people at RacingJunk,
Thank you, Ron Luks

racingroy85 11-30-2016 09:37 AM

Thanks to marinesracing for alerting RacingJunk about the scammer calling himself Patrick Howard. RJ contacted me b/c they saw he had contacted me to buy an item. They shut down his account and reposted my "sold" ad for me. Thx for the customer service RJ!

coreysmith82 02-01-2017 02:15 PM

Beware of [email protected]
Phone - 347-906-6378
Works with PCL Construction
Buying parts for a buddy for his bday
Its a "text me" number not a real phone

I have buddys but none that good to spend a few grand on him for a birthday present.

chip77 02-12-2017 08:11 AM

I have been in contact with this same guy "Bob" 347-906-6378 and he wants to do business through paypal only. Seems pushy on setting up paypal account, etc. I will check with paypal and try to determine whether he is legit...

sobeee91 02-21-2017 01:52 PM

I had the same today....

FB_100001403924928 03-07-2017 09:28 AM

I got Bob Fishered this morning too. Persistent little bastard

FB_100001403924928 03-15-2017 05:03 PM

Ross Mcintosh is another one to look out for. [email protected]

dmaxx3500 06-29-2017 03:02 PM

this scammer has texted me 3 times since 4pm,,347-906-6378,,wants to buy my 1929 model a ford coupe and only wants to use ''paypal'',

SuperComp1R 06-30-2017 04:45 AM

very interesting post, how do they screw you thru pay-pal?

Traxx1246 07-14-2017 11:23 AM

Anybody else have a problem with people sending the worst fake checks as payment?? Ive received two different checks from two different people from two different states (Fla. And Ga.). But both were mailed from the same city in Calif. and both for the same amount and on the same kind of paper and for a much larger amount than was needed. Local bank even said it was junk.

agate 08-15-2017 09:01 AM

Bob is at it again. Wants to buy my car from Canada thru PayPal...what an asshole. 347 906 6378

oversteerdriver 08-11-2018 08:34 AM

Heads up y'all...I just got an "offer to pay full price" from Ross McIntosh. Exact same wording and sob story about being wheelchair bound etc for my 1990 Spec Miata which he has to purchase ASAP via PayPal.

Here is the email I received after receiving an initial text message requesting more photos.

"Thanks for getting back to me regarding the text...I hope it is in good condition? and there wont be any cause of disappointment if i purchase it from you? I am ready to pay the asking price, i need to buy it for my Son asap, i have read through the advert and i'm totally satisfied with it,sadly i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and me being in wheelchair.I have a freight agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money,My Mode of payment is PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online, but i have it attached to my PayPal account. Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, I will be responsible for all the PayPal fees/charges on this transaction, if you don't have an account with PayPal, it's pretty easy, safe and secure to open one. Just log on to www.paypal.com I hope we can make this transaction as fast as possible,So kindly get back to me with the info below so I can work everything out!

PayPal Email:
Full Name:
Firm Price:
Phone#:

Thanks."

Anyway, watch out for this dude. And THANK YOU to all who posted the thread to warn the rest of us.

oversteerdriver 08-11-2018 08:35 AM

This is the exact email that I was contacted from: [email protected]
The text number for this person is 316-217-8834.

jrsmith440 05-27-2019 11:35 AM

Have placed 2 ads in the past 2 days. Reply to first ad was text about sending bank certified check USPS overnight mail. Second text said check was sent (Sunday of Memorial Day weekend?), excess funds, contact me with shipper information. Realized then it was a scam. Text reply to second ad started with bank certified check spiel. My reply to both has been cash or paypal only, phone call only, no texts. Is this usual for Racing Junk? This is first time I have placed ads on this site. Have used Ebay quite a bit with no problem and have also used Craigs List.

Nightlite 11-16-2019 10:58 AM

8-71

See there is an 8-71 listed with all drive accessories for 3650. The ad was on here a year or two ago for 8500. Same pictures same text but now a different username.

The phone number is in cody Wyoming, The parts are in Texas. I was given a bank account number in cedar park texas and when I looked up his supposed home address it was in the middle of a 4 lane intersection with no houses around.

Suck people have to play like that here, I could really use them parts.

Will only take a direct deposit to his new account number. No PayPal.. Says I can send half the money and when parts show up pay the rest.

Harbone 11-17-2019 05:24 AM

Flag the ad