Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   My Shipper will pick it up (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34737)

billmoney 04-17-2015 05:59 AM

My Shipper will pick it up

There are a lot of long check scammers on here right now. I have had three buyers try and get me to deposit bad checks written against major banks. They are hoping your standing balance with your bank will get them the parts and extra cash with the bogus long check.

BigBlockMark 04-17-2015 07:24 AM

Why even respond to these guys. Just don't answer. If they are email, are they sent from gmail?

jayvee34 04-17-2015 09:19 AM

Trying to prove your gmail remark? Didn't mean to start a P'ing contest,
I just felt that your remark was bias and could cause people with gmail
accounts problems with future transactions. Like I said, a scammer will use
any and every server that they can to get something for nothing.

BigBlockMark 04-17-2015 10:31 AM

I was just curious. I got 2 more emails that were scams today on my ads on Craig's List. They were both Gmail, but from the same scammer. Maybe my comments do not belong on this site, because it does not appear to be an issue here. It sure is common on Craig's list. There are others, but at least 75% are Gmail in my opinion.

Sorry to stir up the controversy, that was not my original intent.

Here are a couple examples:

"Hi, is it still available. You can email me anytime to set up an appointment to look at it . I would be more than happy to veiw it at your convenience I think i really like it.Anyhow, hope to hear from you soon. My name is Steven you can reach me at [email protected] .I look forward to hearing from you"

"Hello, I work mornings and I'm not off until Thursday so would not be able to meet you until then, I am so much interested in getting this and ready to pick it up with cash once we meet on Thursday. I could meet you at Walmart or Walgreens parking lot anytime,I drive a Light Blue Toyota Highlander but I can as well come to your house if okay by you and finalize the purchase with cash payment you. Best way to Reach me is @ [email protected] in order to set up something asap. Thank You"

jayvee34 04-17-2015 12:41 PM

I have had a couple of ads on Craig's List and I had an E-mail very much
like yours. I did not pay attention as to what Email it was. I just ignored
and deleted it. I will pay more attention to it next time I receive one.
It looks like I may be apologizing to you.

P.S. If I do, yahoo.com here I come.

BigBlockMark 04-17-2015 03:15 PM

No apology necessary, we're all here just trying to keep ahead of the very few who try to take advantage of the good guys. We're the good guys too, right?

jayvee34 04-17-2015 05:31 PM

Thanks, and absolutely.

polarbear 06-25-2015 01:01 PM

Not only gmail I have a couple from here on aol.