Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   new web site (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17584)

RonOwensRacing 06-17-2007 12:11 PM

new web site

Hey Guy's just thought i would drop you a line to let you know about my new web site it's going on rj soon as a dealer soon but i would like to get some input from you guy's that's the only way to make it better so if you would look thru and let me know what you think it's up and working but we still have to ad more parts witch takes for ever . but we will get it.
http://www.ronowensracing.com check it out and let me know what you think thanks again Ron owens :D

mcracecars 06-17-2007 01:38 PM

looking good ron. one think, i always found with white letters on dark background to be hard to read, must be old age of something.... :lol:
good luck with it

woodsman 06-17-2007 02:33 PM

Ron I would like to say that it looks like you have a very good start on your website. But I just have one thing to add if you would put in your Contact us at a bear minimum the State you are out of that way people can figure in the sales tax. Because I am from Texas and when I bought my engine from a Texas builder there was $1600.00 in sale tax alone. Well its like they say the longer you do it the better you will become so I think you have a good start. Wesley

lively 06-17-2007 05:38 PM

RON--NICE LOOKING SITE--GOOD LUCK ON MAKING IT GO AND GROW!!!! :lol: --IF YOU GET REALLY BIG JUST DON'T FORGET US MOTOR HEADS IN THE FORUM :shock: :shock: :shock:

woodsman 06-17-2007 06:10 PM

Ron one other thing that i have just noticed is that when you save to favorites all that comes up is HOME and that can get lost in a man's or womans favorites so it should come up as Ron Owens parts. I know that a person can change the name in favorites but I would not take the chance that they want. You need to keep your name fresh in their mind. Well just me thinking out loud. I do have one question, How big is your plan just want to make a living or do you want to be the next Jegs or Summit if so don't take the advice of a small town redneck like myself but one of those fine bean counters that we have so many of around. Just a thought. Well if I see anything else that might help I will let you know. Ron if you will notice I never say anything about engines because I cant help anyone with that so I said I will try my hand at this so maybe I want be wrong and nobody can correct me. I don't mind being corrected but dont like sending a man down the wrong road.Have fun with the site. Wesley

RonOwensRacing 06-17-2007 06:42 PM

Thanks guy's that's what i need is info like this and Wesley glad you mentioned that the address is on the site now good catch i overlooked that .
so please keep the suggestion coming i don't mind at all and that way i can make changes that will improve the site and i will have to check on the white letters and see if i can change it to another color that works better. keep it coming guy's thanks Ron. :D

RonOwensRacing 06-17-2007 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by woodsman
Ron one other thing that i have just noticed is that when you save to favorites all that comes up is HOME and that can get lost in a man's or womans favorites so it should come up as Ron Owens parts. I know that a person can change the name in favorites but I would not take the chance that they want. You need to keep your name fresh in their mind. Well just me thinking out loud. I do have one question, How big is your plan just want to make a living or do you want to be the next Jegs or Summit if so don't take the advice of a small town redneck like myself but one of those fine bean counters that we have so many of around. Just a thought. Well if I see anything else that might help I will let you know. Ron if you will notice I never say anything about engines because I cant help anyone with that so I said I will try my hand at this so maybe I want be wrong and nobody can correct me. I don't mind being corrected but dont like sending a man down the wrong road.Have fun with the site. Wesley

hey wesley i think i got the favorites thing fixed also i added a button on the front page that ads it and it comes up ron owens racing thanks again for your help .

lively 06-17-2007 07:21 PM

THAT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA---THE MORE IT IS NOTICED THE BETTER IT WILL BE---USE THE OLD ADAGE IN ALL THESE IDEAS[KISS]--KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID--I HAVE WENT TO LOTS OF SELL SITES THAT YOU CAN'T GET THRU WITHOUT GOING CRAZY[I DON'T BUY FROM THEM, TOOOO MUCH HEADACHE]---YOU DOING THE RIGHT THING BY LOOKING AT OTHERS IDEAS AND COMMENTS---I HOPE YOU DO GREAT IN THIS ENDEAVOR---LIVELY

woodsman 06-17-2007 07:27 PM

lively is his name coming up on your computer in favorites and address in contact us.Can you check that out. Wesley

RonOwensRacing 06-17-2007 07:28 PM

thanks lively that's kinda what i was thinking if it don't work for the customer it's not going to work for me .
so the best thing i thought was to ask what the customer thinks .
see it's working already. :D