Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   In The Pits (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   1/4 Scale Dirt Modified R/C car (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24852)

rebelworksracing 07-07-2009 01:50 PM

1/4 Scale Dirt Modified R/C car

I just wanted to show off the Radio controlled dirt modified race car I built. Its like an actual race car... what you all think.

www.rebelworksracing.com

Scooterz 07-08-2009 02:26 PM

That looks like the best scale correct modified I have ever seen. Alot of labor in them... tig welded frame, etc... hate to wreck one. That has to be one of the best production working RC race cars ever... I have 7 of them & they all are nowhere near that kind of detail. What is the preferred motor for those? Scooter

TheRabbit 07-08-2009 02:34 PM

PUT A MOMBA MAX 7700 WITH A 6400 mAh BATTERY IN IT AND LET IT FLY!! :D :D :D

Scooterz 07-08-2009 03:25 PM

Rabbit-

I have heard of them, but mine are all nitro powered. Now that the electric ones are so efficent, I wish I had one of those. I can't keep them all tuned & working at the same time!! Too much maintanence!!! That modified is awesome... at "1595.00" w/o motor & electronics, you would not want to hit the wall much!!

TheRabbit 07-08-2009 04:04 PM

That car is cool, but not practial. At least the way I drive! I've had both gas and elec. Both are fun and different. Don't ever let anybody fool you an electric will blister a gas motor at almost any kind of racing you do.
The biggest draw back to electric is down time. While you just refill the gas tank on a nitro you gotta let the elec motor cool down a long time before you throw the next battery in it. The lipo's are sick power and you can get 35 mins to 45mins of run time out of a good battery. To be honest to much power to use on a track if you're racing, but a ton of fun!!

Scooterz 07-08-2009 04:22 PM

I had no idea you get that kind of time now on those motors... & batteries too!! I have never raced any of mine. I have a couple of street cars (2spd) that are fast, but I have to tune them, use a starter box, have fresh batteries, glo-ignitor, etc... it is a ton of work just to run one car alone. Got a couple 4wd monster trucks too... they break things all the time. The ones I use the most are the buggies that are mostly stock, they last well. I think it would be fun to have a sprint car... to race a sprint car on a dirt track. Nothing here like that though. Scoot

rebelworksracing 07-13-2009 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Rabbit-

I have heard of them, but mine are all nitro powered. Now that the electric ones are so efficent, I wish I had one of those. I can't keep them all tuned & working at the same time!! Too much maintanence!!! That modified is awesome... at "1595.00" w/o motor & electronics, you would not want to hit the wall much!!

It does come with the motor. It comes with everything that's stated on the rebel tab on my website. I have wrecked this thing many times and have not damaged it.
This isn't a nitro motor...this a a Zenoah RC G230. You run straight gas and oil in it.

Scooterz 07-14-2009 09:55 AM

I did not notice that on the tab... that makes it even better!! The price to me seems justified if we are talking about a real gas motor... that is awesome!!