Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Just got back from pinks all out arm drop (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21297)

rsrsfishslayers 07-06-2008 10:13 AM

Just got back from pinks all out arm drop

We just got home what a ride. I got to do my fist wheel stand. It was not a vince, tim or todd Tosto wheelie, but I got enough air to get my attention. The car ran really well. I have to give thanks to Scott Presley who rebuilt the motor. Our first pass was a 10.90. So, Scott changed the timing and I got it down to a 10.77; we kept it right around there. We made it into the second round and was eliminated.

Well I got to do everything I wanted to do in racing. I got to run between 10 and 11 sec and got to get arm dropped by Rich. What a great weekend!! Sooon the vega will go up for sale and I will concentrate on the 29. We just picked up a blower motor for it and I will post some pics when we get done.
CPT.RON :lol: :lol: :lol:

ashtrak 07-06-2008 11:06 AM

Way to go fill your dream and keep on racing. Hopefully next year that will be me.. Take care

spib 07-06-2008 01:35 PM

way to go ron, excellent weekend you had!!!!! she is fast and bet you had fun, we had a blast in yakima, and I even went a few rounds it was awsome. It doesnt get any better then a drag strip :D

bowtie4542001 07-07-2008 02:12 AM

Congrats Capt Ron.

Glad you and the Vega did well

Chris

qtrmile2 07-07-2008 05:59 AM

Way to go Ron, Sounds like the Vega's running good. Glad you had fun. Got ant pics or video?
How does the arm drop deal work? I was thinking about going to the one in August at KCIR but how do they pair you up?
Your vega would do killer in S/ST

rsrsfishslayers 07-07-2008 08:02 PM

Thanks Vince It works like this--you make your 1st run to get your time and they had everything from street cars that ran 11.50 or quicker to dragsters. My time was 10.7. If a dragster ran a 7.80 on the 1st run we would line up and as the top bulbs light there was a small screen for both lanes and they would flash a number. Like mine was 11.20 and the dragster's was 8.40 and the one closest to the number went on to the next round. It would flash for maybe 3 sec then Rich would drop his arms and off we went. I do have video because my grandson was here for the race and is going to take it home and make a movie out of the passes I made. I will see if he knows how to post them or I will make a copy and send one to you.
CPT. RON 8) 8) 8)

qtrmile2 07-08-2008 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by rsrsfishslayers
Thanks Vince It works like this--you make your 1st run to get your time and they had everything from street cars that ran 11.50 or quicker to dragsters. My time was 10.7. If a dragster ran a 7.80 on the 1st run we would line up and as the top bulbs light there was a small screen for both lanes and they would flash a number. Like mine was 11.20 and the dragster's was 8.40 and the one closest to the number went on to the next round. It would flash for maybe 3 sec then Rich would drop his arms and off we went. I do have video because my grandson was here for the race and is going to take it home and make a movie out of the passes I made. I will see if he knows how to post them or I will make a copy and send one to you.
CPT. RON 8) 8) 8)

Thanks Ron, That would be cool.
Sounds like that is tough to do. Not sure I want to do that.
Could be fun though. :)