Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Deisel Prices (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20444)

NorthMotorSports 04-04-2008 09:30 AM

Deisel Prices

I heard from my dad that deisel is supposed to be up to 5.00 a gallon anyone else heard this :?: :?: :shock: :shock:

topcat572 04-04-2008 02:25 PM

diesel

Well, Im already paying 3.89 for my big rig now, with summer driving coming up, I dont see it coming down. :cry:

olds48 04-04-2008 04:38 PM

Right now we're at $3.89,too.Said it might hit $5 like you said.

BadMonza 04-04-2008 05:25 PM

Yea we are at 3.89 and I think it is a bunch of B.S. Who ever heard of diesel costing 50-60 cents more a gallon than super unleaded! I mean if you drive a commercial truck and you mark up your goods to cover the additional cost is one thing but the individuals who drive a diesel daily are getting the shaft. The only good thing is when the wife asks how much I paid for alcohol for my car I say 50 cents more a gallon than diesel and it makes it o.k.

kw89425 04-04-2008 07:03 PM

well as an indepedent trucker i'll tell you driving you pickup daily is nothing. try buying 300 gallons at a time at 5 mpg. as fuel goes so does everything the price of fuel is taking this country down and picking up pace. do you see anybody slowing down? i cant see it there are so many people on the road. i think if everybody would slow down just go to work and back carpool and do no extra running for awhile the price would come down as long as people keep buying and going then why should they drop the prices?

olds48 04-05-2008 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by kw89425
well as an indepedent trucker i'll tell you driving you pickup daily is nothing. try buying 300 gallons at a time at 5 mpg. as fuel goes so does everything the price of fuel is taking this country down and picking up pace. do you see anybody slowing down? i cant see it there are so many people on the road. i think if everybody would slow down just go to work and back carpool and do no extra running for awhile the price would come down as long as people keep buying and going then why should they drop the prices?

That's a good point

SST4530 04-06-2008 03:11 PM

I'm paying anywhere from 3.89 to 4.00, I get right at 20 MPG but 95 bucks a fill up 3 times a week takes a big bite out of my A$$!!!

Maybe the government should just declare a National emergency and shut the entire country down for a week. No planes and no traffic of any kind accept emergency response vehicles. Bet the price would come down then? Oil tankers would be stacked for miles waiting to unload.

Bastards :x

lanham 04-06-2008 04:11 PM

trucker

I was an independent trucker and quit because of cheap freight and high fuel prices,it is just too bad that everyone can't shut down.My truck and trailer was paid for and it costs enough just to keep the maintenance and insurance up so i just couldn't see hauling freight for nothing.I would hate to be making payments on a truck and trailer like most of the truckers are doing and just barely making a paycheck.Trucks should have went on strike when fuel hit $2.00 a gallon.

mopar1968 04-06-2008 05:29 PM

People at a truckstop where i get fuel said $6.00 by labor day. :shock: :shock:

kw89425 04-06-2008 06:05 PM

you know when fuel hit 1.50 i said i was out and i got out for awhile but theres just nothing to do that pays anything so i has to go back. thankfully i have an old truck and no big payment