Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I want to go bigger on my 65 mustang. bbf or bbc (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20453)

dragfanatic 04-05-2008 07:59 AM

I want to go bigger on my 65 mustang. bbf or bbc

What would I have to change ?
Would I be able to use my transmission if I buy a 460 big block ford (It's a 4 speed top loader transmission and a 9inch rearend )? I'm going pro-street ,weld draglite rims 18.50x31 in rear and m/t's up front . How much do I need to spend in parts to install a big block chevy and transmission? Thanks

Tod74 04-05-2008 09:02 AM

BBC :)

suicidebomb 04-05-2008 04:18 PM

This will not be done by just buying some parts and bolting either one of these engines into place. Ok, someone with good fabricating skills will be necessary! This will be pretty difficult job, one for a guy with a lot of experience, swapping engines into places theyv*e never been before!

suicidebomb

lively 04-05-2008 04:30 PM

BUILD YOU A NICE STROKER SBF AND YOU WILL BE VERY IMPRESSED/USE SOME NICE REAR GEARS/ GOOD SUSPENSION/ AND GOOD TIRES AND THEN YOU CAN HANG ON FOR A GREAT RIDE----HOW FAST AND WHAT USE WILL THIS 65 SEE?? MORE INFO WOULD HELP----ANYTHING CAN AND HAS BEEN PUT TOGETHER[ IT JUST TAKES ALOT OF THOUGHT AND HARD WORK] :shock: :shock: :shock: ---LIVELY

suicidebomb 04-05-2008 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by lively
BUILD YOU A NICE STROKER SBF AND YOU WILL BE VERY IMPRESSED/USE SOME NICE REAR GEARS/ GOOD SUSPENSION/ AND GOOD TIRES AND THEN YOU CAN HANG ON FOR A GREAT RIDE----HOW FAST AND WHAT USE WILL THIS 65 SEE?? MORE INFO WOULD HELP----ANYTHING CAN AND HAS BEEN PUT TOGETHER[ IT JUST TAKES ALOT OF THOUGHT AND HARD WORK] :shock: :shock: :shock: ---LIVELY

Excellent! wish I*d said that!
suicidebomb

Scotty2 04-06-2008 03:25 AM

Stay with the small block .....trust me .I had 4 - 69 stangs with big blocks.To change plugs you'd have to stop drinking for 2 week before, :cry: and it still was one hell of a job to get the middle 2 plugs out. :roll: lol

olds48 04-06-2008 07:12 AM

My buddy has a 460 in his '67 Mustang.Very tight to work on.Car is extremely nose heavy,too.Car has 62% nose weight.Smallblock would defenitely help with that.I'm a Chevy guy and have always had big blocks,but after watching some guys at the track,got me to wanting to build a small block.But for a street car,small blocks are way more fun.JMO

gearhead1011 04-06-2008 09:40 AM

If that '65 has the stock front clip you're gonna have to modify the spring towers to get anything bigger than a small block in it. Even a windsor will be a little hard to work on. With the right bellhousing you should be able to bolt the 460 right to the top loader and you should be able to buy an adapter for the BBC. But, I'm with lively, build a stroker for it. 8)

russ67chevelle 04-12-2008 01:40 PM

ive never seen a bbf in a chevy....but ive seen bbc in fords.....

lively 04-12-2008 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by russ67chevelle
ive never seen a bbf in a chevy....but ive seen bbc in fords.....

ONE THING THAT YOU PROVED BY THAT STATEMENT IS YOU MUST LIVE IN A CAVE

THERE IS SOME CAMAROS/ CHEVELLES/ NOVAS/ AND CHEVY TRUCKS AROUND MY PARTS THAT RUN SBF/BBF/CADS/OLDS/PONTIAC/ OR EVEN OLD STYLE HEMIS----THE CHEVY EMBLEM MEANS NOTHING AT ALL IF THEY CAN'T BUILD THE ENGINES AND GET IT TO THE GROUND

YEAH- I AM PARTIAL[ TO ANYTHING THAT SOMEONE WANTS TO BUILD] AS LONG AS THEY PUT THERE 'OWN' BLOOD /SWEAT/ AND TEARS IN IT

GROW UP AND RELIZE THERE ARE OTHER POWER PLANTS BESIDE CHEVY RUNNING AT THE STRIP AND TEARING UP THE ROADS ON CRUISES

BOY--I FEEL BETTER NOW

LIVELY