Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   beware of stolen mini cup race cars (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25641)

srnaples 09-09-2009 07:43 PM

beware of stolen mini cup race cars

I have been trying to recover my stolen chassis from this guy in Wisconsin. He is selling his red & white mini cup for $4250.00 on Race junk, & Ebay. This man can not be trusted. When he says the car has never been wrecked, this is only partially true. The chassis is good because when he crashed his last chassis he conned me into selling him one of my brand new NC chassis, in return, he was going to give me the chassis he said he was having built by another chassis builder, as it turns out, he stiffed the other builder too.

Let this be a warning to who ever has interest in this car. The chassis is stolen, and I will prove it. Ignorance of the law will not work, you will be buying stolen parts, and that is against the law, this is why the last buyer returned the car, and it is again up for sale.

ad # 1649488

contact me for more details, or help me recover my chassis from this scum bag. His name is John, but he puts everything in his kids name to avoid a prison sentence.

ashbros 09-09-2009 08:29 PM

Rip his heart out............ I can not stomach a thief

bigray 09-10-2009 09:46 AM

Not quite true. quote,,(Let this be a warning to who ever has interest in this car. The chassis is stolen, and I will prove it. Ignorance of the law will not work, you will be buying stolen parts, and that is against the law, this is why the last buyer returned the car, and it is again up for sale. ) you would still have to prove the buyer knew it was stolen!!! very hard to do,,he could still sale it to a unaware buyer,and the buyer would not be at fault,and i will state my badge on it !!

srnaples 09-10-2009 09:05 PM

Yes you are correct, if the buyer does not know he is buying stolen parts, he will not go to the slammer, but he will lose those parts to their rightful owners if caught, and the sting continues, just one more guy screwed by this con man.

This is why I post, I hope he has a hard time selling my chassis, just long enough for me to get it back from the scum bag.

It is sad, but a badge really has no power against these con men of the world, and they know it. This is how they stay in business.

cody96 09-22-2009 02:07 AM

The chassis is not stolen, he is lying and if he had proof he would have brought legal recourse upon us by now. The chassis was a sponsor deal and the last time I checked you don’t give the sponsor funds back at the end of the year. It would be equivalent to I give you $1500.00 to run my ad on your car and at the end of the year you give my money back. No not going to happen. I have kept my mouth shut till now but this guy has done nothing but try to screw with myself and my family by turning friends against us and now my customers. Luckily my friends know this guy and his lies didn’t work on them so he had to go out and tell people who don’t know him in order to be believed. I’m not the criminal here but maybe he should look up his own record. He is bordering on Libelous and threatening our well being by turning customers away. The car in the ad has nothing to do with him or anyone else. I could tell you everything but that would mean I’m stooping to his level and I’m not that way at all. He says I’m not to be trusted, he should look in the mirror.

gungho 09-22-2009 03:24 AM

This is simple,post up the contract............................

srnaples 09-27-2009 01:43 PM

minicup scam

Master builder, you hit it right on the head. If John had a sponsor agreement with me or any kind of agreement with me I think he would have produced it by now.
I did send the police to his house, and this is when he came up with this sponsor story, which as a con man he knew it would go from criminal to civil, and since he puts everything in his kid’s name that leaves him out of any civil law suit.

I also have a copy of a $5,000.00 check I wrote this con man and in the memo line was written 2 week loan. This check was written on 2-1-08 and now is very past due.

This con man has also fixed two of his trucks with parts he ordered from my account at Advance Auto Parts $1,225.00.

I also bought 1/2 ownership of his trailer for $4,500.00 which he has since sold.

If this is what people pay for a 12 year old to drive a car in three SuperCup races, I'm in the wrong business.

I was scammed by this guy and he knows it. I'm sorry if I refuse to let it go, but in the court of law he knows it will take dollars and time to win and even when I win he knows, that I will never get money from someone who doesn't have any.

And oh yea... Libel is only libel if what I'm saying is not true, and I can assure you, everything I have said here is very true.

So John... please do tell all, and let's see who has a libel suit against who.