Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Million Dollar Question!! (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21194)

Scooterz 06-24-2008 07:21 PM

The Million Dollar Question!!

Well, I have spent alot of the day talking to my archery dealers in Iowa who are recovering from tornados & flooding... a lot of devestation... many people lost everything... crops are destroyed. One of my dealers in Waterloo has a water-tower near by with a huge dent in it from a full-size truck that was thown into it @75 ft high from the prior tornados!! bad news... it was hard to hear all they have lost. Many have nothing... only a few flakey programs they have to pay back, & insurance companies who do not want to pay claims.

The queston: where is Al Sharpton? Jesse Jackson?? Where are all the Dixie Chic's, Sean Penn, & Jane Fonda to aid in the assistance & hold celebery telethons??? What happend to all the victims assistance programs & free money being handed out like in KATRINA??? Do we hear a flood of assistance from the folks who blamed our president & everyone under the sun for the failures in KATRINA??? Nope... you don't hear about the people of Iowa stealing color TV's & sterios... looting... or how they shot at the helicopters who came to help them. It's because they are survivors... farmers... people of integrity & hard workers. My allegiance goes out to the folks in Iowa!! Way to show your strength & pride!! I am sorry if i sound harsh, but I can't help but think if all the people in Iowa were black & more liberal, they may have more support right now. Anyways, the people of Iowa have my full support... they are real survivors. God Bless Iowa!!

slowmotion 06-25-2008 02:46 AM

I live near St. louis. I made the comment the other day on how the people in flooed areas are working their butts off sandbagging and moving. Not just sitting on their roof waiting for the government to come save them.

Scooterz 06-25-2008 08:13 AM

Yep, they are moving on & working hard in the face of adversity & in complete loss. Trouble is, they are mostly white people who come from farming communities & not liberalized. Because of this, they are on their own... it's really no different than Katrina- they too have Hospitals closed, roads closed, contaminated water, complete loss of homes/buisnesses, no power, etc... AND NO JESSE JACKSON TELETHONS TO HELP... Pathetic.

mopar1968 06-25-2008 08:13 AM

AMEN TO THE ABOVE!!!!!!!!!

topcat572 06-25-2008 08:27 AM

SURVIVORS

I would like for You guys to see where I live. Have You ever heard of it? My guess is No. We were ground Zero for Katrina. All what You seem to know is what You saw on TV in New Orleans. Yes what You saw did happen, I evacuated in my 18 wheeler with my 36 ft race trailer on my dropdeck. Me and my 3 dogs. I had to leave my crew cab duelly with 45,000 miles and 3 payments left. Yes I got the $2300.00 that most did receive, and most that did not leave either farther north. I had no insurance because this happened to me before. Insurance rates on a $60,000 double wide is $4800.00 a yr.My Mom had to give up a third to lawyer after 2 yrs. I felt for the tornado guy who bathed for 4 days out a jug, I did it for 4 months. 4 months to get running water and 8 months to get electric. Over a yr for phones and my dial up service. I lived in my truck with the dogs for 8 months. I now live in a 45 ft van trailer. I had a generator, but had to drive over 50 miles 1 way to get gas and mail. As of today, not even a fire station has been rebuilt. (continued]

topcat572 06-25-2008 08:40 AM

SURVIVORS

My property and truck was under 17 ft of salt water for days. I could not get thru for 3 weeks and still drove in over 2 1/2 ft of water. 4130 engine parts rotted in half. I gathered up some stuff and had to leave again when Rita passed thru, screwed everything up again. As far as goverment, see how long You and a family can live in a FEMA cracker box and keep Your sainety? Most of who stayed in New Orleans did to steal from the ones that left,but WE are not all those people. For those being flooded and hit by tornados, I do feel for You. Just had to air out, I could go on all day about the GOVERMENTS so called assistance. :roll:

slowmotion 06-25-2008 02:55 PM

Topcat I don't think we meant everybody down there acted like animals. I have a guy at work that lost everything in katrina. He moved his whole family up here and works in upper managment. I know not everybody can just up and move, but there are those down there that will live off of the governmnet the rest of their life.

Scooterz 06-25-2008 03:41 PM

My intention is certainly not to offend what anyonre has gone through... but in talking to these dealers of mine that are good friends (some I would hunt with) I have heard of the devestation & loss... I feel angry that they are not getting help & the assistance they deserve. I may only be one man in another state, but I can see the difference of attention between Iowa & New Orleans. Mostly I would like to ask all of the liberals where the hell they are now??? You know, the ones that are "celeberties" they sure had a whole lot to say about everything regarding Katrina. Do you think Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton cares about Iowa??? Nope- not unless you belong to the black community... like the "United Negro College Fund" or how about "Miss Black America"... I just see more BS hipocracey from the bleeding heart liberals... you have to be the right STATE & ETHNIC/CULTURAL group to get thier attention. My point is not undermine anyone who has had hard times, black or white. It's a hole in our political society.

TheRabbit 06-25-2008 04:26 PM

Mixed emotions about it. I can't describe how sorry I feel for all the good, hard working people that were left with nothing after Katrina and the floods in Iowa. Heard stories of people (in Katrina) drowning in their attics because they were too scared to leave their houses because of thieves. All the people we saw on TV stealing TV’s etc. should have been shot on the spot! Fema should have built a fence around New Orleans and left 'em to fend for themselves.
the worthless people of this country are living off of me and u. the hard working tax paying blacks and whites are carrying the load and it's killing us. I pay more in taxes than some people make in a year and I get ticked every time I think about it. I will pay it, but let me do something good with it like donate it to somebody that needs it and will appreciate it! I can't describe how bad I feel for some of the people and wish I could do something to help.

BadMonza 06-25-2008 05:33 PM

Well let me throw another kink in this. Yes everyone knew about Katrina and NewOrleans but what about all those towns in Mississippi just to the east of the eye of the storm that were totally destoyed. You didn't hear much from them because they got up off their ass and did what needed to be done to get their life back. Yea you also didn't hear much about Rita either because everybody was so involved in Katrina cause it hit the BIG CITY. Well let me tell you I live in southwest louisiana and it was bad. I was fortunate but I had relatives lose everything and friends at work the same. These people also got up off their ass and did what needed to be done to get their life back to as normal as possible. They didn't sit around with their hand out waiting on freebies! Nothing personal topcat but I know first hand what these folks up north mean. I see it here now that we have been flooded with a lot of the filth that was in New Orleans. Our crime rate has skyrocketed. I wish to hell they would go back! I feel for the hard working folks in Iowa and I pray that the goverment will step in and help them out like they should.