Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   TRADE PRICE HIGHER??? (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23860)

rader 04-14-2009 02:03 PM

TRADE PRICE HIGHER???

I have a Spitzer dragster on here for sale or trade and I have had people say "take a look at ad # WHATEVER". I look at it, reply to them, and then they say that the trade price is higher??? WTF??? I also had a guy want to trade on another dragster, I told him that I was'nt interested in the dragster but I would be interested in the motor that he has listed. The particular motor in question is listed at $10,000.00, my dragster is listed at $16,900.00 turn key . So I told him that I would have to have some money to boot and he said "THATS NOT GONNA HAPPEN", (exact words) because his engine is way under priced. If you are going to put an ad on here, figure out what the price is and list it!!!! :twisted:

Has anyone else had this problem???

bbchevy 04-14-2009 02:27 PM

ADS

EVERYDAY!!!
Ever drop a Magnet in a Bucket of Nails???
In Other Words,you Get THEM ALL............
Just Part of the GAME!
Later
G 8)

dparker 04-16-2009 01:20 PM

Re: ADS

Originally Posted by bbchevy
EVERYDAY!!!
Ever drop a Magnet in a Bucket of Nails???
In Other Words,you Get THEM ALL............
Just Part of the GAME!
Later
G 8)

Now thats a quote I'll have to remember...................

kw89425 04-17-2009 03:11 AM

yeah i have a dime i would like to trade for a dollar. any interest in trade i can get more dimes to trade for dollars. this is firm dont waste my time. thanks

hammertime 04-18-2009 06:05 PM

Happens everyday all over the www. trade value higher I dont understand it either

dparker 04-19-2009 09:01 AM

Re: TRADE PRICE HIGHER???

Originally Posted by rader
I have a Spitzer dragster on here for sale or trade and I have had people say "take a look at ad # WHATEVER". I look at it, reply to them, and then they say that the trade price is higher??? WTF??? I also had a guy want to trade on another dragster, I told him that I was'nt interested in the dragster but I would be interested in the motor that he has listed. The particular motor in question is listed at $10,000.00, my dragster is listed at $16,900.00 turn key . So I told him that I would have to have some money to boot and he said "THATS NOT GONNA HAPPEN", (exact words) because his engine is way under priced. If you are going to put an ad on here, figure out what the price is and list it!!!! :twisted:

Has anyone else had this problem???

Its not that big of a deal to me. I understand that when your buying, selling, or trading something, supply and demand dominate the price. If I need something now I'm much more likely to buy at a higher price, than if I'm purchasing to resell later. Saying that trade price is higher is just someone wanting to establish a little buying or selling leverage on their product, and everyone trades and buys differently. As long as you buy or trade in the range that your happy with, what difference does it make. Bottom line is if they're trading price is higher so is yours. If both items are priced retail or if both items for trade are priced at wholesale its a wash.

rvd520 04-19-2009 12:40 PM

every "trader" on here is a joke. People who offer to trade actually want you to pay 5k more than their POS is really worth. I drove to meet a 50 something year old guy this weekend on a "trade"...he had to let his 16 year old son make the decision... what a joke. Seems no one on here can trade equal value for equal value.. the "tradee" or person you offer the trade to has to get the upper hand.. and I mean by a lot.. not 1 or 2k difference. Ill trade my 5k car for your 800 dollar hollar!!!! Then you will get a deal done..

bjuice 04-19-2009 04:49 PM

the only way i can 1/2 way see the trade Higher thing is this...
" If i need to sell something and i need the cash because i need to get rid of a toy etc......then i am not interested in a trade..I want cash..right ??

Now if a guy comes along and wants to pay me 1/2 the cash i need for my item and wants to trade me for the difference..then that means i gotta take possesion of someone else Junk they didn't want and now i gotta invest more of my time to sell their stuff just to clear my own cash back out of the deal...and just when you try to sell their stuff some other dude wants to trade you intstead of paying you....or you cannot Move their crap and you end up stuck with it.....cause 9x out of 10 someone wanting to trade you has something NOT NEAR as nice as what you are wanting to sell... (done experienced this more then i care to speak about)

So in this situation yes i can see where someone would say a trade value is Higher....Maybe they should stop advertising it and just do it...maybe that would make the low ballers and traders feel a little better about it the deal.

And if you think this trade higher value thing is New...then you must not have traded in a car to a dealership for a new car...

My advise is just pay a person straight up and you don't have to worry about it.......otherwise prepare to get the Short end...thats just business..

Just My opinion...! :D