Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrical (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   how to turn on shift point with a biondo box (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24616)

mojomal 06-14-2009 07:52 PM

how to turn on shift point with a biondo box

've been running a mega 450 box for the past year with no problem. I decided to install co2 shifter and now need the shift point option in the box. I've read the 20 page book and configured the wiring correctly (I think) in test mode I can get the it to shift once , again this is in test mode per manual. when I toggle through modes I get to the screen that displays what’s on and off and the shift point is always off can anybody correct what I’m doing wrong ? or would a separate rpm activator box be the way to go?

Tod74 06-14-2009 08:00 PM

This topic just came up in another thread and it was mentioned that using the delay box to activate the shifter is illegal in NHRA AND IHRA...so IF you plan to run either of those you may want to use a seperate rpm switch such as MSD.

jmarksdragster 06-15-2009 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tod74
This topic just came up in another thread and it was mentioned that using the delay box to activate the shifter is illegal in NHRA AND IHRA...so IF you plan to run either of those you may want to use a seperate rpm switch such as MSD.

Not sure where this came from, using a timer in the delay box is quite common to shift the car with, especially in Super Comp where it is usually shifted while on the stop, when it comes off the stop it is already in second gear and won't be as violent. It is a fixed time that can not be changed during the run. What they don't want is a computer adjusting the shift point DURING the run to control the ET.

Is it a powerglide? You only need it once.

hammertime 06-15-2009 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by jmarksdragster

Not sure where this came from, using a timer in the delay box is quite common to shift the car with, especially in Super Comp where it is usually shifted while on the stop, when it comes off the stop it is already in second gear and won't be as violent. It is a fixed time that can not be changed during the run. What they don't want is a computer adjusting the shift point DURING the run to control the ET.

Is it a powerglide? You only need it once.

He is correct it can shift by TIME only through the mega series box .. if by rpms its a no no

Tod74 06-15-2009 09:17 PM

OOPS. :oops: I guess I misunderstood, sorry.

hammertime 06-16-2009 05:27 AM

OOPS. :oops: I guess I misunderstood, sorry.

No problem :D

Whats sad is, it seems like weekly someone at local race tracks argue with me that they can shift the car with the delay box by rpms, I explain no, no tach can be hooked to the box it is illegal. They dont understand and prob never will untill they so somewhere that actually techs a car.