Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Avery...Time to check in (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18210)

chevguy65 08-28-2007 03:58 PM

Avery...Time to check in

Whats up?
Where ya been?

I hope all is well and you have just been chillin...

lookingaround 08-30-2007 12:09 PM

hey ole buddy im here. took the family on vacation to the mountains for a few days. had to get away for a bit. been doing good dad is doing better. try not to stay gone for so long but you know how it goes got to help the family out first play second.

chevguy65 08-30-2007 03:27 PM

Hey my friend.

Glad you got away and especially happy to hear your dad is doing better.
You are so right, family always comes first.

Just glad to see you here again.

lookingaround 08-30-2007 04:01 PM

so how is the gang? perry still getting the scammers and you bjuice and the others been holding down the fort i see

lotsof454sss 08-30-2007 04:13 PM

Hello Avery, Good to hear from ya..I been scarce also as having puter problems again....Glad to hear your Dad is improved and also good on the family outings too..I need to get to Fontana, Nc this year and take a break also..Think we will go in Nov. to Fontana Village..How is the Mustang coming along..Bring us up to speed :lol:

bjuice 08-30-2007 06:08 PM

WAAAAAAZZZZ UP AVERY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know how us old FARTS are...we just linger and linger...lol...

My grandma was born in Fontana N.C......VERY NICE PLACE !!!

Glad your pops is doing ok..take care of him,,ya only got one !

as you Tenneseean's would say....

YOU-IN'S TAKE IT EASY !!!!

Brian

zipper06 08-30-2007 08:06 PM

Good to see you back Avery, like a previous posters said take care of family first, glad dad's better we only go around once.
Same thing happened to me about 4mos. ago when i didn't show up for a while, BJ was sending out flares, thought i had wondered away from the house and couldn't find my way home (could happen i guess at my age) But then Perry spilled the beans, him and BJ just wanted to get to all my race parts before my family sold them in a yard sale, can you imagine that? Don't answer.
Hey do you know a guy over there who crashed his show class Anglia in his 300 ft. drive way. I bought the glass blower hood and side panels from him. It was the only thing left that was any good, it was sitting in the grass and not on the car at the time, just curious.

Zip.

lookingaround 08-31-2007 12:43 PM

no i dont know him. where is he from

zipper06 08-31-2007 02:42 PM

I think (Cedar Hill), i know his wife took the hood to a truck line in Lenoir to ship it to me. he was still on crutches after 10 mos. and 6 sugerys to repair his feet and ankles and feet. he told me he had been working the carbs (it was blown car) and stepped inside to fire it up, it went down the driveway and across the road into 2, 75 ft pine trees and totalled the car and almost him too.

Zip.

lookingaround 09-01-2007 05:48 AM

cedar hills isnt but like 5 minutes from me. i never heard about it. do you know what his name was

zipper06 09-01-2007 06:13 AM

if i remember correctly his name was Dave, i don't recall his last name ever being mentioned and of couse the box is long go that the hood came in. the accident would have been in 2005, because i bought the hood off ebay in may 06. The car was a b/blk blown Anglia with carbs, blk in color. i do have a pic. of the car before it was wrecked.

Zip.

lookingaround 09-01-2007 07:43 PM

man i cant place him. heck in this small town you think i would have heard about it.