Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis and Suspension (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mono shock front suspension dragsters (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22388)

sgchevy2nova 11-29-2008 05:49 PM

Mono shock front suspension dragsters

hey i'm looking at buying a mono shock front suspension dragster that is 235" long but is a hardtail in the rear does anybody have any input on this type of dragster if so please either post it on here or give me a call 601-720-5139 thanks
Kevin

hammertime 11-29-2008 06:49 PM

Re: Mono shock front suspension dragsters

Originally Posted by sgchevy2nova
hey i'm looking at buying a mono shock front suspension dragster that is 235" long but is a hardtail in the rear does anybody have any input on this type of dragster if so please either post it on here or give me a call 601-720-5139 thanks
Kevin

Kevin is it a diamond front shock setup ? If so I can give you some good info

sgchevy2nova 11-29-2008 07:52 PM

yes it is a diamond front end

hammertime 11-29-2008 08:16 PM

yes it is a diamond front end

Here is my best thoughts on this, as good as a rear suspended car No, does it help yes. Helps in a few ways,
1. The main reason I have it on my car even with the rear suspension, a typical 4 link/swingarm car lifts the left front tire up and out of the beams, the front suspension leaves both front tires on the ground improving your reaction times.

2. It helps with chassis flex on small bumps on a track, and on the brakes.Not saying you can slam them like you can with a rear suspended car but can get on them harder then a slipjoint or hardtail car. A little safer setup IMO

3. In the pits, your body wont be hurting the next day after one of the tracks that has less then great pits, you really have to hit a hole hard to even feel it.

Most people go the front suspension route because its a cheaper alternative to doing the rear suspension. Diamonds front setup is the nicest out there and works great. If you would like any other info about them feel free to give me a call tomorrow 517-677-6406

sgchevy2nova 11-29-2008 08:22 PM

thank you for all the input its helped alot i just haven't ever really heard of the front suspension on dragsters and i didnt want to trade my corvette off that works amazing for a dragster that had a suspension on the front incase it wasnt any good but once again thanks for the input on this its really helped alot

dparker 11-29-2008 08:28 PM

David problably knows as much as anyone one front suspension dragster. But although the front suspension is better than without, if I had to choose I'd much rather have a rear suspension 4 link car with no front suspension over a front suspension no rear 4 link car. JMO

hammertime 11-29-2008 08:36 PM

thank you for all the input its helped alot i just haven't ever really heard of the front suspension on dragsters and i didnt want to trade my corvette off that works amazing for a dragster that had a suspension on the front incase it wasnt any good but once again thanks for the input on this its really helped alot

If you want I can take a peak at some pics of the cars and give you my input.

sgchevy2nova 11-29-2008 08:37 PM

i'd love to have a swingarm car or 4link dont get me wrong but i'm really looking to get into a dragster next year and this is the first thing that has really popped up to us is this car with the front suspension and i'm just not sure what to think about it the one person that lives down here around me says stay away from it but another person says go for it so i dont know

hammertime 11-29-2008 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by dparker
David problably knows as much as anyone one front suspension dragster. But although the front suspension is better than without, if I had to choose I'd much rather have a rear suspension 4 link car with no front suspension over a front suspension no rear 4 link car. JMO

I agree, I have a few buddies who have only front suspended cars that swears they would drive as good as a rear suspended, problem is they havent drove a rear suspended car. Rear suspended has a lot of upsides but a front suspension has a lot of upsides over no suspension.

sgchevy2nova 11-29-2008 08:38 PM

david if you have a racespace you can go on there and search for profiles and type in cx89 and it will pop up and will have pictures of it