Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   No "Pro Class" at Quaker City (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19761)

bsahall 02-06-2008 06:16 AM

No "Pro Class" at Quaker City

Just to lat everyone know, Quaker City has done away with the Pro Class for the Saturday races. If you are running for points, you have to be in Footbrake class or Super Pro.

andamo 02-07-2008 05:13 AM

I know it's a longer tow on Saturday's, but the payout at PRP is much better and guaranteed. They also have Mod class which is like Pro class was at Quaker City. Quaker kind of makes me mad too in that I could get in before to spectate for $5.00 since I'm over 60 years old. Now they raised that to age 65. That place needs a change or ownership to survive and prosper.

bsahall 02-07-2008 05:46 AM

I started the '07 season last year at PRP and even joined the points there.
When Quaker reopened in June, I went back to there and joined the points at Quaker. There is a lot of guys that race with transbrakes that will now be running in superpro because of the change. I will be going back to PRP, even though I have raced at Quaker for a few years.

andamo 02-07-2008 07:33 AM

I hate to say it, and I don't want to influence a racers choice, but I'm afraid Quaker is in a downhill spiral. When Mark took over the running of the track last year, it had the potential to come back to the Mossey years. But when he got the rug pulled out from under him, after everyone paid their pit spot fees, it left a lot of racers unhappy.
You won't be disappointed with PRP at all. And if you are, look up Greg Miller in or near the tower. He's been the person most responsible in making the track a racers friendly place. The season will be short this year so they can get started on getting the renovations done in time for spring. It'll be a mess in early 2009, but it'll be worth it in the long run. Send me a PM letting me know what you run and I'll look you up. I help out on one of the T/S cars that run in the Door Jamz series and a Mod car also.

27keith 02-07-2008 07:51 PM

:oops: :roll: :twisted: :wink: I'm betting most go to footbreak not S/Pro.

bsahall 02-08-2008 06:21 AM

After you spend to get your car set up to launch with a tranny break and 2-step....it ain't right. If they were to set the footbrake class to cut off at 11.50 instead of 10.00, they would have more cars in pro running for points.

denn468 02-08-2008 02:21 PM

if everyone new that quaker was going to be around for a couple of years they may come back to race but they raise the prices make all of these changes then they wonder why they can draw any cars i asked them why they changed from pro to footbake they said that the 20 points racers they had last year wanted it that way i think it should be done like 42 does it they poll all racers online and take a survey before they make changes 20 people making the decision dont make sense but thats only my 2 cents

bsahall 02-08-2008 05:56 PM

I was never asked my thoughts on the change! Seems they only polled a select few to develope a new program for 2008. Sure, there were only a few drivers in the Pro class for points, but, lets not forget, QCR didn't reopen till June and the 2006 Pro drivers joined points at other tracks.
The Pro class had quite a bit of cars, it's just they were not in the points. Not to mention the fact that some of the foot brake cars double entered foot brake and pro classes. The street legal class had 3 drivers for points in 08...was that class dropped? NO!!!
Your right, it should have been a poll with all drivers and not just a select few. Dragway 42 had an open poll about the time trials. I race there maybe a couple times a year, but at least they wanted input from all racers.

27keith 02-08-2008 09:08 PM

I have not been asked a single question about the pro class in about 5 yrs. However, I know there has been meetings.

dragkingus 02-09-2008 03:44 PM

I THINK THAT QCR WOULD BE ALOT BETTER TRACK IF IT WAS RAN BY A BUNCH OF CHIMPS. YOU CANNOT DO AWAY WITH A CLASS THAT YOU HAD FOR YEARS AND EXPECT TO KEEP THE STAGING LANES FULL.(WHAT A PUTTS) QCR WAS A MUCH BETTER TRACK WHEN THEY HAD T&T ON FRIDAY AND RACED SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. THE OWNER OF THE TRACK IS A BUSINESS MAN NOT A DRAGSTRIP OPERATOR. BUT TO MAKE IT CUT AND DRY ME AND ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WILL BE RACING AT OTHER REAL RACETRACKS.