Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Location, Please read and fill out your Profiles (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18143)

zipper06 08-21-2007 12:57 AM

Location, Please read and fill out your Profiles

(why is it)
That so many people come on here and donot say where they are from?

I think RJ should make it manditory in their profile to list what state they are from, for those that donot tell where they are from, WHAT? are you possible scammers, are you running from the law? Most of the regulars know where each others is from and donot have trouble posting their where abouts. I see people bitching everyday in the scammer feedback, but donot give their location, who even knows if you have a right to bitch.
Now i know that the mods, can see where you are from by your IP addy, and some other smart people can also track your login, but that's not the point. There's is no reason to be secretative here on the forum unless you have something to hide.

just my .02

Zip.

topsportsman1 08-21-2007 01:11 AM

I'd have to agree with you Zip,people should put in their profiles where they are from Etc.

It only takes a few minutes of your time to fill out the profile,If you need help doing it,just ask someone.

Please update your profiles folks

spib 08-21-2007 04:51 AM

zip even more funny is when someone is full of crap and people are calling him on it and someone logs on to back him up, new member with one post and none info to me the guy is backing him self with a fake new sign up, now if perry or tom or zip or brian or anyone else thats on here daily backed him then ,yes he must be ok, my opion

Robert1320 08-21-2007 05:32 AM

Too many people hiding on the interweb.
Witness relocations and the like....... :shock:

Most don't even have real name...
Much less a location...

cepx111 08-21-2007 11:44 PM

The internet is their alter ego.

allstarmom 08-23-2007 07:11 AM

some folks like to hide,or they could be afraid of scammers,just a guess.

Racefab57 08-23-2007 05:37 PM

You guys know me - d.rockell, racefab57, presently in n.y.state. soon to be from mebane n.c. for the record zip,LOL<LOL<. David.

allstarmom 08-23-2007 07:09 PM

or a person could be from a small town and don,t want to post that info,I know thats the case for me.

chevguy65 08-23-2007 08:56 PM

I think everyone knows where I am from and if not all you need to do is ask.

I feel location should be a part of getting an account on the forum, maybe at some point that can happen.

If not, add your location, no need to be shy here :P

zipper06 08-23-2007 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by allstarmom
or a person could be from a small town and don,t want to post that info,I know thats the case for me.

PS, i was born in a small town in Ala. and lived there until i was 12 yrs. old. All my closest relative are burried at Browns Gap on sand Mountain

When i started this thread, it was meant to be about people who complain in the scammers section and others who back them up, all without any knowledge of who they are.
I totally agree about being in a small town, i personally in live in a one dog town (2 until mine died) not even a red lite. I too did not list my town because i have close to $100,000.00 in cars and race parts and could easily be found out where i live and robbed blind when i'm not at home, even though crime is next to "0" where i live and i usually donot lock my doors or cars.
The point i was trying to make is that there is or should be no sercetcey when complaining or challenging some one in that section.

Zip

allstarmom 08-24-2007 04:48 AM

I live on sand mountain in jackson county,its a very big county,shows ya how small the world is.

lively 08-24-2007 11:17 AM

AT THE LEAST THE STATE SHOULD BE LISTED!!!---MY 2 CENTS :lol: :lol: :lol:

zipper06 08-24-2007 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by lively
AT THE LEAST THE STATE SHOULD BE LISTED!!!---MY 2 CENTS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right on Track :)

Zip.

bignastygs 08-24-2007 01:34 PM

I live in Loganton, Pa and probably am the only Buick guy(or owner) on here... :mrgreen:

topsportsman1 09-01-2007 06:30 AM

Thanks guys,those of you that have already updated your profiles,I appreciate it as well as some of the others.

Its not a big secret where you are from,the State will do as it shows your authenticity to the forum,as well to RJ classifieds.

By doing this update it will make it alot easier for others when communicating,meaning,maybe someday you can help others locating an individual,or find someone in your area.Someone always knows someone.
Please update

It also helps some of the guys on here when they give out information to you.Some don't like to give out any info to you if you won't do the same,so with that said,lets all join together here,I am being bombarded with PM's here from others wanting to know info,So please join in and help out here.It will make a better place

Thanks
Tom
RJ Admin.

mcbugs73 01-18-2008 07:09 PM

new profile

[c I finished my profile last week, I cant belive how many guy's I have met! realy kool:D olor=darkred][/color] :D

badgs 04-19-2008 03:24 AM

bignastgs I am s buick owner as well.now there two.

LConline 04-23-2008 09:36 AM

Test

Just testing to see if my avatar works?

DeadlyEmbrace 10-31-2010 03:44 PM

Well I am from smithfield nc ,hour from Raleigh towards the coast . Not to many come here as many as I have seen that is a member . I goto swap meets as much as possible to sell as a vendor . Next one is thanksgiving fair grounds . Anyone ever been ? I got a few cars fr sale as well . I cannot fix them all so gota let go . Two 66 fairlanes and a 66 GT cyclone . Also have a 406 3 duce new motor that needs a good home .

DeadlyEmbrace 10-31-2010 03:46 PM

Next swap is Ohio fairgrounds at thanksgiving ,(typo screw up above)

painter 06-30-2014 01:56 PM

I just posted on the new guy page. My name is Toby but I've gone by Painter for years. Drag racer, Painter and body man for too long, lived in Michigan for too many cold winters and moved to Murfreesboro, TN 10 years ago. Zip is 37128. Now I get to live in the hot summers.

Hello and good luck to all.

marinesracing 11-16-2016 07:43 AM

I haven't been here for a couple years, paid for new renewal, my profile is still here but can't change change anything and what happened to our pictures we posted on our builds we posted and one last thing why are all the posts dated 2007. Thanks Ron

Harbone 11-18-2016 07:13 AM

Ron,
The tab that used to be at the top to connect o your proile went away during the last upgrade. Here is way to get your profile until they put the tab back up. From there you sould b able to change the profile and see your pictures
Click on the "my account" at the top of the RJ main page, half way down the next page on the right look for the "manage racespace" tab and click on it. Now on the next page on the yellow banner look for "my profile" on the far left. That will get you to your RJ page. They are surrently working on getting a direct link tab back in place here shortly
I do not see where all the posts are showing 2007?

40bowtie 09-08-2021 12:03 PM

I cant even see my profile anymore,much less see my mail