Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tire Kicker!! (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19403)

hammertime 01-03-2008 11:58 AM

Tire Kicker!!

Ok I normally would never do this for a tire kicker, because they are more common then the honest guy. But this guy really has been a true tire kicker !! :evil:

I am listing a car for a friend Ad #1061623. Its a dragster and he was listing as a bare chassis to a complete roller. The guy calls on sunday several times, they make a deal on monday for a complete roller. Which meant my buddy had to put it all back together in a short time no big deal he needs to sell it. On Tuesday he and a few others put the car all back together. The guy calls on wed and confirms he will be here on saturday to pick it up. Good deal ! Today he calls back and backs out of the deal !! What a jerk off IMO !! He knew this car was apart and needed put back together.

RJ Name- plumkett

Phone and Name ! 205-495-0522 thanks terrance
email -- Butrflykizs0304@ aol.com

use caution if you deal with this guy !

hotrodharley 01-04-2008 06:59 AM

i agree with you on that wasn't good dealing.BUT ON POSTIVE SIDE;;at least he called and informed your buddy he wasn't buying..you was lucky on that part;;instead him not calling and waiting all day for a no show and then him not answering phone calls would be worse;;BUT THAT WAS WRONG ON HIM BACKING OUT AFTER YOUR BUDDY WENT TO ALL THAT WORK PUTTING BACK TOGEATHER;

Gimmethakick 01-04-2008 10:18 AM

Always get a deposit before doing any work. If they won't give one then they are not serious. If they do give one then back out keep it.

hammertime 01-04-2008 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Gimmethakick
Always get a deposit before doing any work. If they won't give one then they are not serious. If they do give one then back out keep it.

I agree and he would have but being the New Years he would have never got it in time when he needed to put it together anyways it was a judgement call. He decided this time he isnt going to put anythin together or take anything apart untill they are there with the money. Maybe best move, sure was a lot of work to put a car together in a day.

Gimmethakick 01-05-2008 06:43 AM

Lesson learned.

Gdaddy 01-05-2008 09:53 AM

if i pulled the running gear out of my Trans AM thats for sale everytime someone said they was coming to get it the bolts would be worn out..im not touching anything until i get a deposit..then you know they are serious...

lively 01-05-2008 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gdaddy
if i pulled the running gear out of my Trans AM thats for sale everytime someone said they was coming to get it the bolts would be worn out..im not touching anything until i get a deposit..then you know they are serious...

IN MOST CASES IF THEY SAY THEY WANT IT / AND THE CAR HAS TO BE TOOK APART OR CHANGED FOR THE DEAL--THEY SHOULD SEND SOME KIND OF DEPOSIT/ EVEN IF IT IS SMALL!!!---LIVELY

jdracecars 01-11-2008 06:39 AM

THIS IS FUNNY!!! I THOUGHT THESE PEOPLE ONLY CALLED ME!!

Well it's comforting to know that I'm not the only person this has happened to. The last guy wanted my car rolling. He sounded like a pretty nice, straight and upfront guy who insisted he wanted it over and over and called me two to three times a day straight for a week to see when I'd have the motor out. I told him I'd take a day off work and get the motor out and he could have it by the weekend but I wanted to make sure your coming. Yes I'll be there was his reply. Well that was the last time I talked to this jerk off from Cape May, New Jersey. I pulled the motor out for nothing and ended up having to reassemble it for someone who wanted it turnkey. I called him several times just to give him a piece of my mind but the coward won't answer his phone!!!

For those of you who are regulars here on the Junk we all know the piece of crap I'm talking about from Cape May, New Jersey. For those of you who don't, if some fast talking, seem to know it all calls you from a 609 area code it's more then likey him.

One of these days you'll get a little of your own medicine pal!!

jjentracing 01-11-2008 12:12 PM

Buyers that backout

Hammertime, I know the feeling. I listed my dads altered on here and it sells within a week. Guy sends deposit and says he'll be here in a week. He asks how big my dad is and etc and I tell him I have drove the car and I am 6'2" 240. My dad is smaller, but his car has a larger cage than my dragster. My dad is persistent the whole time to leave the motor and trans in the car until he arrives, but the buyer insists on taking it off before he gets here. He gets here and says he cannot fit in the car, but does not try. Take it now that he was very short and probably pushing 300, but it made a lot of work for us for nothing. We ended up putting the motor and trans back in and he ended up deciding to keep the car and painting it this winter. It all worked out for the best in the long run.

bjuice 01-11-2008 12:27 PM

i told this story a while back but i guess its worth another mention just to add my 2 cents.

back 4 years ago i had a 89 camaro 10.5 outlaw car,,nice car..no junk..i came across a 69 camaro super gas car that i liked...the owners name at the time was "BIG" George Cameron "heavy chevy68"...anyhow he and i struck a deal on a trade and cash and i was to drive up to woodbridge VA from S.C. for the trade....(roller for roller)...anyhow my car was 100% race ready. We spoke several days on the deal sending back and forth pictures,,hours of long distance phone calls on MY END....we struck the deal and i was to leave out for Va Saturday Morning ..this was Thursday night....its was winter time and raining hard and cold..this is before my shop was built..so i was in the rain and cold pulling out my motor and tranny up until the early morning hours..Just me and the wife on hand..SHE WAS HOLDING THE LIGHT !!!

So i called this clown back on Friday and he would not answer his phone etc..the same crap some people do...then i get an e-mail saying he is sorry this wasn't like him etc...i told him what i thought of him and moved forward..
the next day i get an e-mail from a guy from somewhere far off asking me what was the deal on My 89 camaro :?: :roll: ..This George guy had represented my camaro as his own and was trying to sell the car to this man......of course i filled him in on Mr Cameron.

It cost me a lot of hard work..busted knuckles,half dead with flu from lying in the rain.....

anyhow last time i told this story..i had someone get on here and tell what a great guy George was becuase they had dealt with him and the deal went down good....well i do not remember who this person was ..but i can assure you that just because your deal went down good doesn't quailfy this man as a good person or trader....good honest people do not pull the junk he did to me..and tried to do to someone else with my car..PERIOD !

this happened to me one time..and it never has happened again...live and learn..

this Big George Cameron suppose to be 6ft 5 inches and 350lbs,,,awful big man to be so small in character...it was a good thing we were 700 miles apart at that time...

my tire kicker story.

Brian