Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GAS PRICES!!!!!!!! (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17360)

cepx111 05-22-2007 09:06 PM

GAS PRICES!!!!!!!!

Okay we did the one day boycot only to have the big oil companys laugh at us and raise gas prices again, I mean the very day before the boycout they went up in my area almost a dime and seemingly for no reason whatsoever other than to retalliate for us boycouting them.
As memorial day weekend approaches us again it seems there are getting ready even sooner than last year with gas prices rising this week nearly another dime or so and we all know that it will go up even futher by the weekend.
This is senseless and just plain price gouging, I mean they say they do it to make people drive less and conserve but we all know that doesnt work we all have to pay the price and we all do and in the end they will have recorded another year of record profits.
I think we need to do another boycout but it needs to be more than one day and it needs to be focused on only company say (EXX#$) for example, till they lower the price period!
If your fed up with gas prices start now by BOYCOUTING ( EXX%^) !!!

cepx111 05-23-2007 09:16 PM

Gee thx guys for all the support.

buffjhsn1 05-24-2007 12:57 PM

i'm thinking of buying exon mobile stock, we all know the price isn't going down, might as well recoup some of the price!

i agree it's crap, but what u gonna do about it? i gotta drive to work, so..... i guess we all could get hay burners?? or maybe tom will let me ride his goat to work? :shock:

ash 05-24-2007 09:15 PM

Or maybe just start driving a bit slower on the freeway.......say going 60-62mph instead of 70-75??? :) I've noticed a big difference in my milage. It doesn't make that big of a delay in my e.t.a. Try it, you just might like it! :D

cepx111 05-31-2007 10:37 PM

Screw that, I wanna be the first one to the track!!!!
I only drive the speed limit on the way home.

ash 06-01-2007 01:01 AM

Well, if you don't want to do anything about how much you are paying for a tank of gas, such as making last longer, you probably shouldn't complain about it. :lol: I don't like paying over $3 a gallon anymore than the next guy, but the gas companies are not going to do any of us any favors anytime soon. Sooooo...... the only way us regular people can do anything about it is to p!$$-off the gas companies by getting better milage!! 8)

chevguy65 06-01-2007 04:34 AM

My .02

What we need to do is to vote into law a mandate that any politician that has any ties to oil, or is in the pocket of a major oil company be slapped with a felony and prosecuted...yeah like that will happen...

So, the next best thing is government regulation, again, yeah that will come to pass.

Lastly, we rise up as a nation and start siphoning gas from every politicians car, every oil company big wigs car and anyone that works for gas stations.

I mean they are stealing from us, lets return the favor.

I am as sick as any of you of the high gouging prices of gas, but I can tell you that boycotts, and slowing down will NOT make even the slightest dent in oil company profits.

You have to take a stand, but it HAS to be done as a NATION!
And until the masses wake the hell up and see what is happening then all we can do is suffer through it.

Personally, I would love to meet with the President's, CEO's of each Major oil company for five minutes. Once out of their comas I think prices would fall :wink: :P :wink:

jimmybiggs 06-01-2007 05:41 AM

here in Delaware the price of regular dropped 14 cents on Tuesday (after Memorial Day) ..... I think America has spoken and are not driving as much...... Gasoline has a very short shelf life

lanham 06-01-2007 03:24 PM

The way it looks to me is the higher gas gets the more people run the roads.I-75 here in KY is loaded up everyday and the only time its not is when you get out very early when everyone else is in the bed.The thing about me is at home i can find some kind of work to keep me busy,and i don't leave too often unless we go racing.But i would say that 90% maybe more of people have to find elsewhere to get entertained.The funny thing is that their house is their biggest investment and they probably are there the least amount of time.On the news today i saw where we are going to start getting ripped off on milk, go figure.But think about this,if you were high up like a politician and was offered big kickbacks to fill your pockets to just sitback and let all of this happen would you do it or not.Something should be done to stop this but who knows.

ash 06-01-2007 06:23 PM

Does anyone know a "out-of-work-sniper" willing to work cheap?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: You know, a few less over paid CEO's , the better!! :shock: ( oops, did I just say that out-loud??) :lol: