Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine Tech (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Big block or Small block (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18073)

tommynos 08-13-2007 10:22 AM

Big block or Small block

this is the debate we have had on our forum,so lets see how close this actually is on this forum,the votes were sort of "tainted"by a one(camaro74454)he loves the big blocks and im a small block guy,i dont care if i was filthy rich, im still a small block guy,i like power from the unexspected.....

ill run a poll,if you have info on why,post it up :D

camaro74454 08-13-2007 10:51 AM

Hahahaha, silly fool you will lose here even more then there...They don't play here...Welcome to the home of the big boys...This is going to be great.....oh I voted Big Block.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa 08-13-2007 11:03 AM

Bigger Big blocks are better than small big blocks so small blocks dont compare. Plus a big block just sounds better. :shock:

bjuice 08-13-2007 11:20 AM

ha ha ha ..i love it..the oldest debate in history of racing..almost as good as Chevy vs Ford..
i was a small block guy all my life until 4 years ago and mind you i am into my 40's...well i got my 1st BBC (511 CI) and fell in love...this thing will pull effortless compared to my older small block's.....since then i have aquired a 632 all aluminum Big Block Big chief Motor..sheet metal intake with a pair of Chuck Nugtten dominaters....Although i have not run this motor yet i did watch it run in a 3300 lb vette with a 410 gear and 33 inch talls tires on a PITIFUL TRACK and it ran a 5.01et at 142mph...

keep in mind i have a 2100 lb car and a 4.30 gear...SO WHAT WILL IT RUN ???????

i did have one of the baddest ( my opinion) steel headed small blocks alcohol injected motors on the east coast a couple of years back..it made 1,000 hp at 9% over drive and could have been squeezed a little more...

so there is no replacement for displacement..i am a BBC man for life.

Brian

tommynos 08-13-2007 11:32 AM

well this is my dream motor,a 400 twin turbo 1st gen :shock: if i tell you this car had a small block and then layed the smack down on most cars,thats a surprise...

if i tell you i have a big block,your exspecting me to win...its like being a world champion,imo,i dont think its easy defending the tittle when someone can sneak up and take it.... :P
http://camaroforums.hqforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=478
this is my dream motor...

i like the sleepers,my 6 banger runs with most big blocks,and its untuned...(of course it took out my camaro to :D )but it wont happen again...

tommynos 08-13-2007 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by bjuice
ha ha ha ..i love it..the oldest debate in history of racing..almost as good as Chevy vs Ford..
i was a small block guy all my life until 4 years ago and mind you i am into my 40's...well i got my 1st BBC (511 CI) and fell in love...this thing will pull effortless compared to my older small block's.....since then i have aquired a 632 all aluminum Big Block Big chief Motor..sheet metal intake with a pair of Chuck Nugtten dominaters....Although i have not run this motor yet i did watch it run in a 3300 lb vette with a 410 gear and 33 inch talls tires on a PITIFUL TRACK and it ran a 5.01et at 142mph...

keep in mind i have a 2100 lb car and a 4.30 gear...SO WHAT WILL IT RUN ???????

i did have one of the baddest ( my opinion) steel headed small blocks alcohol injected motors on the east coast a couple of years back..it made 1,000 hp at 9% over drive and could have been squeezed a little more...

so there is no replacement for displacement..i am a BBC man for life.

Brian

im guessing your car is going to be a monster,so make sure to vote for small block :lol: at least for old time sakes...

camaro74454 08-13-2007 11:55 AM

To late..he voted...Why not pick the TT big block there?...
Man you'r losin 4to 1 I love it....See I told you once you go big block you never look back.

mytmouz 08-13-2007 12:41 PM

I like big little 'uns...

SST4530 08-13-2007 01:58 PM

I kind of like RAT poison myself! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jbsjunk 08-13-2007 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by alwaysconsistent
Bigger Big blocks are better than small big blocks so small blocks dont compare. Plus a big block just sounds better. :shock:

I don't know there. One race I was at, there were a couple old Ford Thunderbolt look alikes racing. I swear they were leaving the tree at 10K. Sounded wicked as hell. Almost makes a Chevy guy drool. :shock: