Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Vent (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Presidential Candidate Rick Perry? (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30893)

ken0069 08-29-2011 06:11 AM

Presidential Candidate Rick Perry?

Is Governor Rick Perry Pro-Gun/Pro22nd Amendment?

It is an important question since he wants to be president of the United States. Our friends at National Association for Gun Rights sent Governor Perry a Presidential Candidate Survey via certified mail but guess what? Perry's campaign has refused to even pick it up from the Post Office! Right now Gun Owners need to do their part in helping the National Association for Gun Rights to get a signed survey from presidential candidate Rick Perry.

Now, I know what you're probably thinking; "He's pro-gun!" "He even carries!" but without having a candidate's signature on a survey that lays out in detail what he or she will and will not support, it's impossible to call that candidate "pro-gun." If the only criteria for being pro-gun was whether or not a certain politician owned their own firearm or had a concealed carry permit, it would mean people like Barbara Boxer (D-CA) are pro-gun and we both know that's just not true.

The simple fact is, when political figures don't answer questions, it usually means one thing, they're hiding something and we need find out exactly what Rick Perry is hiding! If Michelle Bachman and Ron Paul can return the survey then Rick Perry needs to come clean and answer the survey as well.

Give his campaign manager a call at 603-620-3692 and demand that Rick Perry return the National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Candidate Survey and of two things will happen.

1. Either Governor Perry won't answer and show the gun rights community that he's too good for them or

2. He will answer and we will have a signed statement from him vowing to protect your Second Amendment rights on very specific issues.

AGAIN, please call Governor Perry's campaign at 603-620-3692 and demand that he return the National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Candidate Survey.

Candidate Perry MUST hear from gun owners like you and we must hold politicians accountable!

ken0069 08-29-2011 01:19 PM

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!! In response to your phone calls, Governor Perry has shut down his phone system and is unreachable at this time. However you can write him an Email asking the same question by going to this site and letting him know how you feel about him not responding to NAGR's survey.

http://www.rickperry.org/contact-us/

Scooterz 08-31-2011 03:31 PM

Well normally I can't say what I REALLY think what a politician will do not/do. HOWEVER: I can tell you this... he will support our gun rights. In this case, I KNOW he will not allow 2nd amendment changes based on the facts below...

The ex-president of my company has hunted with Mr. Perry not so long ago... roughly 4 years ago. He has hunted with him 2 times. Once with a bow combined w/a .357 Mag holstered on his side the entire time. The other time he was hunting w/a 300 Magnum. Mr. Perry is a hunter. Hunters do not lay down & give up guns/rights no more than a drag racer gives up his/her drag-car. I remember when our CEO came back from TX after hunting w/ Mr. Perry the last time... he had many great things to say about the man including that he is a solid gun-owner & loves to hunt. They each harvested a buck that year too.

This is not BS, I am not advocating for him, I am not some secret conspiracy theorist, nor am I making any of this up. I work in the gun industry, I work for a company which is OWNED by a gun company & I have a pulse on the gun & archery industry. We have allot crazier people in politics to be concerned with right now... starting with our current president!!!!!!

TheYellaBrick 08-31-2011 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rigsby

We have allot crazier people in politics to be concerned with right now... starting with our current president!!!!!!

X2 Scoot.......MUCH more pressing issues, like radical Islamists wanting to take over the world with Sharia/Islamic law as the predominant governing force.......

Pay attention America..........