Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lost my dad... (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31566)

Incognegro 01-20-2012 10:08 AM

Lost my dad...

After a long battle with liver cancer from Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam, my dad has passed away on 1/19/2012 at 4:20 AM. It sounds creepy but I somehow knew he was going to die on that night, when I was leaving work I stopped to look at a picture of him and I hanging in my locker and I remember thinking that was a good picture of him cause it's the only one I have where he is not wearing a hat..That picture has been in my locker for 8 years and I never glanced at it twice until that night...Then when I got home and went to bed, I swear I felt a presence in my bedroom and remember thinking to myself, "my dad is going to die tonight and come visit us"...Sure enough I was awoken at 5:30 AM to the call I have been dreading, yet am relieved to get...His suffering is over and now I can remember him in his healthy days not his dying ones..

I find some comfort that his last days he was lying in bed and thought he was drag racing, and kept telling everyone to move so he could see the tree and was telling his wife to get gas for the car. He was also working the gas and brake with his feet and having conversations with his dead brother..I hope he at least didnt red light like he always did..

R.I.P. Dad...

mopar1968 01-20-2012 10:48 AM

Sorry to hear this! Lost my Dad in 1992 we raced together since i learned to drive!

Mark

BEAST477 01-20-2012 10:59 AM

Sorry for your loss.

qtrmile2 01-20-2012 12:47 PM

Very sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had a great Father. He has given you alot of great times to think about I'm sure.
God love him.

Goomba 01-20-2012 03:01 PM

Sorry for your loss.

bjuice 01-20-2012 03:24 PM

Re: Lost my dad...

Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
After a long battle with liver cancer from Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam, my dad has passed away on 1/19/2012 at 4:20 AM. It sounds creepy but I somehow knew he was going to die on that night, when I was leaving work I stopped to look at a picture of him and I hanging in my locker and I remember thinking that was a good picture of him cause it's the only one I have where he is not wearing a hat..That picture has been in my locker for 8 years and I never glanced at it twice until that night...Then when I got home and went to bed, I swear I felt a presence in my bedroom and remember thinking to myself, "my dad is going to die tonight and come visit us"...Sure enough I was awoken at 5:30 AM to the call I have been dreading, yet am relieved to get...His suffering is over and now I can remember him in his healthy days not his dying ones..

I find some comfort that his last days he was lying in bed and thought he was drag racing, and kept telling everyone to move so he could see the tree and was telling his wife to get gas for the car. He was also working the gas and brake with his feet and having conversations with his dead brother..I hope he at least didnt red light like he always did..

R.I.P. Dad...

Hey Brother and I call you my brother because I am also ex-lawenforcement. I am SO sorry for your loss and if there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to ask.

My wifes Father passed 1 year ago yesterday and he was a long time truck Driver and loved his profession. As he lay on his death bed in his final days he was Driving his Truck, I mean downshifting the whole 9 yards...So I have No doubt we go back to Our Happy days when its Our time.

Godspeed to your Father and may peace be with you and your family Julian

Bjuice ( Brian )

MEMRACING62 01-20-2012 04:04 PM

So sorry for your loss julian, R.I.P. :(

curtisreed 01-20-2012 04:14 PM

Very sorry for your loss.

Curtis

TheYellaBrick 01-20-2012 04:32 PM

Once a racer, always a racer. Now he's up yonder on the best racing team around. He'll be telling you all about all those fine greens he's cutting almost every round.
Live your life in dedication to his memory. God will Bless you.

TS1955 01-20-2012 04:41 PM

Sorry for your loss. We'll Prayer for comfort for you and your family. Be happy for him knowing he's not suffering any more and is in a better place.

TS1955