Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Distractions (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25487)

Tod74 08-27-2009 08:57 PM

Distractions

I was reading a thread on DRR that dealt with someone being questioned about cheating. He wasn't cheating but something was mentioned in that thread that made me laugh....some guy was running a slow street car and always left first...then he would turn on the blinkers after he left to screw up the other guy....after three rounds they made him stop... :lol: Do any of you guys get so focused on the tree that something as petty as that could screw you up?

kwkracing 08-27-2009 09:21 PM

OOh that is funny!!!

signsbyesa 08-27-2009 11:07 PM

you know maybe he was just trying to make a left turn and could'nt
make it til the end of the strip, maybe :wink:

cepx111 08-27-2009 11:46 PM

Personally I dont even look down the track till after I take off so his little game wouldnt have worked on me.

My full concentration is on that bottom bulb (footbraking) till I launch, then I starting eye balling that "other car"

There is this guy at our track who races a bone stock 88 crown vic, he has been racing for over 50 years and he's good.

His name is Harold Shackleford some of the guys on here may even know him or have heard of him, he likes the inconspicuous look of a bone stock street car.
He's got one slick on the pulling side and he cuts killer lights, he's been track champion more times than I care to remember.

His favorite distraction is to pedal the brakes at the big end, he's not actually applying the brakes not yet anyway but rather just tapping the pedal enough to make the brake lights come on maing you think he is braking hard.
Then right before he crosses the line he'll lockem up to keep from breaking out (sandbagger) works for him alot of the time but I got his number, yeah right.... :lol:
Cp

outlaw256 08-28-2009 03:05 AM

ive seen brake lights hooked up on momentary swithes on alot of street cars.way back in the day.

TS1955 08-28-2009 03:23 AM

[quote="cepx111"]Personally I dont even look down the track till after I take off so his little game wouldnt have worked on me.

X2

TS1955

hammertime 08-28-2009 04:09 AM

They could throw it in reverse and come back at me and I wouldnt notice 8)

really though, I've had people throw headlights on when chasing me before ... dont bother me as long as they keep it between the fence post

BEAST477 08-28-2009 04:11 AM

[quote="TS1955"]

Originally Posted by cepx111
Personally I dont even look down the track till after I take off so his little game wouldnt have worked on me.

X2

TS1955

X3

CamBirdRacing 08-28-2009 04:56 AM

We have a couple of brothers that do that in their slow ass trucks, Nissan's or whatever they stole to race that night. I really don't care what the other person does. There could be a lightining storm of in the distance and it wouldn't bother me.

JimmySmith 08-28-2009 05:01 AM

Harold Shackleford is a tough dude to beat . Later J.Smith 4621 racing :lol: