Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   manley (#41622) from OHIO great to deal with (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26869)

bigray 12-31-2009 07:22 PM

manley (#41622) from OHIO great to deal with

Just wanted to says thanks to Mike Manley from Cincinnati OH area,great guy to deal with,just drove out there to pick up my 16 year old sons first big dragster, a 01 Mullis,dbl slip tube,230'' dragster,it was just as he said it was.even better..i thought.even met me kinda late to finish up the deal.so i could head on back to Oklahoma.(in the snow)doing 35mph and in 4x4 for about 70 miles.pulling a trailer..NOT FUN>anyway thanks Mike..and i am glad to be done with Jr Dragsters,,super pro boys at Tulsa look out..Brodie's coming..LOL..my son allready has it posted on our web site. morrisracing.net as our new dragster..

dragonmaster093 12-31-2009 07:51 PM

good to here and good for you bigray glad that we are hearing of another good one

RonOwensRacing 12-31-2009 08:17 PM

Yep mike is a good guy he is one of our local racers he is a straight shooter.

shawnp 01-01-2010 04:12 AM

Bigray, congrats on the buy. I believe I have seen that car a time or 2 and it is a nice car. Good luck to the boy with the new car. If I may offer a suggestion, if he does not have an experienced driver to teach him to drive the slip joint car it would be a very good investment to get him to one of the driving schools. Slip joints can be a handful to drive and well, there is a huge difference between that junior and the big car. Hope he enjoys success with the new car.

I972Nova 01-01-2010 10:01 AM

I have done a little dealin with Mike too and he is a super nice guy. My only complaint is I spend to much time bench racing when I go to his house...lol...

Like Shawn said, the schools that you take your own car to are right at a grand I think and would be a great investment.

bigray 01-01-2010 03:19 PM

i hear ya.on the going to school...but i think we will just start out slow,,and move up.this year will be just a lot of test and tuning.and getting very comfortable in the big dragster,,,more like just go out and have a good time,,and just drive down the track...

shawnp 01-01-2010 05:02 PM

Have your or the kid drove a big dragster? If not, you need to get him with someone at the track that is experienced with slip joints. One wrong move snapping the pedal or hitting the brake too hard and the kid will put that car in a bounce. Too often I see parents without experience bring their child from the junior ranks, stuff them in a car and the kid not realize the power and response that the car will give them. I am not sure what your experiences are but taking it slow is a real good start. With the slip joint the kid needs to learn throttle control and being able to stop the car without getting into the brake pedal too hard.

bigray 01-01-2010 07:20 PM

(( learn throttle control )) heck its drag racing.. flat on the floor..NO IAM JUST KIDDING.!!!! .I really do appeciate yours and everybody elses concerns.i fully plan on starting him out slow,,and lots of chat time with other dragster drivers,me,my self,I am a door car kinda guy,i drove a altered a few times and i didn't like it,at all. heck i dont even like sitting in a dragster,much less driving one..give me a door car or a drag bike,,i wont drive a dragster or a altered, but i will strap on a 9 sec bike or a high 8sec door car any day.funny HU. :roll: :roll: but i may try a little harder to drive a dragster..now that we own one !!

manley 02-19-2010 07:49 PM

Thanks alot for the tumbs up Ray, Ron and Josh! There is no reason for anyone to be dishonest with people about there stuff for sale! I fell that i sometime bendover backword's for people, but as long as there happy in the end, thats all that matters to me! I wouldnt lie to anyone, because I wouldnt want anyone to lie to me!

hammertime 02-20-2010 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by manley
Thanks alot for the tumbs up Ray, Ron and Josh! There is no reason for anyone to be dishonest with people about there stuff for sale! I fell that i sometime bendover backword's for people, but as long as there happy in the end, thats all that matters to me! I wouldnt lie to anyone, because I wouldnt want anyone to lie to me!

you should go find the post under dragster about you ... that guy is less then thrilled :shock: