Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Raising prices (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21516)

hollowayshotrods 08-01-2008 05:36 PM

Raising prices

I was wondering if any of ya'll have ever priced something at a set price, then have several offers to purchase immediately? Did you then realize you could get more and raise the price? I will be suprised if anyone says yes. Check this guys ad out, he thinks he is in an auction house I suppose. Please let me know if I am wrong for thinking this is not good business practice, for some reason or another it is bugging the hell out of me. I guess I don't have enough to do!! :?

Scooterz 08-01-2008 08:24 PM

I looked at the ad. To answer your question, nope I have not... sure as hell have gone down before!! Hey, this car is interesting though... one of the best years, decent body, Blown SBC, tubbed, some good stuff on this one... good title & major potential. The thing is, when I first looked at the car & price, I thought it was resonable for what he has. As far as getting offers & then declining to RAISE the price, its pretty cheesey.

zipper06 08-01-2008 08:55 PM

Not Blown, just injected.

Zip.

lively 08-02-2008 12:58 AM

I FIGURE IF THE GUY RAISES HIS PRICE BECAUSE 3 PEOPLE OFFERED HIS ASKING PRICE THEN I WOULD NOT TRUST HIM TO SELL ME THE CAR!!!!

HE IS WANTING MORE THEN HE STARTED OUT SO HE CAN GET IN A BIDDING WAR[ THAT IS CROOKED TO ME!!!] NOT JUST CHEESEY- RIGSBY :lol: :lol:
YOU MIGHT GET THERE TO GET THE CAR AND HE TELLS YOU HE GOT A BETTER OFFER THAT YOU NEED TO BEAT :evil: :evil: :evil:

ALMOST A BEGGING SITUATION[ I DON'T BEG FOR SOMEONE]
WASN'T THERE A BIKE ON HERE AWHILE BACK ABOUT IN THE SAME DEAL ON GETTING A SET PRICE QUOTED ???
LIVELY

Oldewalnut 08-02-2008 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by lively
I FIGURE IF THE GUY RAISES HIS PRICE BECAUSE 3 PEOPLE OFFERED HIS ASKING PRICE THEN I WOULD NOT TRUST HIM TO SELL ME THE CAR!!!!

HE IS WANTING MORE THEN HE STARTED OUT SO HE CAN GET IN A BIDDING WAR[ THAT IS CROOKED TO ME!!!] NOT JUST CHEESEY- RIGSBY :lol: :lol:
YOU MIGHT GET THERE TO GET THE CAR AND HE TELLS YOU HE GOT A BETTER OFFER THAT YOU NEED TO BEAT :evil: :evil: :evil:

ALMOST A BEGGING SITUATION[ I DON'T BEG FOR SOMEONE]
WASN'T THERE A BIKE ON HERE AWHILE BACK ABOUT IN THE SAME DEAL ON GETTING A SET PRICE QUOTED ???
LIVELY

On the other hand, people will sell things out from under you regardless of what you do nowadays. I've been told the old ways of doing business don't apply any longer.

my .02 cents,

Scooterz 08-02-2008 08:48 AM

Zip- I stand corrected... injetced not Blown (did not really pay attn). What did catch my attention is that its priced well @ 12! This is one of 2 of the best years in my opinion. Tough to see a 66/67 like this for 12... seems priced right. I wonder what the original offers were??? Anyways, to blantonly post that he raised the price becuse of multiple offers... to post that... not the smartest buisness idea I have seen. Lively: IT IS crooked, but also ignorant to post it for everyone to see too!! WTH???

slowmotion 08-02-2008 03:33 PM

The original post should've said "best offer over 12,000" then nobody would have a problem with it.