Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carburetion, Induction, Nitrous (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   barry grant 280 (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21842)

jl4020 09-14-2008 05:28 PM

barry grant 280

Has any body been having bad luck with the 280bg pumps? i go threw one a year. i only put on about 12 passes a year. mud truck. the prolbem is always is fuel press drops. should i go with a big pump with a return line?

dparker 09-14-2008 08:12 PM

No change brands. BG pumps and regulators seem to have a short life expectancy. I used to send my BG pumps in every year to have them rebuilt. There gaskets and o rings dont like to set very long without use. The only good thing is it doesnt cost much to have them rebuilt by BG.

gearhead1011 09-14-2008 11:42 PM

I've had the same one on my car for 4 years with no problems. I didn't have any trouble with the one on my old car either and it was older than that and never had one rebuilt.

cuda66 10-27-2008 06:01 AM

Check out the Aerospace Components pumps, Cheaper, higher flow rates, USER Rebuildable (Kits are $25)

We stopped selling BG pumps 4 years ago, user complaints dropped by 90%.

bjuice 11-03-2008 05:46 PM

To answer your Question about a bigger Pump..this all depends on the Size/hp Motor you have ?

1- 650 hp down you just can't beat Old Faithful ( Holley Blue )..

2- you can buy the O-ring kits On-Line to rebuild the BG for a low price of $9.99. My old Vette had a BG400 and it leaked after sitting a few years.. i rebuilt it with this fit and it ran perfect ( no-leaks afterward)

3- I am MAGNAFUEL all the way...DANG best Fuel pump I EVER had..i run the Pro-star 500..(good for 2000 hp).....Most engies can handle the smaller pump.

Brian

FullTimeRacing 12-10-2008 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by bjuice
To answer your Question about a bigger Pump..this all depends on the Size/hp Motor you have ?

Brian

My holley blue quite on me in the final round of a arm drop live competition
5 min. later I drove it back to the pits. not happy :evil: :oops: :twisted:

BEAST477 12-10-2008 01:06 PM

I'm running a BG 400 going on 6yrs no problems. Are you running a filter before the pump? Might help. Just a thought.

bjuice 12-10-2008 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by montecarlo84

Originally Posted by bjuice

Brian

My holley blue quite on me in the final round of a arm drop live competition
5 min. later I drove it back to the pits. not happy :evil: :oops: :twisted:

i hate to hear that... Bummer ?..I guess what i should have said is the Holley Blue is a pretty good pump for $80 bucks. :D

slowmotion 12-10-2008 02:50 PM

I wish I would've read this before I listed the BG stuff on my website. Looks like i'm going to have to find another brand to sell. Maybe Aerospace.