Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Scammer Alert 1513296 (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23708)

1army 04-04-2009 04:51 AM

Scammer Alert 1513296

This guy is posting a 2008 Hallmark trailer with cabinets, winch, A/C for 3K add 1513296 the only way to contact them is thru a yahoo account. Funny thing is I have a friend that sent me this same add about a month ago. I told him no way run the other way but ask the guy where in Houston the trailer was my brother is a police officer down there so I was going to have him go over and see if there really was a trailer wouldn't you know the guy stop responding after that. Just a warning beware of this add. Being burnt by a scammer before here don't want someone else to fall victim.

1army 04-04-2009 02:55 PM

Scammer Alert

Just more to prove that this person is full of it look at my e-mail's with this jerk.

I sent the following:

Send me your phone number would like to come over and take a look at the trailer I live in close to Houston my brother lives there in Houston or you can call me at 254-220-2261

Reply: From:

Daniel Ross [mailto: [email protected] ]
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2009 5:08 PM
To: Jimmy
Subject: Re: trailer

The trailer is still available,I sell it for this price because I've just finished the divorce and after the divorce i've got the trailer.

Now I have moved in a new house and I will have to buy myself a new car so I will have to get rid of the trailer asap.

The trailer is in excellent working conditions, slightly used.

From the beginning you have to know that I prefer the payment will be done using a safe service so both of us can be protected....We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20.000. The final price that I want for this trailer is $2,900.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

My second e-mail:

You still didn’t send me a phone number I want to see the trailer first.

His second reply:

The trailer is in Portland, Oregon (i moved here after divorce) or it can be shipped to your home address.
I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job so this is the reason why I chose to sell my trailer online and I can't meet all interested customers to show them the trailer. According with the eBay you will have 5 days of inspection, mean time you can decide if you want to keep it or not.

Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2.I will forward your details to eBay.
3. After that they will process your info and send us both invoices.... You will get all the necessary details about payment.
4. eBay will contact me back and I will ship the trailer to you. After you receive it you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to do with the trailer.
If you decide to buy it, eBay will release the payment information to me.
5. If something goes wrong or the trailer is not as described, eBay will refund the full amount and I will notify the shipping company to come and pick up my trailer.

If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed.

P.S.: Sorry but I can't call you and I can't use the phone because I am deaf from a car accident.

THERATTLER 04-04-2009 04:10 PM

DO 'NOT' E MAIL THIS CLOWN , HE IS NOT ONLY DEAF , HE IS FULL OF SH*T . :!: :!: :!: :!:

bigray 04-04-2009 06:26 PM

no,,,no ...no. now tell them you have a sister that lives in Portland.and that they can pay for it in cash. and come pick it up..L.O.L. then see where the trailer has moved to..hahaha

Harbone 04-06-2009 01:35 PM

I love the ebay "safe harbor" scams, they are the stupidest. Play the guy along and try getting all the info you can. I would send that over to the guys on the site so they can knock down the add. I'm bored so I will try and play him along also!!!

Harbone 04-07-2009 10:58 AM

well I got a response, funny its just like the one 1army got:

The trailer is still available,I sell it for this price because I've just finished the divorce and after the divorce i've got the trailer.

Now I have moved in a new house and I will have to buy myself a new car so I will have to get rid of the trailer asap.

From the beginning you have to know that I prefer the payment will be done using a safe service so both of us can be protected....We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20.000. The final price that I want for this trailer is $2,900.

I replied saying I wish to see the trailer and have cash in hand...

bigray 04-07-2009 12:30 PM

and no matter where he says the trailer is located at.tell him you have someone in that town that can come get it..cash in hand

1army 04-07-2009 06:58 PM

scammer

harbone66
This guy is definitely a few fries shot of a full meal are maybe he think's we are. Who in their right mind would rather you send them money than have someone show up with cash in hand. That's a dead give away he isn't even a good thief almost like some of the stuff you see when someone robs a bank and hand the teller a note with their name and address on the other side.

Harbone 04-08-2009 07:20 AM

Again I got the same reply when asking for a contact number and if I could come look at it...

The trailer is in Portland, Oregon (i moved here after divorce) or it can be shipped to your home address.
I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job so this is the reason why I chose to sell my trailer online and I can't meet all interested customers to show them the trailer. According with the eBay you will have 5 days of inspection, mean time you can decide if you want to keep it or not.

Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2.I will forward your details to eBay.
3. After that they will process your info and send us both invoices.... You will get all the necessary details about payment.
4. eBay will contact me back and I will ship the trailer to you. After you receive it you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to do with the trailer.
If you decide to buy it, eBay will release the payment information to me.
5. If something goes wrong or the trailer is not as described, eBay will refund the full amount and I will notify the shipping company to come and pick up my trailer.

If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Daniel Ross <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 3:07:51 PM
Subject: Re: trailer on racing junk

I have cash in hand and would like to see the trailer, please call me at 217-365-0550 or give me a number to call you.

Thanks
Chris
----- Original Message -----
To: Chris Hardesty
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: trailer on racing junk

Thank you

So I sent him a reply saying I live in Vancouver and have cash in hand, lets see if he replies.