Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Anybody get taken by Sloan's Racing Transmissions !!BEWARE!! (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33389)

Ronmiester 04-19-2013 08:59 PM

Anybody get taken by Sloan's Racing Transmissions !!BEWARE!!

I did!! Called and ordered a 2800.00 JW powerglide was told it would be to me at the end of the week. when it didnt show up started calling and emailing for some answers.next time i called the recording said they had went out of business after 35 years. after a few more nasty grams, a lady called and said my trans. would be to me next week. yea right! no trans so i call and call and email and call, nothing, then two months later, out of the blue, a beat to shit box full of red fluid soaked plastic peanuts and a damaged transmission shows up, with a broken tail housing, and output among other things and missing parts. I filed a claim with fed x and they wantme to send it back to them for inspection , after calling and calling, i finally get ahold of the lady again. I complain about having to send it back to them since they were out of business and it took them over two months to send me a broken one. she offers a full refund and like a fool,i ship it back. Guess what , they now have my money and my transmission and yes, you guessed it, are not responding.

if anyone else has been burned by them i would like to hear from you, i keep telling myself it might help with a solution thanks in advance Ron

Harbone 04-20-2013 05:10 AM

I have known the Sloans for years, I went to high school with Jimmy. I had just heard that they closed their doors. His dad Bob passed away last year and I think the business struggled after that. Have you called and tried to talk to Jimmy himself?
I will try and get a hold of him later. If you can PM me your name and number and let me see if I can get him to call you.

lodilobo 04-21-2013 05:38 AM

I bought a trans from Sloans several years ago. It worked well, and lasted about 2 - 3 seasons. I had no problems with dealing with them. A little strange how they make the extended actuator for the P/G. Mine broke, and damaged the pump.

greaser49 04-21-2013 10:08 AM

Sloans

I bought a box of magneto parts from Sloans that was listed on RJ. I sent him the money and the parts were shipped fast to me. Just wanted to tell everyone of my positive experience with Sloans. Thanks RJ :D :D

greaser49 04-21-2013 10:09 AM

Sloans

I bought a box of magneto parts from Sloans that was listed on RJ. I sent him the money and the parts were shipped fast to me. Just wanted to tell everyone of my positive experience with Sloans. Thanks RJ :D :D

Ronmiester 04-21-2013 08:53 PM

Sloan's

you know,i really don't understand it ether, when i initially spoke with them, i remember thinking these were my kind of people, small business, down to earth, and came highly recommended. from what i hear, they are going through some tough times with the recent passing of his Father and now closing down the business. I can understand completely and i have tried many times to let them know that but it made no difference and did seem like they wanted to blame me for the trans arriving damaged.
I an Not trying to put a cloud over anybody but the facts are: I paid for a transmission that was promised 7 days later, over two months later it arrives damaged with missing parts, finally communicate with anna she rapidlly offers full refund and gives Fed x a call tag and its picked up and no more contact not to phone calls or emails nothing . at this point i would even take the broken trans back, just to make it over, and i let them know that in one of my many messages. we will see....

greaser49 04-22-2013 06:53 AM

I also know how you feel about this customer service. I am a small businessman myself and something like this would cause a cloud over my head. I know it is hard to do, but give them a little more time. If they are going through a closure, it has to be rough and I think they will come through for you. I am not taking their side, but just wanted to voice my opinion and the past experience with Sloan. Hope everything works out for you and in your favor

greaser49 04-22-2013 06:53 AM

I also know how you feel about this customer service. I am a small businessman myself and something like this would cause a cloud over my head. I know it is hard to do, but give them a little more time. If they are going through a closure, it has to be rough and I think they will come through for you. I am not taking their side, but just wanted to voice my opinion and the past experience with Sloan. Hope everything works out for you and in your favor

Scooterz 04-22-2013 02:13 PM

As hard as it must be, I tend to agree with the last post. I have a feeling you should try to hang in there & be as patient as you can afford to be. Sloans does not raise any red flags as a repeat offender or dishonest. See what Harbone says too. I hope this all get worked out.

Ronmiester 04-22-2013 09:38 PM

YOU are all right. some times i get caught up in the"NOW" i cant even see the big picture. I am so glad you all had good things to say about the Sloans , It has taken a load off my mind. I think i will quit bugging them and just let it work out. thanks guys