Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis and Suspension (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   vega launch..... (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33669)

AR3366 08-18-2013 05:10 PM

Is a forum.. So sick of people whineing about what is said... You dont like it you have full control.. Log off, close your eyes... Due something besides complain about others exercising they're civil liberties.. Besides all i said was if it aint right .. Then it should be fixed with out a "fight" cause that is what is right. Hence why at the end i said its just my opinion. That's what forums are about opinions.

TheRabbit 08-18-2013 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by fla1976
I am trying to find a copy of the chassis information from Ed Vance. He has passed but he gave a lot of info in one of the threads on chassis setup. I will try to locate it again. It was on an older computer that died and I have it saved somewhere. Great information.

Looks like you found it, but I have a copy of it if you ever need it.

TheYellaBrick 08-18-2013 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by TheYellaBrick
In that case , gentlemen, I'd advise you to take it to a private conversation via PM/email/ or whatever. We're not interested in local 'spats' and tit for tat's her on RJ. The original post was to glean advise on a particular problem a fellow racer had. Let's keep on THAT, please.

fla1976 08-19-2013 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by TheRabbit

Originally Posted by fla1976
I am trying to find a copy of the chassis information from Ed Vance. He has passed but he gave a lot of info in one of the threads on chassis setup. I will try to locate it again. It was on an older computer that died and I have it saved somewhere. Great information.

Looks like you found it, but I have a copy of it if you ever need it.

Thanks Rabbit. I found it again. I have a printed copy also. Lots of great info. RIP Ed.

ballsout1 08-22-2013 03:55 PM

i`ve got a chevette back half connectors, bar, no cage... 5000 stall mild street 383.
it was like yours """twisting''' FIRST PASS BUT IT WAS ALL IN THE REAR. its a ladder bar car but some princible's should transfer. (i dont have any 4 link xper eence) anyways the right rear was pre loaded up hard about a 2 inch difference side to side and alot of suspension travel in front was taken out. now its a no hands on the wheel 6.80 / 1.44 60` car.

melson3086 08-23-2013 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ballsout1
i`ve got a chevette back half connectors, bar, no cage... 5000 stall mild street 383.
it was like yours """twisting''' FIRST PASS BUT IT WAS ALL IN THE REAR. its a ladder bar car but some princible's should transfer. (i dont have any 4 link xper eence) anyways the right rear was pre loaded up hard about a 2 inch difference side to side and alot of suspension travel in front was taken out. now its a no hands on the wheel 6.80 / 1.44 60` car.

Ding Ding Ding we got a winner!!!!!! Thats all it needs is some tuning!

bigray 08-30-2013 06:54 AM

SOOOoooo is it fixed ?? , did ya weld the bars in and fixed, ????? or adjust the rear 4 link bars and fixed ????

mwbrasher 08-30-2013 01:21 PM

vega launch

yeap.... it's fixed...............

bigray 08-30-2013 06:54 PM

CooooooLL. was it the 2 bars you welded in. or adjustment on the 4 link bars, are you going to the midnights on Sat night,

mwbrasher 10-21-2013 12:51 PM

well... we took the car to the duck drags on sunday.... the rolling problem is fixed....now the car pulls hard to the right...almost hit the lights twice... left lane ... adjusted top right bar... seemed to make it worse...got put in right lane... still went to the right....real hard... : maybe too much pre-load.... thanks caveman :? :? :?