Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BEWARE OF gonyea1320 (#63729) (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22612)

MManer 12-28-2008 10:18 AM

BEWARE OF gonyea1320 (#63729)

He's a JUNK salesman. Keep an eye out for these ads: 1399350 and 1411791.

Scorpion1110 12-28-2008 12:51 PM

With absolutely no information this is a useless post. Suppose he came on here and said you were a junk salesman and said watch out for your ads.

Exactly who would we be inclined to believe?

If you feel you have been scammed, post a clear concise summary of the issue and what happened, and maybe the help you get will lead to resolution.

But a post like this is a waste of everyone's time.

Later,

Scorp

MManer 12-28-2008 02:25 PM

Scorpion,you raise some good points. My post was intended as a warning for others. If it might help someone else I will post the details. I purchased the ATI Super Damper listed in the ad. I was told it's condition was very good,with the exception of the decal on the face being worn off.
When the damper arrived the face of the hub had been beaten with a large hammer during installation,to the point that the hub was severely distorted.
I also bought a flexplate that had been described as SFI certified. Upon it's arrival,I found it to have had several holes drilled in it, as part of a "balance job".
I'm sure you know that once an SFI part is modified it is no longer certified.
After three emails,two attempts to contact him thru this board and three phone calls with messages and phone numbers left each time,I feel confident he has no intention of making this right. So just a warning for others to lookout for JR Gonyea. If you need to contact him,his name is Ralph Leo Gonyea Jr. and his email is [email protected]
Mike

fla1976 12-28-2008 03:40 PM

Warning

That is the type of information that people need to know. Everyone would be wise to heed your warning, he is selling junk.

gonyea1320 12-30-2008 08:29 PM

I JUST GOT BACK FROM A HOLIDAY VACATION AT SEA WHEN I FOUND MR.MANER HAD CALLED MY CELL PHONE AND LEFT MANY THREATS WE ALL KNOW NO PHONE SERVICE AT SEA. I WANT TO START BY SAYING
THAT THE PARTS I SOLD WERE GOOD PARTS AND AS DISCRIBED. THESE PARTS WERE ON AN ENGINE I RAN FOR TWO YEARS AT IHRA EVENTS. THEY WERE TECK INSPECTED AND PASSED. I HAVE SOLD A LOT OF PARTS ON THIS SITE NEVER ANY JUNK. THE ENGINE WAS ASSEMBLED BY JEFF TATLOR RACE ENGINES I DON'T THINK THEY WOULD BEAT A BALLANCER ON AN ENGINE. THE COUNTER WEIGHT WAS DRILLED FOR BALANCING AND PASSED IHRA.CERTIFICATION. THE BALANCER FACE WAS MESSED UP FROM A CRANK TRIGGER HUB MOUNTED ON IT BUT NEVER BEATEN WITH A HAMMER. I TOLD HIM HE COULD CALL ATI THEY WOULD POSSIBLY GIVE HIM A NEW STICKER FOR THERE PRODUCT. THESE PARTS WERE SOLD AS IS IN USED CONDITION NOT NEW.

lively 12-30-2008 09:54 PM

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO----YOU SOLD HIM JUNK :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: PERIOD

LIVELY

RonOwensRacing 12-30-2008 10:23 PM

Let me say this right up front I'm not taking any sides here what so ever .
and don't know either person in this .
but drilling a little material out of a flex plate for balancing a engine will not affect the SFI cert. now if you have altered it by enlarging the converter holes or by drilling through the flex plate or some other type of altering then it would not pass SFI spec.
And i have run all over the place and have never had a tech person check a flex plate i have had them check the trans shield a few times but never the flex plate or the damper.
I could have just been lucky i don't know and I'm not sure that i would even buy a used flex plate to start with .

I'm not trying to pee on anyone just thought i would offer that little bit of info.
and it is only my opinion .

Have a happy and safe new year

MManer 12-31-2008 04:30 AM

Jr If you consider these parts to be in such good condition I would assume you would have no problem accepting them back and refunding my money. I will pay for the shipping both ways and you won't be out a dime. The ad was free,and you should have no problem reselling these part's in their "good" condition. I began trying to contact you on the day the damper arrived,in this time of email,pm's,voice mail, all of which I made use of, it's pretty uncommon not to be able to reach someone in a couple of day's. I assumed the worse of you because of the condition these parts were in when they arrived,after having discussed their condition with you in depth on the phone, and you told me the damper's only flaw was the decal being damaged on the face. ATI dampers are notoriously tight and often require honing to have the proper interference fit. By the hammer marks on the face and the scoring of the inside of the hub,it's obvious NO attempt was made to fit the balancer correctly. I have opened a complaint with Paypal which I will gladly close upon recieving a refund. I will also remove this complaint/warning after I recieve the refund. Please keep any communications with me about this subject,posted on this forum.

rlmotorsports the holes in the flexplate are thru holes and this flexplate would not pass an inspection and it would not be recertifiable. It may well be that you could "use" the flywheel,but if that would have been my only concern I could have used the $35 dollar one I already own. It was advertised as an SFI certified flexplate which is what I needed,but that is not what I recieved.

I thought I might add this note so no one would think that this might be some sort of buyer's remorse. I ordered a new ATI Super Damper and a new ATI certified flexplate Monday. It's NOT about the money it's about the condition of the parts. Plain and simple.

Scorpion1110 12-31-2008 05:31 AM

Lets make this interesting

mike-could you post some pics.

Mr. Gonyea you're local and we're nearly neighbors as you live in Thurmont and I am in Frederick- I am sure you are well known in racing circles-any names you want to share? We might know some fellow racers who can vouch for you (or not).

BTW Used does not equal misrepresentation, so if you misrepresented them then you are at fault.

Mike-should it be that you choose to file legal proceedings in Maryland Small Claims court I'll be glad to assist and would even take your Power of Attorney to pursue-assuming that you are justified in your claim.

PM me separately to discuss.

Happy Frigggin Holidays all,

Scorp

MManer 12-31-2008 05:51 AM

Scorp,I will gladly post pics. I will try my camera phone and see if the quality of the picture is adequate,if not I will pick my digital camera up from my father today, and post the pics later. Thank you for the offer of assistance and if need be I will contact you. I would also be willing to ship these parts to you, today, for inspection,as I have no plans of using them for anything.
Mike

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u.../ATIDamper.jpg
I think this should make it clear what my complaint is about the damper. I have other pictures if needed. I will post pictures of the flexplate shortly.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Flexplate.jpg