Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   This is a great place to sell and trade (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21820)

davebat 09-10-2008 02:52 PM

This is a great place to sell and trade

But buyer beware!

davebat 09-10-2008 02:56 PM

replaced

hollowayshotrods 09-10-2008 04:51 PM

Dave,
Man, this is one of those deals that you had no choice but to trust if you wanted to deal. Unless a guy has x-ray vision then there is no way to inspect it, just had to take the mans word for it, unfortunately it didn't work out. But you are doing the right thing by letting us know about a crooked deal that went down, maybe your misfortune will keep someone else out of the ky jelly jar!

Later

Benningtonr 09-11-2008 06:39 AM

Not exactly true

The transmission was brand new, it had been tested, and it shifted fine, it did include everything in the a,d Hardened was a copy error. I told him that. I did have everything else. He forgot to copy the complete ad in here, at the top, when you edit the ad, I put the second one was not, I repeat, was not fully rollerized, it only had roller bearings next to the pump and output shaft.
I told him that he needed to adjust the shift cable. If you do not use the proper shift arm for the shifter in your car, it will not adjust properly. You HAVE to put the tranny and shifter in park, make sure the cable goes into the arm hole, the proper hole easily, then do the same for reverse, and neutral, etc, etc, etc,.
If you do not, it will not be in any gear completely and it will shift like poo.

Yes I was hot, that transmission is perfect, there is/was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I have traded on here for many years, I have been on eBay for many years, with a 100% rating. I have never intentionally dooped anyone, and I take exception to the accusation.
I am truly sorry he feels that way, there was no malice intended, there were copy errors, and when we met to trade, I offered to pull the pan, he asked about a receipt, I told him the receipt was for the built transmission.

These are just some of the things this guy is leaving out of his post.

Benningtonr 09-11-2008 06:56 AM

And another thing

Also if he were to pull the pump and look at the internals ALL the clutches will say Alto, all the friction will be Kolene, and All the bushings will be new. Also the case was not a run of the mill stock case, look at JW it is $190.
Plus the case was modified as per the JW instructions

AS for his tranny the price he quoted you include over $500 of pieces that I didn't receive and others I can't use. So to me it is a stock case with stock gears, with stock clutches, a tranny you can pick up for 300 bucks anytime.

So before you judge, listen to both sides Rudy, I Know a lot of people near you, ask them about my character
Bobby Gill
Bill Boger
Keith Dorton
Jeff Dorton
Clay Rogers
Brad Rogers

They are all right there around you.

hollowayshotrods 09-11-2008 07:11 AM

Bennington,
After reading your post, I completely agree. It was not my intent to pass judgement, only to voice my opinion. I re-read my post and realize I should have worded it differently. I do not know of any of these men you speak of in my area, I am a very private, retired fellow that rarely leaves my house/shop. I hope you guys get your differences worked out.

Later,

Benningtonr 09-11-2008 07:33 AM

All of the men I mentioned are racing champions, Bobby, I am a pit crew member member for him, he is a 4 time USAR champion, Keith Dorton, has won engine builder of the year for, well, as long as I can remember, Clay Roger 2 time USAR Champion. All friends of mine, all know me and I do not cheat people. I honestly belive he didn't check the shifter adjusment, it will do exactly what he says, and I cannot control that, but it will ruin a tranny if it is run like that for very long. and those are facts

hollowayshotrods 09-11-2008 08:42 AM

If you ever in my neck of the woods stop by, I am about 15 minutes east of Mooresville Dragway. I have heard the Dorton name but wouldn't know them if I saw them. Like I said, I hope you men get things ironed out.

Later

davebat 09-11-2008 12:04 PM

replaced

davebat 09-11-2008 12:14 PM

replaced