Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis and Suspension (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Pulls right on Launch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29039)

jreiley 10-17-2010 07:08 AM

Pulls right on Launch

I posted this in HELP, but I think this is the better place for it. Car is an 85 camaro. I launch it with a tranny brake. As soon as I let go of the brake, it launches hard right. The rear suspension has adjustable torque arm and drag bags. Tires are 10.5 x 15. I don't know how tall. 8lbs of air in the tires and left drag bag has 0 air, right bag has 10 libs. I would appreciate help in straightening out this car.

chevyfireball 11-03-2010 03:10 AM

Check the roll out on both rear tires. If the left is a little bigger than the right, put another lb in the right.

Check the diff is aligned straight.

Can you put any more air in the right side?

penskeshocks 02-01-2011 04:56 PM

Launch

My name is Aaron Lambert, I am Director of Competition for Penske Racing Shocks.
I recommend calling our shop and asking for Adam Lambert, he is our Drag manager and can shed some light.
We are sponsoring NHRA this year and will be at ever National event with a large mid-way display explaining what roll suspensions play in drag racing.

610-375-6180

TheYellaBrick 02-01-2011 05:51 PM

We've had several discussions on this very topic lately. I'm not able to find the relevant threads though. Anyone else have better luck ?

Mr Lambert, I'd highly suggest you take out a classified ad instead of spamming here in this RACERS forum. If you have any practical knowledge to invoke into the discussion, please participate. This is NOT for ADVERTISING your place of work. ONCE, we can accept, but in every post reply it is not. Nor is it ethical. All you do is put a sour taste in our mouths about you and your product. Thanks for your time and ear.

shawnp 02-02-2011 04:17 PM

If this is something new then I would start checking a couple things:

1) Did something break/bend that has caused the rear end to move?
2) Have I bent an axle tube
3) Do I have a suspension component that is failing like shock, airbag, etc.

It doesn't hurt to measure the rollout on both tires.

If everything is up to par, I would get it on scales and find out what is going on weight wise.

fast75vega 02-02-2011 04:20 PM

whats in the rear end....... spool or posi carrier?

zetagoat 04-04-2011 04:39 PM

Re: Pulls right on Launch

Originally Posted by jreiley
I posted this in HELP, but I think this is the better place for it. Car is an 85 camaro. I launch it with a tranny brake. As soon as I let go of the brake, it launches hard right. The rear suspension has adjustable torque arm and drag bags. Tires are 10.5 x 15. I don't know how tall. 8lbs of air in the tires and left drag bag has 0 air, right bag has 10 libs. I would appreciate help in straightening out this car.

keep putting air in the right rear air bag until it leaves straight. Easy fix. or you can take spring out of the left front if you have adjustable ones. Putting more air in one tire is not the answer. Obviously the rear is straight. You could put an anti-roll bar on it and the fix is over for good and the more power you put to it will not affect your launch. Your drive shaft is planting the left rear and lifting the right rear most likely almost off the ground, thus giving the left tire the bite on the hit and making in go right. Just keep putting air in the rr bag. Most likely you will end up with 30-40 psi and it will go straight until you make more power.