Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A little varification incase you had doubt. (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27197)

Txdrgracer 01-30-2010 02:27 PM

A little varification incase you had doubt.

Hi, for those of you that have donated Thank You, and I am happy to say that I have sent Goodie Bags/Boxes to everyone that has donated. In addition at this time everyone that has donated has also won a Drawing Prize as well. Thanks for those of you that have tried to let others know I am legit and now I have even more to show the truth. Van Abernathy of Drag Illustrated sent people to my home town and did some digging on my accident and me. He varified my story and wrote an article that is in this months issue of Drag Illustrated Issue #40 page 127. I have posted the article on my website and will paste a link below for those of you who do not get it. I have new vendors Donating stuff almost every week and will be sending out prizes to Donators at random in addition to my normal drawings. We have a Benefit Race in the works and have a local Prosthetics Company that is going to make me a leg at the cost of parts only, which totals $6,606.56 . As soon as I have my left hand pass a weight bearing test I will get my leg prescription and will be looking forward to learning to walk again once the funds are raised to purchase the leg. I am still waiting on DOT to send their findings and will share them with everyone once I get them. I hope that nobody I know or anyone else has to endure what has happened to me in the future. Hopefully this summer I can return to the track and stand on my own two feet.

See the article at: www.awalkwithblake.com

Thanks all, Blake

ajk 01-30-2010 03:21 PM

I just read the article and WOW thats just unbelievable. Wishing you the best in the future Blake.

AL

gasalley 01-30-2010 06:25 PM

so sorry to hear about your accident,Blake. what a freaky thing to have happen. glad to see that you are making progress on your journey.
may GOD BLESS you and your family. you will be in our prayers.

nova_bil 01-30-2010 07:14 PM

Thanks Blake for the items sent to me in my "goodie"bag.
I also want to thank Kenny Bernstein Racing, for the autographed crew shirt they donated for your silent auction in December.8) I had no idea that I would have won that with all the other Bernstein racing fans able to grab it up. :roll: The t-shirt I won in an earlier weekly drawing was great also, and please thank Cathy Belcher's Race team for me. I'll try to keep making donations as I can..
...Thanks, and God Bless
Bubba W. Kemp, TX

mopar1968 01-30-2010 07:19 PM

Thank you Blake for the Goodie Bag & The Tee shirt :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

Txdrgracer 01-30-2010 10:18 PM

You guys owe me no thanks, it's ya'll that keep my hopes up to overcome what seemed unreachable due to me pretty much selling everything I had owned race related to try and stay on top of these bills. My recovery wouldn't be as far along as it is without my family, friends,vendors, and fellow racers lending a hand.

Thank You all, Blake

mopar1968 01-31-2010 03:11 PM

Well there should be no doubt on this, I have recieved everything the man said i would for a donation, Even won a tee-shirt in a drawing.

Txdrgracer 02-01-2010 08:28 AM

Thanks, Mark. But you would not believe how many people and vendors question the realism of the accident. I will share all the DOT findings when I get them, but until then am I suppossed to settle for staying in this chair and doing nothing due to the lack of money ? NOPE, I will not allow my accident to take over my entire life. I will walk again, work again, and I WILL be in a Race Car again. I have started driving my girlfriends daily driver but its not the same, I need a little rush and Chris told me when I feel ready I can drive his car, but I would much rather tear up my own stuff. Just Kidding

Later, Blake

chrisr 02-01-2010 07:10 PM

I ain't worried about you tearing anything up. I meant what I said, when you are up to it you can make a pass in my car. Hell you did the wiring on it and help me tune it everytime I was at the track. Plus just being such a good friend earns you the right. By the way, did you get the T-shirts you where having made in, if so I want to make it a point to come by and buy one. From what I saw, they are going to look cool as hell.

mopar1968 02-01-2010 08:01 PM

Well brother what i want to see is;

1] You driving again :!:

2] Back behind the wheel of your race car again :!:

3] And if we were closer you could drive mine also :!: